Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

flushingCenterSucks

Ok, no initials, but as your shop steward, he should have known better to have gotten that reported that day to liberty Mut and given you a WC number. That would have been end of story and you probably would have avoided this mess. This should have not dragged on for weeks. As far you calling it in yourself, it was a good idea, but a little late and late for anyone else to help.

Just an idea, see if your attorney can get any video coverage on the day they claim you never reported it to them. Maybe there is a video film of you and the steward entering the office, or room together to report the injury to the manager.

i had my shop steward subpenaed three times and finally got him to testify 7 months later, he told the judge that my manager told me to go on comp..he told the judge that i first asked for a day off to get checked, that i said i was going to try and work through the pain and my manager replied " i want no favors from you, go on comp. my manager also admitted telling me to go on comp 5 weeks later to the head of hr, doug t when i was wondering why i wasnt getting paid..no one even new that gallo took it into his own hands and contested it..funny thing is my manager was brought in to give his testimony soon after and denied ever telling me to go on comp...and my supervisor ron r had a whole different ridiculous story of my getting jumped by 5 guys at a bar on bell blvd, where that came from ill never know, i dont even go to bars in that area...he said i had lunch with him and told him that..first off, i would never have lunch with that piece of feces, i cant stand that guy, hes the biggest liar and sneak in the building, and much hated buy most drivers...so even with the judge questioning them both about their testimonies, asking them who told them what to say, i still went on to lose the original decision and am now waiting the results of an appeal we put in..i feel confident that i will win the appeal, i read the 15 page appeal letter and i believe that the judges that are looking it over will see how much they are lying...how could they not!

flushingCenterSucks

when i called it in myself, the day i couldnt get out of bed the pain was so bad, i texted my super, told him i was taking my managers advice and going on comp, that the pain was overwhelming. that was about 3 weeks after i reported it,and i got a wc# that day. i told the woman at liberty mut. that i reported the injury and she even asked why my manager hadnt called it in yet..she said he was responsible if i told him about it.. liberty sent me a wc prescription card and continued paying for my meds for 6 months, then all of a sudden stopped. i called them to ask them why they stopped paying for my meds and the guy said" oh, if we pay for your meds then that means we have accepted liability for your case, so we cant pay for them..i was like, excuse me, you guys have been paying for them for the last 6 months..he got all nervous and put me on hold, and never picked back up..so i went to cvs, got some info from them, spend hours on the phone and finally got them to print out my bills, showing the workers comp codes they used to pay for my meds through stone ridge pharmacy, told my attorney and sent them to him. he then tells me, oh, i cant use that !! ya, ok stew, why not? and not a word was said about it in my next hearings..common, it doesnt take a genius to see whats happening here...whos protecting who here?

menotyou

bella amicizia
My attorney thought he would tell me how things were going to go with my comp case. I called a comp advocate and complained. 2 days later, my lawyer was apologizing to me. He knows he works for me, now. Every appeal we have filed has been won. 1-800-580-6665

flushingCenterSucks

My attorney thought he would tell me how things were going to go with my comp case. I called a comp advocate and complained. 2 days later, my lawyer was apologizing to me. He knows he works for me, now. Every appeal we have filed has been won. 1-800-580-6665

thanks menotyou, but i think im in too deep, the case is just awaiting a decision from the judges, the attorneys screw ups are pretty much set into stone i think..but it wont hurt to call...

CRASH501

when i called it in myself, the day i couldnt get out of bed the pain was so bad, i texted my super, told him i was taking my managers advice and going on comp, that the pain was overwhelming. that was about 3 weeks after i reported it,and i got a wc# that day. i told the woman at liberty mut. that i reported the injury and she even asked why my manager hadnt called it in yet..she said he was responsible if i told him about it.. liberty sent me a wc prescription card and continued paying for my meds for 6 months, then all of a sudden stopped. i called them to ask them why they stopped paying for my meds and the guy said" oh, if we pay for your meds then that means we have accepted liability for your case, so we cant pay for them..i was like, excuse me, you guys have been paying for them for the last 6 months..he got all nervous and put me on hold, and never picked back up..so i went to cvs, got some info from them, spend hours on the phone and finally got them to print out my bills, showing the workers comp codes they used to pay for my meds through stone ridge pharmacy, told my attorney and sent them to him. he then tells me, oh, i cant use that !! ya, ok stew, why not? and not a word was said about it in my next hearings..common, it doesnt take a genius to see whats happening here...whos protecting who here?
" FIRE STEW ASAP " He is so not helping you

cino321

Can any of you guys recommend a good comp attorney? Most of us that haven't had comp cases yet and aren't familiar with the whole procedure only know of Stew from what we learned at union meetings.

not what i voted for

Can any of you guys recommend a good comp attorney? Most of us that haven't had comp cases yet and aren't familiar with the whole procedure only know of Stew from what we learned at union meetings.

They are all good if the case goes in your favor.
Stu thinks that everyone knows all about comp which is not the case most members have not been on comp.
It doesnt look like he does well with the real ugly cases.
There are plenty of them out there you just need one that can deal with UPS

flushingCenterSucks

try this guy, heard others are using him and hes good..i will be using him too soon if i have to ..ryan allen: 914-448-0200

Ibt804Hammer

Few guys hired Stu and when it was time for the hearing, one of his reps showed, not Stu. I guess if you have a basic minor injury he would be fine. I would prefer any wc lawyer instead oh him. They know the laws and their speciality is workers comp. Another thing is Stu charges a hefty price tag for your case which the judge grants him basically whatever he asks for.

ROW A

Reports are Chris .w was seen in foster ave this week as a business agent!!!! wow !! frankie.friend didnt get the nod lmao! first Tony now Tim wow frankie they must have come to the same conclusion i did years ago your useless :happy-very:

804brown

Reports are Chris .w was seen in foster ave this week as a business agent!!!! wow !! frankie.friend didnt get the nod lmao! first Tony now Tim wow frankie they must have come to the same conclusion i did years ago your useless :happy-very:

If you mean Chris W from Maspeth,wow is right! He would be a great pick especially for the inside members. But maybe he was helping out at the hall since most of the E board is in Vegas??

804brown

It is official. Sandy Pope has been nominated to be our next Teamsters General President!! Good job Row B E- board for getting her on the ballot. The Hoffa forces tried to shut up all non-Hoffa voices at the convention but the push for change at the top of this union is inevitable!! With Hoffa Jr in attendance, our President Tim S got up to the mic and said: "There is only one person in this room who needs to be afraid of Sandy Pope. It is time for a new General President!" Way to go Tim!!