Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

804brown

To All,

How has the current E-Board done with providing 24/7 representation as promised in their campaign?

Please be as specific and detailed as possible and practical.

Sincerely,
I

The old executive board worked 8 to 5. They never showed up for the part timers at night or early in the morning. When they did show up it was to deal with drivers problems. The new executive board now has several B/As just covering the nights/early mornings . That is part of the 24 hr representation. It means UPS is a 24 hr operation, so there has to be someone working for the union either in the hall or in a building. The answering service is not on the premises unfortunately but it is a live person who then forwards those late calls to the B/As who are working. Granted it is not perfect but it is a cut above what we used to have.

For the record some of the people who post on this thread are former board members who are just looking to make the new board look bad by any means necessary. That includes total fabrications and half stories. So keep that in mind when you converse with some of these guys.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The old executive board worked 8 to 5. They never showed up for the part timers at night or early in the morning. When they did show up it was to deal with drivers problems. The new executive board now has several B/As just covering the nights/early mornings . That is part of the 24 hr representation. It means UPS is a 24 hr operation, so there has to be someone working for the union either in the hall or in a building. The answering service is not on the premises unfortunately but it is a live person who then forwards those late calls to the B/As who are working. Granted it is not perfect but it is a cut above what we used to have.

For the record some of the people who post on this thread are former board members who are just looking to make the new board look bad by any means necessary. That includes total fabrications and half stories. So keep that in mind when you converse with some of these guys.
804Brown,

Practically speaking, how are 13 Union Officials offering 24/7 service?

What are the work shifts like and does each official have to work the night shift?

Sincerely,
I

CRASH501

I know nothing about the old boards night or early morning representation ,
BUT........
John N was at brush at all hours of the night , I personally have seen him there as late as 11:30 pm or as early as 6 - 7 am observing and dealing with issues, so maybe just maybe before you post such comments you might want to a little more research!

AcesUp804

John N was at brush at all hours of the night , I personally have seen him there as late as 11:30 pm or as early as 6 - 7 am observing and dealing with issues, so maybe just maybe before you post such comments you might want to a little more research!

I do think that John N mite of cared , he was a good guy , our union was paying him for years and years to do things for our hall , John and Vinny M were always payed by the hall to be on so called commitees , election boards , to go away as minute takers the list goes on and on , just a way to take care of their buddies nothing more. John was brought in the hall as a favor to a retiring board member nothing more.

Here's something you never heard Crash, Tony D told people in Foster that the day of the vote count when they lost to Row B , back at the hall John N was in his office crying like a baby , WOW great job Tony D , just another example of how he cares about no one but him self. Was John crying because he could no longer help his members? OR was he crying because he was unable to make 165,000 any more? No one knows BUT for Tony D to laugh and yes he was laughing because I was one of the people he told is friend'ed up.........

YOU WOULD THINK THAT WOULD BE A PRIVATE MOMENT.... HIS SO CALLED BUDDY TONY WAS TRASHING HIM.... KNOW HE WANTS TO USE HIM TO GET BACK IN THE HALL.......

Had enough

I do think that John N mite of cared , he was a good guy , our union was paying him for years and years to do things for our hall , John and Vinny M were always payed by the hall to be on so called commitees , election boards , to go away as minute takers the list goes on and on , just a way to take care of their buddies nothing more. John was brought in the hall as a favor to a retiring board member nothing more.

Here's something you never heard Crash, Tony D told people in Foster that the day of the vote count when they lost to Row B , back at the hall John N was in his office crying like a baby , WOW great job Tony D , just another example of how he cares about no one but him self. Was John crying because he could no longer help his members? OR was he crying because he was unable to make 165,000 any more? No one knows BUT for Tony D to laugh and yes he was laughing because I was one of the people he told is friend'ed up.........

YOU WOULD THINK THAT WOULD BE A PRIVATE MOMENT.... HIS SO CALLED BUDDY TONY WAS TRASHING HIM.... KNOW HE WANTS TO USE HIM TO GET BACK IN THE HALL.......

Vinny why don't you just answer about what Integrity is asking you? Everyone on this site already knows what you think of Tony D. You must think of him all day long you poor thing. The obsession you have with him is just not normal.

Ibt804Hammer

John N was a good people person. I liked his character and people skills. Tony M was another favorite. Tony D , Bill B, and Steve M.....now that's a different story. I don't think Brush had late sorts so the building pretty much is a ghost town till the package loaders come in. 43rd, Maspeth, and Nassau, on the other hand, run 24 hours and should have an agent on hand. There is no excuse from either board.

