Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Ibt804Hammer

Very revealing "your Carey"!! Tony never did like Ron Carey. But thats ok Tony wasnt worthy of even of being Ron's caddy!! But you are trying to compare Ron Carey to Tony ??? Are you kidding me?? Ron Carey was a true leader. He took this local and made it the most respected local in the entire International. He got us things other locals only dreamed about. And management feared him. Tony and co allowed this local to crumble under their leadership. They allowed UPS to dictate the terms and they became tools of management. Ron Carey would never horse trade one member for another. Hey Tony who did you save when you sacrificed Liam R, one of your stewards, and saddled the entire Intl with a lost production case on SPORH?? Great job Tony!!
Please tell me he didn't compare Tony to Carey....

flushingCenterSucks

Very revealing "your Carey"!! Tony never did like Ron Carey. But thats ok Tony wasnt worthy of even of being Ron's caddy!! But you are trying to compare Ron Carey to Tony ??? Are you kidding me?? Ron Carey was a true leader. He took this local and made it the most respected local in the entire International. He got us things other locals only dreamed about. And management feared him. Tony and co allowed this local to crumble under their leadership. They allowed UPS to dictate the terms and they became tools of management. Ron Carey would never horse trade one member for another. Hey Tony who did you save when you sacrificed Liam R, one of your stewards, and saddled the entire Intl with a lost production case on SPORH?? Great job Tony!!

almost 2 years i am suffering cause i took tony d`s advice to call in an injury, guess im just another product of a corrupt system ! my case isnt even over and i heard they took my name off the board in my center !

not what i voted for

almost 2 years i am suffering cause i took tony d`s advice to call in an injury, guess im just another product of a corrupt system ! my case isnt even over and i heard they took my name off the board in my center !

If you were injured at work what do you think your steward or anyone at the Union hall would tell you. Suffering there are 804 members that were forced to take disability pensions because of injuries at work. Call the Union hall today and ask their terrific safety guy if you are hurt at work should you report the injury and report his answer here. UPS contests everyones injury its all about cost.

Members that are afraid to report injuries are another reason our health fund is paying out moore money than it should. UPS is getting over on the members by having them use their own medical.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you were injured at work what do you think your steward or anyone at the Union hall would tell you. Suffering there are 804 members that were forced to take disability pensions because of injuries at work. Call the Union hall today and ask their terrific safety guy if you are hurt at work should you report the injury and report his answer here. UPS contests everyones injury its all about cost.

Members that are afraid to report injuries are another reason our health fund is paying out moore money than it should. UPS is getting over on the members by having them use their own medical.
not what i voted for,

All workplace injuries must be reported regardless of the severity.

Individuals who intentionally report a workplace injury as having happened outside of work is probably guilty of a crime.

Local Union leaders need to unite and make sure injured workers are treated correctly. It is the Local Union Leaders responsibilty to see that this happens.

No one should blame the company for what the Union Officials allow.

Sincerely.
I

flushingCenterSucks

ya but my point is that my dm tony g. contested my case for an inncodent that happened on my person time on a sunday a week after i reported my injury . i told him myself what happened, cause he saw the small cut on my eye. he then went and used that story as how i got hurt. funny thing, 5 weeks after i was out i called my hr guy doug t cause ui wasnt getting paid, he didnt know so he called my manager john w. and then called me back and said" i still dont know why your not getting paid, john w told me that he told you to go on comp. i then called stew and he made a call and got back to me saying, " they are contesting your case cause of a fight i had on sunday , " lol, i was like, wtf? you have to be kidding me, all they knew about that fight was what i told gallo, he had earlier told me in the office " he didnt know me but didnt like me" so, put 2 and 2 together ... then my manager goes under oath and says i never reported a injury , even though my shop steward was there...then he tells the judge that i threatened to go on comp cause he was harassing me for attendance, attendance that he falsified reports on...I sit here without the proper medical treatment i need for almost 2 yrs , suffering sometimes with pain so bad i dont kn ow what to do, while these a-ho--s pull out every loophole in the system to keep delaying my trial so i suffer more...not to mention the financial and mental stress...i worked so hard and took too much s--t bto make top pay to be kicked to the curb this way, my injury is 100% from the job !!!

not what i voted for

not what i voted for,

Individuals who intentionally report a workplace injury as having happened outside of work is probably guilty of a crime.

Local Union leaders need to unite and make sure injured workers are treated correctly. It is the Local Union Leaders responsibilty to see that this happens.

Sincerely.
I[/QUOTE
If you read the post that i replied to, the member was complaining about the information a former Union Official gave him and that was to report the injury.

