Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Had enough

I agree that we the members of Local 804 were and still are awaiting the second coming of a great leader for our local and on the national level. Lets face the facts Tim S is not him and I have no comment on Sandy P at this time. Tim appears to be a nice guy but the second coming of a legend hes not.
The press that our local has received goes over well when it comes to lockeroom talk or over a glass of wine or a martini(one olive thx)at a dinner party but what has been acomplished since this campaign started. The damage inflicted to our local has been significant. More members are falling victim to poor decisions that our elected leaders are making.

On this thread there are several different groups that have cited their feelings and pledged their allegiances as well but; we can all admit that what Dave O did was not militant. It was just plain stupid!! Whether its poor judgement, lack of discipline(since you said he was being militant)leadership flaws or whatever. Now there are 2 stewards out of work and an undisclosed amount of members whose jobs are in the balance. It has been said that there is a possibility that one if not both stewards are working in the union hall. Question who is paying their salary and where does it say in our conract agreement with UPS or our Teamster by-laws that if you are fired in the line of duty(following instructions by an elected official)that a job is promised to you? Im not a shop steward but a stand up union guy so does that mean I can work in the hall too?

In order for a boxer to be booked for a fight he or she must go through formal physical and mental training. Even with all the training there is only a chance for one person to walk out of the ring as the winner. The membership at large are not prepared to weather the self-inflicted wounds that the executive board is responsible for.

There has been numerous references about present and former board members some positive mostly negative. Just like any other oganization our current board will have to answer for this whether its at the next general meeting or the next general election.
I agree with you completely, but they keep lying and shoving things under the carpet. They do not have the members best interest!!! They only care about how they look. Tim is a very nice guy and a few others but they just don't have the experience and our Union has been going down hill, I have been repeatedly saying it. I like the way you put it into words. :happy-very:

AcesUp804

Well typed and I do agree with you, I do feel that what Dave O did was dumb and if he could do it again I'm sure he would do it different ( i hope ) , but now our E board is playing damage control for what he did. I still don't feel its right for UPS to fire those 2 stewards , go after the union. Our stewards are protected under our contract and will have there day in arb. You may feel that Tim S is not that leader and thats your opinion but I know that Angelo and Tony D are not either.......

Also with that , funny how mistake , had egough , funwithcard all start out as members just wanting to give there 2 cents , we will see how long before you cant help yourself and show your true colors ,, hope not.......

Last edited:

AcesUp804

I agree with you completely, but they keep lying and shoving things under the carpet. They do not have the members best interest!!! They only care about how they look. Tim is a very nice guy and a few others but they just don't have the experience and our Union has been going down hill, I have been repeatedly saying it. I like the way you put it into words. :happy-very:

And what makes you think that the group of people forming Row C do? Angelo or Tony D? lets be honest here the 2 of them sat silent and collected a nice pay check while Local 804 was being destroyed and said NOTHING. Them they come back as drivers and look out for them selfs not the members , never once do they say "hey lets help our new board" NO they hope it gets worse , thats a UNION MAN??

NOT ONE MOVE THEY HAVE MADE SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN BACK MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE LEADERS NOT ONE.........

Had enough

And what makes you think that the group of people forming Row C do? Angelo or Tony D? lets be honest here the 2 of them sat silent and collected a nice pay check while Local 804 was being destroyed and said NOTHING. Them they come back as drivers and look out for them selfs not the members , never once do they say "hey lets help our new board" NO they hope it gets worse , thats a UNION MAN??

NOT ONE MOVE THEY HAVE MADE SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN BACK MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE LEADERS NOT ONE.........
Someone once said this to you before. Listen when people talk. Its not Row C its the "MEMBERS VOICE" SHOULDN'T THE CURRENT BOARD LOOK LIKE THE LEADERS? But they can't show leadership because they did not qualify for their positions. When the "MEMBERS VOICE" become the leaders they will show their strength.

AcesUp804

Someone once said this to you before. Listen when people talk. Its not Row C its the "MEMBERS VOICE"SHOULDN'T THE CURRENT BOARD LOOK LIKE THE LEADERS? But they can't show leadership because they did not qualify for their positions. When the "MEMBERS VOICE" become the leaders they will show their strength.

LOL You are just a pawn nothing more , I really feel bad for you . your afraid to give your honest opinion , what a true clown. Just make sure your airs are on time and keep kiss your managers @ss.

NO OLD BOARD MEMBER WILL EVER GET BACK IN.

Had enough

LOL You are just a pawn nothing more , I really feel bad for you . your afraid to give your honest opinion , what a true clown. Just make sure your airs are on time and keep kiss your managers @ss.

NO OLD BOARD MEMBER WILL EVER GET BACK IN.
You truly have no Idea who I am, but like everything else you say you get your facts wrong all the time!!!! But one thing I know for sure!!!! Vinny you will be very unhappy like the Lonewolf says!!!! By the way Vinny!!! Everyone at Foster knows its YOU!!:wink2: Even your buddy Anthony C!!

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

TDU informs members of their rights and responsibilies as union members. Why the moronic conspiracy theories about TDU and our E board ?? TDU are reformers and the new E board are reformers. They hold educational seminars, that is reform.

TDU . Their single greatest claim to fame is the election of leadership by the general membership instead of by a handful of people already in power. So why is it in there own leadership there are no elections for there own membership.

So TDU has stepped back in time and used the very tactics they rallied against. The TDU "Steering Committee" is appointed by TDU leadership, not elected by members. You say they are helping to reform, but what they are really doing is dividing our International membership to make us weak and take control.

