Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

804brown

so now you called the safety committee safety fools, and taking away overtime from members is no big deal to you.....

You are a piece of s@@t

our e board took a pay cut to get back end deals........
Example 1 they agreed with company to pay drivers straight time pay for saturday 5/7 - and giving them a day off on monday, when they should be getting paid overtime all day.

They are great deal makers with ups and they do not have the members in there best interest. Time for them to gooooooooooooo

So it is all about the $600 a month?? Are you that selfish?? Do you really believe those old safety committees were helping the members at all (beside keeping your $600 a month safe)?? Some of them were not only fools but they were tools of management spouting management's side on safety issues. The only time they stood up at a safety meeting was to get another doughnut across the room!! LOL!!

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

I will take a few hundred dollar course at the union hall and a board that makes 40K less each per year anyday. Not to mention the double matching 401k, LOL its a no brainer. Do the math. The benefits are a little weak but the fund is rapidly rising and big boss man said the changes will be reversed when its restored.
Osha training is knowledge and knowledge is power. Is this the biggest problem you have?

Hammerhead,

osha is ups responseabilty , knowledge is power only when your e board is there to protect you and in the line of fire, not hiding behind the members.

Hammer, ups tell union there's alot of injuries and ther paying comp cases up there ass, and the union gets on there side and pays of osha training because they were told to do so by UPS ----- that is the problem

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

so it is all about the $600 a month?? Are you that selfish?? Do you really believe those old safety committees were helping the members at all (beside keeping your $600 a month safe)?? Some of them were not only fools but they were tools of management spouting management's side on safety issues. The only time they stood up at a safety meeting was to get another doughnut across the room!! Lol!!

thanks for making it clear, now our local is getting that money and now our union is a tool of mangements, and spouting managemnt side on safety issues. I guess tim is keeping all the donuts for himself.... Lol

804brown

thanks for making it clear, now our local is getting that money and now our union is a tool of mangements, and spouting managemnt side on safety issues. I guess tim is keeping all the donuts for himself.... Lol

You are either very tired or very clueless. What dont you get here?? How can the union be a tool of management if the committees arent meeting! The classes will be used to empower the members who will eventually attend these meetings and will have the right questions to ask and push a union agenda on that committee! Get it now?? Go to sleep now!!

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

you are either very tired or very clueless. What dont you get here?? How can the union be a tool of management if the committees arent meeting! the classes will be used to empower the members who will eventually attend these meetings and will have the right questions to ask and push a union agenda on that committee! Get it now?? Go to sleep now!!

you can think of something better than that,

now its going to be the members responseabilty to enforce safety not our e board.

Get a grib brown

you dont get it because you are clueless

its our e board who needs training in every aspect of there job,

NOT ONLY ARE WE THE MEMBERS GETTING ROBBED BY OUR UNION, WE ARE ALSO GETTING ROBBED OF OVERTIME THAT UPS SHOULD BE PAYING WHILE ATTENDING OSHA REQUIRED TRAINING ON THE CLOCK .... KEEP SAVING THE COMPANY MONEY E BOARD
AND TAKING MONEY AWAY FROM THE MEMBERS

you should go to bed and have a wet dream about tim,

our union is now part of management and they are incharge of paying for ups expenses for training employees for osha when clearly its UPS who should be. No matter how you word it i will always be right.

Last edited:

not what i voted for

he is a union rep and he should understand the contract and understand that he put two stewards in a position to loose their jobs. if you disagree you take time to read it. it is also good that you strong union men post what happened so that the world can read it.
Was a good move and the stewards will be at work next week. Get a grip Tony. Dave has more balls in one day than you had in your complete tour in the hall. Dave proved himself, you have not.

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

he is a union rep and he should understand the contract and understand that he put two stewards in a position to loose their jobs. if you disagree you take time to read it. it is also good that you strong union men post what happened so that the world can read it.

Our union reps hide behind the members and puts them in jeopardy, when clearly its there job and thats why we elected them to do. Defend and protect us. They just dont have us in there best interest.

Had enough

Our union reps hide behind the members and puts them in jeopardy, when clearly its there job and thats why we elected them to do. Defend and protect us. They just dont have us in there best interest.
Just like their Tom and Jerry Act! They stay outside with 90 men, instead of inside helping. They are giving stickers for the members who are being good. Meanwhile management is whipping the $**t out of everyone!!!!

not what i voted for

ask your president or better yet ask some of the senior members in maspeth what the safety committee was like when the president was co-chair? also ask them how many times his route went out while he stayed in the building or did specials also ask him who was the division manager he carpooled with. people wanted change for the better not worse
So it is all about the $600 a month?? Are you that selfish?? Do you really believe those old safety committees were helping the members at all (beside keeping your $600 a month safe)?? Some of them were not only fools but they were tools of management spouting management's side on safety issues. The only time they stood up at a safety meeting was to get another doughnut across the room!! LOL!!

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
you can think of something better than that,

now its going to be the members responseabilty to enforce safety not our e board.

Get a grib brown

you dont get it because you are clueless

its our e board who needs training in every aspect of there job,

NOT ONLY ARE WE THE MEMBERS GETTING ROBBED BY OUR UNION, WE ARE ALSO GETTING ROBBED OF OVERTIME THAT UPS SHOULD BE PAYING WHILE ATTENDING OSHA REQUIRED TRAINING ON THE CLOCK .... KEEP SAVING THE COMPANY MONEY E BOARD
AND TAKING MONEY AWAY FROM THE MEMBERS

you should go to bed and have a wet dream about tim,

our union is now part of management and they are incharge of paying for ups expenses for training employees for osha when clearly its UPS who should be. No matter how you word it i will always be right.
I think you are a little misled on this issue and let me explain why..

What you are missing is that the union safety committee co-chairs typically have no interest in the union. My experience: They are typically mgmt plants that only negatively affect any type of organized union activity and involvement. I have worked in three of the local six buildings and alongside dozens, if not hundreds of safety committee members.

We have two ex-safety commitee workers in our hub (which the union abandoned the committee) that are supervisors in union clothes. They both have walkie talkies and do the least amount of work, typically directing other union employees how to do their job and movement of employees to other areas.

Are these the people you want to give overtime to? They are management plants, nothing more nothing less. They have no interest in anyone but themselves. I do not want them getting overtime, for which they actually brag about.

Even if it is less hours contributed in the union h/w bank and etc... No thanks.

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

I think you are a little misled on this issue and let me explain why..

What you are missing is that the union safety committee co-chairs typically have no interest in the union. My experience: They are typically mgmt plants that only negatively affect any type of organized union activity and involvement. I have worked in three of the local six buildings and alongside dozens, if not hundreds of safety committee members.

We have two ex-safety commitee workers in our hub (which the union abandoned the committee) that are supervisors in union clothes. They both have walkie talkies and do the least amount of work, typically directing other union employees how to do their job and movement of employees to other areas.

Are these the people you want to give overtime to? They are management plants, nothing more nothing less. They have no interest in anyone but themselves. I do not want them getting overtime, for which they actually brag about.

Even if it is less hours contributed in the union h/w bank and etc... No thanks.

Perhaps you don't understand, it does not matter who is on committee,
It's about all the members who attend these meeting on a weekly bases and get paid for attending. Our union is taking overtime from every member in our local when we need every penny to servive today.

Not only that , but they use our funds for OSHA training and save UPS even more money when UPS should be paying. Our local is being controlled by management.

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

Even worse, drivers that worked this Saturday say they will not
get paid overtime pay. Our union agreed with company's request.

How much more money is our E board going to save UPS, while our
members struggle to pay bills.