AcesUp804

Vinny why don't you just answer about what Integrity is asking you? Everyone on this site already knows what you think of Tony D. You must think of him all day long you poor thing. The obsession you have with him is just not normal.

Because he scares me LOL But your right every on does know how I feel about Tony D , this will be my last post until around election time. "not that anyone really cares LOL"

GOOD HEALTH TO ALL , NO MATTER WHAT , WE ARE ALL TEAMSTERS... GOD BLESS

at least the ones that are not in management like Mistake...... LOL

prsman12059

whoever this is I never cried about them giving the job away I did complained and so would you especially when you see people around you with much less time working inside. The fact is they gave the job to a feeder driver who just didn`t feel like driving feeders anymore & you know yourself those jobs are suppose to be for injured package drivers first. I was out of work for 15 months with my injury my doctor told me I may I may not be able to go back on the truck. I had 24 years and I was a Steward for 18 of them. I was always there every election for Howie and the boys tell me you would be upset if he did that to you. What about my family who was going to support them ? I was kicked to the curb thank God I was able to work myself back on to the truck after over a year of therapy. And as far as Super Seniority I have never used that in my 19 years as a steward, you are very misinformed. But you can ask anyone of the members I represent I always put them 1st never even think about myself it`s all about them. Know what your talking about before you make false statements I have no skeletons in my closet and take my Stewardship very seriously. I`ve never been challenged in 19 years that should speak for itself.

prsman12059

whoever this is I never cried about them giving the job away I did complained and so would you especially when you see people around you with much less time working inside. The fact is they gave the job to a feeder driver who just didn`t feel like driving feeders anymore & you know yourself those jobs are suppose to be for injured package drivers first. I was out of work for 15 months with my injury my doctor told me I may I may not be able to go back on the truck. I had 24 years and I was a Steward for 18 of them. I was always there every election for Howie and the boys tell me you would be upset if he did that to you. What about my family who was going to support them ? I was kicked to the curb thank God I was able to work myself back on to the truck after over a year of therapy. And as far as Super Seniority I have never used that in my 19 years as a steward, you are very misinformed. But you can ask anyone of the members I represent I always put them 1st never even think about myself it`s all about them. Know what your talking about before you make false statements I have no skeletons in my closet and take my Stewardship very seriously. I`ve never been challenged in 19 years that should speak for itself.

local804

Not sure who you are talking to but a little comment if I may.
Your super seniority is used during a strike or a lay off only in this local, am I correct? Did the feeder driver have more seniority thatn you and was it a bid posted on the wall for all to pick?

menotyou

bella amicizia

Must be nice to have a local that actually cares about you when you are injured. I am a full time driver and was injured on the job. No one is even trying to help me.

Integrity

Binge Poster
WOW....No complaints this week from the peanut crew, must be happy with the board.
local804,

Maybe they have realized that for the most part, the dialogue on this thread has not been constructive but destructive to the local and to unionism as a whole.

Sincerely,
I

Had enough

local804,

Maybe they have realized that for the most part, the dialogue on this thread has not been constructive but destructive to the local and to unionism as a whole.

Sincerely,
I
Sorry I, You got it wrong. Not to many care anymore about them. Not to many happy either. Your right, destruction to the local is not good. But positive energy into the new board is better. Believe me I, members are done with the board!! Unless you are a part of it you would not understand!!! A lot of good stuff happening. Enjoy your summer and try to stay cool!!! It's gonna be a hot week!!! I do not stand alone!!!

EyesLookingIn

"Originally Posted by Integrity
Maybe they have realized that for the most part, the dialogue on this thread has not been constructive but destructive to the local and to unionism as a whole."

"Originally Posted by an had enough
Sorry I, You got it wrong. Not to many care anymore about them. Not to many happy either. Your right, destruction to the local is not good. But positive energy into the new board is better. Believe me I, members are done with the board!! A lot of good stuff happening. Enjoy your summer and try to stay cool!!! It's gonna be a hot week!!! I do not stand alone!!!

Integrity , I know you mean well but please remember this threads whole purpose from 5-4-2010 was for our old E board that destroyed our union to try and get back in , not one old board member in the last year and a half as done one thing positive to try and help our local or even the members they once represented.( unless some one wants to prove me wrong ) So trust me when I tell you that the 18 local 804 members that even read this , we all know whats going on.

Last edited:

EyesLookingIn

I was told that all 18 drivers from 43rd St that lost there job because they were making deals with a supervisor for time off and getting paid jury duty for time that they say was owed to them all got there job back.

Great job by our BA's in this building and our Executive Board to get those guys jobs back.