So keep paying your $40.00 a year membership dues to them.
Meanwhile our E Board pays them 24,000 a year out of our fund for nonsense educational seminars. ( guess its payback time for lending Tim money for his campaign )

Every TDU member needs to ask themselves why they support an organization that isn't even willing to apply it's principles of governance to itself, absolutely stupid!

Do whats best for the members, not what's best for TDU

Last edited:

lonewolf

TDU . Their single greatest claim to fame is the election of leadership by the general membership instead of by a handful of people already in power. So why is it in there own leadership there are no elections for there own membership.

So TDU has stepped back in time and used the very tactics they rallied against. The TDU "Steering Committee" is appointed by TDU leadership, not elected by members. You say they are helping to reform, but what they are really doing is dividing our International membership to make us weak and take control.

Meanwhile our E Board pays them 24,000 a year out of our fund for nonsense educational seminars. ( guess its payback time for lending Tim money for his campaign )

Every TDU member needs to ask themselves why they support an organization that isn't even willing to apply it's principles of governance to itself, absolutely stupid!

This is why you can't trust Sandy Pope.

not what i voted for

Remember all the phone calls all the mailings to your home.The web site, the videos, the fliers. Who paid for that? You are now paying for it.

The members of Local 804 need to understand that the people they elected promised to change alot of things that were wrong. Lets start
with one "demand respect from UPS". Do you feel respected when you go to work? Do you feel UPS respects the people that represnt you?

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

This is why you can't trust Sandy Pope.

True,

TDU’s Steering Committee voted unanimously to back Sandy P's campaign, after consulting TDU chapters, and activists and members, along with other Teamster leaders.

TDU is and was afraid to let their membership vote upon their endorsement, what would have happened if they didn't vote for her.???? Lets remember, that the majority of TDU is UPS members and TDU endorsed someone outside of UPS.

AcesUp804

Remember all the phone calls all the mailings to your home.The web site, the videos, the fliers. Who paid for that? You are now paying for it.

The members of Local 804 need to understand that the people they elected promised to change alot of things that were wrong. Lets start
with one "demand respect from UPS". Do you feel respected when you go to work? Do you feel UPS respects the people that represnt you?

You think that what UPS is doing is only happening here then you are a pawn. Its happening every where and every place. At least you admit a lot of things were wrong and don't worry but the time the ballots go out they will be changed and the members will be concerned on who will be handling our next contract. We all know what a fine job Angelo and Tony D has done in the past.....

OLD BOARD MEMBERS CAN'T BE TRUSTED

Had enough

You think that what UPS is doing is only happening here then you are a pawn. Its happening every where and every place. At least you admit a lot of things were wrong and don't worry but the time the ballots go out they will be changed and the members will be concerned on who will be handling our next contract. We all know what a fine job Angelo and Tony D has done in the past.....

OLD BOARD MEMBERS CAN'T BE TRUSTED
LOL go to sleep and relax!!!

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

Don't worry but the time the ballots go out they will be changed and the members will be concerned on who will be handling our next contract.

By the time the ballots go out, there will be change, because by then every member will see how incompetent our E Board really is, and will be convinced they would not be able to handle our next contract.

Until then, let them keep paying back TDU..

AcesUp804

"The TDU "Steering Committee" is appointed by TDU leadership, not elected by members."

WRONG AGAIN , Steering Committee is voted on by ALL members who show up for the TDU Convention.

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

"The TDU "Steering Committee" is appointed by TDU leadership, not elected by members."

WRONG AGAIN , Steering Committee is voted on by ALL members who show up for the TDU Convention.

Yes, I worded it incorrect. Thanks for correcting me, it should have read as follows, The TDU "Steering Committee" appoints TDU leadership, (Sandy Pope) who is not elected by members."

You must be a member, hope your membership is paid up, so Tim can save you a seat at the convention.

Last edited:

AcesUp804

By the time the ballots go out, there will be change, because by then every member will see how incompetent our E Board really is, and will be convinced they would not be able to handle our next contract...

Angelo and Tony D can not hide from there past 95% of our membership does the right thing every day and could careless about the members that don't do there jobs and get fired. What they do care about is there future and the contract. Cry all you want Howie and the girls were voted out because they did nothing for us contract time even when the contract was settled 6 months early they were willing to give givebacks and got us NOTHING. Members want to see what they can get from a E board thats not in Hoffa's pocket and will vote them back in to find out. They will win easy and you know it , 1500 members that voted in the last election did not vote in the delegate election , but they will vote in the next one and they will vote for our E board to stay in office........

Just like Tony D said "WE NEEDED TO WIN THE DELEGATE ELECTION TO HAVE A CHANCE TO GET BACK IN THE HALL"

AcesUp804

Yes, I worded it incorrect. Thanks for correcting me, it should have read as follows, The TDU "Steering Committee" appoints TDU leadership, not elected by members." (Sandy Pope)
You must be a member, hope your membership is paid up, so Tim can save you a seat at the convention.

SORRY Not a member but I do donate money to TDU , every year for the past 14 years , not as much as Howie , Angelo and Tony D gave to Hoffa....

So the members vote on the Steering Committee and then the Steering Committee elects the leadership , sounds good to me.

Isn't that how the Teamsters did it for years? O YEA until the mob took over and the Government stepped in.... AHH Well if there is MOB people in the Steering Committee's , I do hope the government steps in.............

Last edited:

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

It seems to me our E Board does not care about the membership that gets fired, as they pick and choose who works at the hall after there walked out. Why dont they put up a bid list in each building and go by seniority. What happened to Rank and File, that's out the door when it comes to taking care of TDU buddies that helped elect the board. Cry all you want the Clowns will be voted out...