If you also read the posts blaiming the prior board for the depleation in the medical fund. There were members that used their own medical instead of workers compensation because they were intimidated by the company from filing an injury report. If you don't understand this you dont work at UPS or are in management,

Integrity

Binge Poster
not what i voted for,

Sincerely.
I[/QUOTE
If you read the post that i replied to, the member was complaining about the information a former Union Official gave him and that was to report the injury.

If you also read the posts blaiming the prior board for the depleation in the medical fund. There were members that used their own medical instead of workers compensation because they were intimidated by the company from filing an injury report. If you don't understand this you dont work at UPS or are in management,
not what i voted for,

I hope you agree that the former Union Official was correct in advising this person to report the injury.

Union Officials should not support members who commit what amounts to insurance fraud.

Union Officials should never allow intimidation by the company for filing an injury report.

So what are you going to do about it?

Whatever you do, I hope you do it with Integrity and not against him!

Sincerely,
I

not what i voted for

not what i voted for,

I hope you agree that the former Union Official was correct in advising this person to report the injury.

Union Officials should not support members who commit what amounts to insurance fraud.

Union Officials should never allow intimidation by the company for filing an injury report.

So what are you going to do about it?

Whatever you do, I hope you do it with Integrity and not against him!

Sincerely,
I

What I am going to do is not judge him, if he said he was injured at work he doesn't have to prove it to anyone on Brown Cafe. He was given information on what to do from another member .

flushingCenterSucks

first off my case has nothing to do with insurance fraud, its more like employer fraud. and the thing that angers me is tony d told me to call in an injury and that he would be there for me, and i never saw or heard from him again, even after my case was contested. i have medical reports, mri`s to show the herniated discs , i reported the injury in a timely matter and my manager for the thrird time in 3 years did not take any action and call the injury in. once an employee reports an accident the manager is supposed to call it in, and he didnt. instead him and gallo { my dm } concocted a story that had nothing to do with my injury, slandered my name and perjured under oath. i know when liam r says hes going to do something for me, he does it.

not what i voted for

first off my case has nothing to do with insurance fraud, its more like employer fraud. and the thing that angers me is tony d told me to call in an injury and that he would be there for me, and i never saw or heard from him again, even after my case was contested. i have medical reports, mri`s to show the herniated discs , i reported the injury in a timely matter and my manager for the thrird time in 3 years did not take any action and call the injury in. once an employee reports an accident the manager is supposed to call it in, and he didnt. instead him and gallo { my dm } concocted a story that had nothing to do with my injury, slandered my name and perjured under oath. i know when liam r says hes going to do something for me, he does it.

Take some friendly advice do not discuss your case here.

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

As per my last injury I reported back in Jan 2010, I just sat down with my Manager and shop steward and I reported the injury, Manager signed on to his computer and inputted the information, and a 10 mins later I had my WC number. No one called anyone.

Now you say you were given a number to call in the injury and was told to call it in yourself, but you didn't do what you where told from what I am reading. You told your manager, and waited for you manager to call it in ???

flushingCenterSucks

and he didnt so i did, on tonys advice.. after my case, they changed it, no more "calling it in" they do it on the computer. but i had every right to call it in, especially since he had done it to me in the past...an as for talking about my case here, i say why not? i want the people involved to be embarassed, to know the effect their lies have had on my life...

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

and he didnt so i did, on tonys advice.. after my case, they changed it, no more "calling it in" they do it on the computer. but i had every right to call it in, especially since he had done it to me in the past...an as for talking about my case here, i say why not? i want the people involved to be embarassed, to know the effect their lies have had on my life...

So, you reported it to your supervisor with your shop steward present and you were not given a WC number. Why were you not given a WC number then, what where the initials of the Shop Steward who was with you at the time.

flushingCenterSucks

So, you reported it to your supervisor with your shop steward present and you were not given a WC number. Why were you not given a WC number then, what where the initials of the Shop Steward who was with you at the time.

thats what im saying ! thats why i knew i had to call it in a few weeks later, since i could hardly walk ..it was getting worse every day.. i had a shop steward there, unless i know who im speaking with, i think ill leave his initials out of this for now...

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

thats what im saying ! thats why i knew i had to call it in a few weeks later, since i could hardly walk ..it was getting worse every day.. i had a shop steward there, unless i know who im speaking with, i think ill leave his initials out of this for now...

Ok, no initials, but as your shop steward, he should have known better to have gotten that reported that day to liberty Mut and given you a WC number. That would have been end of story and you probably would have avoided this mess. This should have not dragged on for weeks. As far you calling it in yourself, it was a good idea, but a little late and late for anyone else to help.

Just an idea, see if your attorney can get any video coverage on the day they claim you never reported it to them. Maybe there is a video film of you and the steward entering the office, or room together to report the injury to the manager.