Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

CRASH501

Is your car wash back to work? Does everyone in the Bronx know about the Verizon and Verizon wireless strike, they are also setting up mobil pickets.
As far as I know 4 out of 5 terminated are back to work from that situation, I believe 1 mechanic resigned and moved on with his life.
I have a VZ wireless store on my route with an estimated 20-30 protesters outside until about 4pm

menotyou

bella amicizia
.As far as I know 4 out of 5 terminated are back to work from that situation, I believe 1 mechanic resigned and moved on with his life..I have a VZ wireless store on my route with an estimated 20-30 protesters outside until about 4pm
I went by a Verizon store on Erie Blvd. in Syracuse yesterday. Had about 20 picketers and an empty parking lot. hehehe.

CRASH501

I went by a Verizon store on Erie Blvd. in Syracuse yesterday. Had about 20 picketers and an empty parking lot. hehehe.
I drove by the local verizon CORPORATE store about 10 miles from home in westchester (lake mohegan) there was a solid 50 yesterday.

804brown

I hope they get what they have worked so hard for. These corporate yahoos need a wakeup call.

I spoke with a striker who was home today. He said they have been going mobile, following management. They surround the trucks so that the scabbing management personnel cannot get out of his truck. I wish them a lot of luck. Labor needs a big win!!

ROW A

New ratings on a - a-b-c-d-friend-ratings scale for our local 804 executive board -- goes as follows -tim.s=friend - jim.r=friend- pete.m=friend- dave.friend=c- neil.o=c- mark.h=c- chris.s=d- dave.o=friend- sam.c=c-liam.r=c- steve.a=d- anthony.c=d- riley.friend=na- 1.building raids - 2.and your night call service are things they can work on -3. And all facilities have to be hit atleast twice a week to keep a handle on things. 4.please clear up the health fund problems more info is needed a special meeting should be called asap . Ups is making it very clear they do not want these guys around for the 2013 contract talks. Which makes me like them more. Brothers and sisters its a war going on we have to be strong ups ie matt.h is trying to bust our union with the help of some of our very own self interested members .

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

Our Eboard has posted Know Your Rights to Honor Verizon Picket Lines on there site, however I haven't heard anything direct from my BA on this issue, in fact its UPS telling us not to cross the picket lines, To my knowledge - the E Board hasen't informed us in person, and showed there support in person. I guess they are, or some are afraid of conferntation with management, as they are known for. UPS is loading these packages using union members to load CWR packages ,letting Union drivers take these packages out to our routes, then handing them over to un-uniformed management who deliver them. I believe there packages should held in our buildings and should be picked up by Verizon mangement. Who am I to battle with management on this issue, and argue this and then get pulled into the office and not get backing and support from our E Board which they are know for.

In unity there is strength, however our strength is not getting used and being wasted. Now if you say they are allowed to do this, then why dont our BA tell us what the company is allowed to do and not to do. If our Eboard was doing there job and informing the members we know how to deal with it.

Here we have our BA's handing out Sandy p flyers, when they should be inside doing there job, at a time when they protested for the War on Workers, and pretending to put heat on Management, but no they stand outside the property and basically do nothing for us. Hell, they should have been given flyers on how to handle the CWR (Verizon) strike at least, but no they dont. Also, I'm not saying they shoulden't support Sady if they want, but they need to do there job as well and then put in some extra time and effort for other issues they support, I believe our BA's just dont know what to do when there in building, they just allow UPS to do what they want when there their anyway. So they stand outside most of the all the time, showing there face, but not there skills, authority and leadership we need. "Hope is on the way".... What a MistakeVoting4ThisEboard.

804brown

Our Eboard has posted Know Your Rights to Honor Verizon Picket Lines on there site, however I haven't heard anything direct from my BA on this issue, in fact its UPS telling us not to cross the picket lines, To my knowledge - the E Board hasen't informed us in person, and showed there support in person. I guess they are, or some are afraid of conferntation with management, as they are known for. UPS is loading these packages using union members to load CWR packages ,letting Union drivers take these packages out to our routes, then handing them over to un-uniformed management who deliver them. I believe there packages should held in our buildings and should be picked up by Verizon mangement. Who am I to battle with management on this issue, and argue this and then get pulled into the office and not get backing and support from our E Board which they are know for.

In unity there is strength, however our strength is not getting used and being wasted. Now if you say they are allowed to do this, then why dont our BA tell us what the company is allowed to do and not to do. If our Eboard was doing there job and informing the members we know how to deal with it.

Here we have our BA's handing out Sandy p flyers, when they should be inside doing there job, at a time when they protested for the War on Workers, and pretending to put heat on Management, but no they stand outside the property and basically do nothing for us. Hell, they should have been given flyers on how to handle the CWR (Verizon) strike at least, but no they dont. Also, I'm not saying they shoulden't support Sady if they want, but they need to do there job as well and then put in some extra time and effort for other issues they support, I believe our BA's just dont know what to do when there in building, they just allow UPS to do what they want when there their anyway. So they stand outside most of the all the time, showing there face, but not there skills, authority and leadership we need. "Hope is on the way".... What a MistakeVoting4ThisEboard.

You needed a BA to tell you not to cross a picket line?? LOL You want to be useful, get out from behind your computer and find a Verizon office and join their picket. Dont go empty handed. Wear some Local 804 gear too. This is our fight too. UPS will say the same things to us in a year or two: The package division is not as profitable as "logistics" and to be "competitive" we are demanding concessions blah blah blah. UPS like verizon are both highly profitable in a weak economy. They are and will take advantage of this weak economy to get concessions. CWA members have to stay strong and win this. When it is our turn , we might have to be on the picket line too!!

not what i voted for

You needed a BA to tell you not to cross a picket line?? LOL You want to be useful, get out from behind your computer and find a Verizon office and join their picket. Dont go empty handed. Wear some Local 804 gear too. This is our fight too. UPS will say the same things to us in a year or two: The package division is not as profitable as "logistics" and to be "competitive" we are demanding concessions blah blah blah. UPS like verizon are both highly profitable in a weak economy. They are and will take advantage of this weak economy to get concessions. CWA members have to stay strong and win this. When it is our turn , we might have to be on the picket line too!!

He makes some good points infact there was a thread on BC about crossing a picket line. The point is there are some 804 members that need to be informed on what to do. He is right about 804 Members processing verizons packages. If they wind up in the buildings verizon should have to come get them. UPS has already planted the seeds on what they will attack and the membership better start getting prepared start saving your money

EyesLookingIn

BA's in 43rd Street have been talking to members and stewards about this strike , I have seen it. Its the job of the stewards to have center meetings and tell the drivers what to do. So "Mistake" what are u saying that drivers don't know what to do, because stewards haven't been told by there BA? ?? What building are u from? Have any of the stewards in your building called there BA and have not gotten help?

Had enough

New ratings on a - a-b-c-d-friend-ratings scale for our local 804 executive board -- goes as follows -tim.s=friend - jim.r=friend- pete.m=friend- dave.friend=c- neil.o=c- mark.h=c- chris.s=d- dave.o=friend- sam.c=c-liam.r=c- steve.a=d- anthony.c=d- riley.friend=na- 1.building raids - 2.and your night call service are things they can work on -3. And all facilities have to be hit atleast twice a week to keep a handle on things. 4.please clear up the health fund problems more info is needed a special meeting should be called asap . Ups is making it very clear they do not want these guys around for the 2013 contract talks. Which makes me like them more. Brothers and sisters its a war going on we have to be strong ups ie matt.h is trying to bust our union with the help of some of our very own self interested members .
I don't know if I agree on everything that was said, but you did say some true facts, I do enjoy to read your ratings!!!!

local804

I think you pretty much nailed it on the head but Id give Sammy and Dave O a little boost. I agree with hadenoughs post also.