Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

BA's in 43rd Street have been talking to members and stewards about this strike , I have seen it. Its the job of the stewards to have center meetings and tell the drivers what to do. So "Mistake" what are u saying that drivers don't know what to do, because stewards haven't been told by there BA? ?? What building are u from? Have any of the stewards in your building called there BA and have not gotten help?

Here was my point, our Union not informing the members on how to deal with the strike, only posting it on the local site is not good enough.

In this video, it shows a member was not informed and possibly could have been put in danger.
Another example of poor leadership....

[video=youtube;tyQZCrQNH48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyQZCrQNH48[/video]

Its the Job of the BA's to have building meetings, you say its the job of the stewards to tell drivers what to do, that would be directing the work force, are our BA's trying to get everyone fired for there lack of experience. I can see you are as bright as them.

Last edited:

ROW A

:funny:you just proved my point thanks:wink2: THE IBT DICTATES THE INCREASE so with your logic we should give the new e board credit for the increase in our raise for the same time frame 1.07 under the old board and 1.29 under the new board = a dues increase of 2.67 and under the old board and 3.25 increase under the new board for a grand total of .58 cents stop making stuff up thats not how you win .

not what i voted for

:funny:you just proved my point thanks:wink2: THE IBT DICTATES THE INCREASE so with your logic we should give the new e board credit for the increase in our raise for the same time frame 1.07 under the old board and 1.29 under the new board = a dues increase of 2.67 and under the old board and 3.25 increase under the new board for a grand total of .58 cents stop making stuff up thats not how you win .

You have selective memory or you haven't been around that long. We paid $31.00 for a long time until the bright 804 members started bragging to other members in different states what we were paying. When the current board were members they didn't make the same reference to the IBT for dues increases, they made reference to the old board for the reason the dues were being raised.

804brown

O really,

Dues raises Under new E Board.....

Payrate now 30.94 x 2.5 = 77.37 union dues go up again to 77.00 A $5.00 raise in dues in just about 19 Months in office...

Payrate is February 11' 30.40 x 2.5 = 76.00 union dues go to 76.00

payrate in August 10' was 30.05 x 2.5 = 75.12 union dues were 75.00

payrate in Feb 10' was 29.65 x 2.5 = 74.12 unions dues were 74.00

__________________________________________________ __________________________
Prior union due raises..

Payrate in Aug 09' was 29.27 x 2.5 = 73.17 union dues were 72.00

payrate in Feb o9 was 28.90 x 2.5 = 72.25 union dues were 72.00

payrate in Aug 08' was 28.55 x 2.5 = 71.37 union dues were 71.00

payrate in Feb 08 was 28.20 x 2.5 = 70.50 union dues were 71.00

This E Board just does whats best for themselves not the members, a proven fact...

Hmmm, according to these numbers, Howie and the boys were supposed to raise our dues to $73 in Aug of 2009. Now lets see, what was happening around then?? Could it have been they were running for re-election (OOPS not!!)?? So what happens, they lose , Row B wins , takes over in Jan 2010. Our Row A-endorsed split raise goes into effect in Feb 2010 which then puts us over $74 . So the new board fixes what Row A didnt to keep us ok with the Intl. Im sure the Intl knew about this but let it go because Hoffa didnt want Row B in there. Howie was his pal!!. Anyway, facts are facts. It is mandated that we pay 2 and 1/2 our hourly wage and thats right our wages went up again in August. And guess what Einstein, in February our wages will go up again and you wil be on here saying the same blather. SAVE IT!!!!

lonewolf

Hey how come cigar Pete is not yelling now, like when he was a feeder driver? About the laid off feeder drivers and all the guys from Jersey doing all of Local 804's work. He was the one that used to yell when the old board was in office.

lonewolf

What about Dave friend. forgetting to show up for a hearing in 43rd St? The shop Steward had to take the hit. The driver was discharged and walked off the job for attendance. When the steward finally contacted Dave, he said he forgot. Great Job Dave friend. Keep up the good work.

lonewolf

The contract expert Liam R. has just given one of his buddies from Flushing, Sal B. a porters job. Meanwhile, 50 other guys in the building have more seniority then Sal B. Maybe because he used to be his alternate Steward? Maybe he just does not know the Contract?

lonewolf

While having a meeting with the division manager and all the shop steward in the building, the contract Expert Liam R suggest to the division manager that we should make up a list of drivers and in seniority order he will go around and ask the drivers who came to work, who wants to go home. Meanwhile all the stewards looked at him and said you are violating the contract. This new division manager Joe C. is kicking the **** out of Liam.

ROW A

You have selective memory or you haven't been around that long. We paid $31.00 for a long time until the bright 804 members started bragging to other members in different states what we were paying. When the current board were members they didn't make the same reference to the IBT for dues increases, they made reference to the old board for the reason the dues were being raised.
So it is true the IBT mandates the increase . I dont love this board either but i only report things that are to the best of my knowledge are in fact true.:wink2:

EyesLookingIn

Hey " Mistake " how is it directing the work force if its in the contract. Article 9 Section 1 , plus in that video the driver was not trying to cross the picket line at all he was supporting them, every driver in Manhattan knows not to cross a picket line because the stewards tell them. You say have a building meeting your lucky if you get 30% there. The stewards see there people and talk to them every dad. When 32BJ went on strike Angelo G talk to the stewards but most knew before he did and then the stewards told you us.

local804

The contract expert Liam R. has just given one of his buddies from Flushing, Sal B. a porters job. Meanwhile, 50 other guys in the building have more seniority then Sal B. Maybe because he used to be his alternate Steward? Maybe he just does not know the Contract?

how much time does this guy have and was it reserved?

local804

Hey how come cigar Pete is not yelling now, like when he was a feeder driver? About the laid off feeder drivers and all the guys from Jersey doing all of Local 804's work. He was the one that used to yell when the old board was in office.

does anyone have anything nice to say about him?

In our Bldg UPS is telling drivers that they have to check box to release all medical history to UPS if they ask on new D. O. T. form. Drivers are refusing to do it as in the past. Mgmnt threatening discipline. Anyone else here heard of this?

Hey, Has anybody in the Feeder dept. heard anything lately of the double starts on Mondays issue going to arbitration yet? and if so, is there a docket# associated with this case? I have heard nothing back from anybody @ the hall regarding this! Once again, Lack of communications @ it's best!!!!:surprised: