Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

EyesLookingIn

The second sentence that they won is bull sh-t. NO its not BS because we won the arbitration the company backed down.All Trustees had to agree to make the change. It is probably cheeper to pay for the ER charges than the disability.No clueless again charges for the ER were though the roof.
This board had to give up something to get back what we had.Our old board was also willing to give up the same benefit to fix our medical but the costs to the members were to high. Not a real strong negotiation.Its not contract time you cant negotiate you can only fix with what you have.
It doesn't matter as long as the members benefit. The fact is our old board left our medical to die thats why we need more money coming in the next contract our old board failed us the last 2 contracts.

not what i voted for

What did we win in arbitration? Now you want everyone to believe that the trustees agreed to reinstate the ER benefit that was so expensive that they had to cut it in 2010. For your information the extra $130 check came directly from the fund. So that is money saved for the fund! So what did you win? They are juggling the money they already have so stop trying to make it look like a win. We will see if it is better for the members. Make sure you don't fall off the bar stool unless you have supplemental disability insurance.

Ibt804Hammer

What did we win in arbitration? Now you want everyone to believe that the trustees agreed to reinstate the ER benefit that was so expensive that they had to cut it in 2010. For your information the extra $130 check came directly from the fund. So that is money saved for the fund! So what did you win? They are juggling the money they already have so stop trying to make it look like a win. We will see if it is better for the members. Make sure you don't fall off the bar stool unless you have supplemental disability insurance.

They are juggling the money around and trying to put a spin on it that they won something. Its politics and hopefully people see right through it. I dont see it any different than what they blasted Howie for doing with the pension and h n w contributions many years back.

not what i voted for

They are juggling the money around and trying to put a spin on it that they won something. Its politics and hopefully people see right through it. I dont see it any different than what they blasted Howie for doing with the pension and h n w contributions many years back.

Thank You for being honest.That was my point but if I put it like that they would complain about bashing the current board.

EyesLookingIn

Surprised that you would answer like that. UPS was taking the Union to arbitration because they felt there wasn't enough in the reserve. The arbitrator told UPS the he felt it was going in the right direction and no changes needed to be made at this time. Plus with a new contract around the corner more money would be going in to it and told UPS they should leave it alone.....

Thats no spin UPS was trying to hold the medical over the head of the union the way they did with our pension in the last contract. Our did you forget about that. We were so worried about fixing our pension we got nothing else.....

To fix the major medical you needed to take money from some place and that was what our board felt was a good place because members were getting huge ER bills and with out the major medical Tommy Lamont from health and welfare could not fight those high bills like he was able to do in the past.

AcesUp804

I wouldn't call it juggling money Tim and crew decided to give up major medical when they wanted to stop it from going to an arbitrator and while it was a good thing to stop it from going to an arbitrator it was a mistake to loss major medical. Doesn't matter that Howie and the girls were planning the same thing it was still wrong.

I'm glad that Tim and crew did something to fix it. It was the right thing to do since you can only use money already there can't negotiate money until the next contract.

As far as what Howie did thats total different when our pension was in bad shape he put most of the dollar we get into the pension around 2008 to try and fix it which in turn took funds away from our health and welfare then in early 2009 the stock market fell out and most was lost.

Again I never said that our old board did anything criminal with the funds every thing they did was to try a fix problem but they were just the wrong choices.

OK I'm being to nice they were idiots........ now I feel better.....

804brown

The difference is the old board NEVER TOLD US ABOUT IT!! If you remember we were not told that they moved $$ from H/W to our pension fund. We found out later, much later after the fact. Personally I think what the new board did was correct but a little slow coming. This has been a problem since the changes in June 2010 for some members. Technically they/we did win something: the arbitrator ruled in the union's favor about the reserves,etc. That was a win. The decision to move the money was just a wise decision!!

not what i voted for

The difference is the old board NEVER TOLD US ABOUT IT!! If you remember we were not told that they moved $$ from H/W to our pension fund. We found out later, much later after the fact. Personally I think what the new board did was correct but a little slow coming. This has been a problem since the changes in June 2010 for some members. Technically they/we did win something: the arbitrator ruled in the union's favor about the reserves,etc. That was a win. The decision to move the money was just a wise decision!!

I would like to see the Arbitrators decision. And they didn't move money just changed the benifits and what they will pay for. Again we will see if it benifits the members or the fund, If they start bragging how great the fund is doing, you'll know the $130 week disability was more expensive than the ER benifit.

Had enough

I would like to see the Arbitrators decision. And they didn't move money just changed the benifits and what they will pay for. Again we will see if it benifits the members or the fund, If they start bragging how great the fund is doing, you'll know the $130 week disability was more expensive than the ER benifit.
:happy2:

AcesUp804

I would like to see the Arbitrators decision. And they didn't move money just changed the benifits and what they will pay for. Again we will see if it benifits the members or the fund, If they start bragging how great the fund is doing, you'll know the $130 week disability was more expensive than the ER benifit

Because of the decussion's with the arbitrator the company withdrew the arbitration. It didn't go to a decision because the arbitrator made it clear on how he was going to rule. Move money change benefits ......WHAT EVER it was changed...... Since the changes were made by Tim in early 2010 OUR medical reserve has gone from 4 million to over 16 million its been doing great before this move ... SO what are you talking about.

If you want to talk about something talk about how it went from 34 million down to 4 million with 2 contracts in between and our old board never negotiate enough money for to fix it..... TALK ABOUT THAT.....

not what i voted for

Because of the decussion's with the arbitrator the company withdrew the arbitration. It didn't go to a decision because the arbitrator made it clear on how he was going to rule. Move money change benefits ......WHAT EVER it was changed...... Since the changes were made by Tim in early 2010 OUR medical reserve has gone from 4 million to over 16 million its been doing great before this move ... SO what are you talking about.

If you want to talk about something talk about how it went from 34 million down to 4 million with 2 contracts in between and our old board never negotiate enough money for to fix it..... TALK ABOUT THAT.....

Ok. Who negotiated the money portion of the contract? Remember because if your friends stay in office they will have to answer for it. Oh thats right they will be able to blame Hoffa.
The reserves depleted because they raised the disability and were paying major medical claims for the members and retirees. Remember the uproar when they raised the prescription and medical copays! How many claims of yours weren't paid? The only one besides you and some of your friends that had a problem with low reserves was UPS.

AcesUp804

posted by:not what i voted for

Ok. Who negotiated the money portion of the contract? Remember because if your friends stay in office they will have to answer for it. Oh thats right they will be able to blame Hoffa. NO BECAUSE OUR BOARD NOW WON'T AGREE WITH HOFFA LIKE THEY WAY OUR OLD BOARD DID
The reserves depleted because they raised the disability and were paying major medical claims for the members and retirees. Remember the uproar when they raised the prescription and medical copays! How many claims of yours weren't paid? The only one besides you and some of your friends that had a problem with low reserves was UPS.no the old board had a problem with it also and there plan was after they got re-elected we were losing 25 and out co-pays going to what we have now plus 200 single deductible and 400 family per member per year..... but guess what they lost......

IN 2002 reserve 34 MILLION ------ 2010 4 MILLION

The point is , it was the old boards job to get more money in to our Health and Welfare because it was doing bad.........
THEY DIDN'T ......
THEY DIDN'T EVEN TELL US IT WAS DOING BAD ............

Just like the last time they got re-elected and then told the membership a month later our pension was friend'ed up.... THEY LIED... TO GET RE-ELECTED.

this board may not be what you voted for , but if you think it will be better with Tony D , Angelo G and John N from our old board you are living a pipe dream......all they cared about was raising their salaries and staying in office.
NOT THE MEMBERSHIP

not what i voted for

posted by:not what i voted for

Ok. Who negotiated the money portion of the contract? Remember because if your friends stay in office they will have to answer for it. Oh thats right they will be able to blame Hoffa. NO BECAUSE OUR BOARD NOW WON'T AGREE WITH HOFFA LIKE THEY WAY OUR OLD BOARD DID
The reserves depleted because they raised the disability and were paying major medical claims for the members and retirees. Remember the uproar when they raised the prescription and medical copays! How many claims of yours weren't paid? The only one besides you and some of your friends that had a problem with low reserves was UPS.no the old board had a problem with it also and there plan was after they got re-elected we were losing 25 and out co-pays going to what we have now plus 200 single deductible and 400 family per member per year..... but guess what they lost......

IN 2002 reserve 34 MILLION ------ 2010 4 MILLION

The point is , it was the old boards job to get more money in to our Health and Welfare because it was doing bad.........
THEY DIDN'T ......
THEY DIDN'T EVEN TELL US IT WAS DOING BAD ............

Just like the last time they got re-elected and then told the membership a month later our pension was friend'ed up.... THEY LIED... TO GET RE-ELECTED.

this board may not be what you voted for , but if you think it will be better with Tony D , Angelo G and John N from our old board you are living a pipe dream......all they cared about was raising their salaries and staying in office.
NOT THE MEMBERSHIP

Look everyone knows you are a hater.
And you are mistaken if you believe that anyone on here from 804 voted for or are happy with what we received in any of these contracts.
But don't kid yourself or anyone else that these guys are going to make a difference. R Carey couldn't do it before he was General President and he had skils, all he could do was disagree.This is from the National Agreement and I didn't vote for this either!
ARTICLE 34. HEALTH & WELFARE AND
PENSION
Section 1. Health & Welfare and Pension Provisions
(a) Except as set forth in this Section, Health & Welfare and/or pension
contributions shall be increased by forty dollars ($40.00) per
week on August 1, 2008 and on each subsequent August 1st during
the life of the contract

I am sure that other locals had to make changes because of this contribution amount, and they did not agree that it was a sufficient amount.

Open your eyes the changes that members voted for didn't happen and if you are happy that Tony D is not in office good for you but stop spreading your hate and misinformation.

unityequalsstrength

I like how you convenantly leave out the next sentence. Let me help you out.
a) Except as set forth in this Section, Health & Welfare and/or pen-sion contributions shall be increased by forty dollars ($40.00) perweek on August 1, 2008 and on each subsequent August 1st duringthe life of the contract. Where the employees are covered by bothTeamster Health & Welfare and Pension Funds in a Supplement,Rider or Addendum, the weekly health & welfare and pension con-tributions shall be allocated by the respective Joint SupplementalArea Negotiating Committees, subject to the approval of the JointNational Negotiating Committee. In those Supplements, Riders orAddenda, where some of the employees are covered by a TeamsterHealth and Welfare Plan and some of the employees are covered bythe Company Health and Welfare Plan, the amount of money allo-cated to the Company Health and Welfare Plan shall be the same asthe amount allocated to the Teamster Health and Welfare Plan in theSupplement, Rider or Addendum. The applicable Supplement,Rider or Addendum will reflect the appropriate agreed-to increasesto the Teamster Pension Plans in those Supplements, Riders orAddenda where all the employees are in the Company Health andWelfare Plan and/or covered by Section (friend) of this Article. Except asset forth in Section (friend) below, these increases shall be allocated asfollows: thirty-five cents ($0.35) per hour to Health and Welfare ineach year of the contract. The remainder of the contribution increaseeach year will be paid into pension.

Our health and welfare and pension is covered under our Supplemental agreement. Definition= Tony D and Company are the ones who negotiate our Supplemental agreement. They are the ones who did not negotiate more money into the fund over the past two contracts. They are the reason this fund is in bad shape. Tim and company are the reason its finally starting to turn around. Make no mistake about it, this fund has a long way to go before it considered a healthy fund. But your a Jack A** if your going to try and blame the national contract for our health fund being in the shape it is today.

not what i voted for

I like how you convenantly leave out the next sentence. Let me help you out.
a) Except as set forth in this Section, Health & Welfare and/or pen-sion contributions shall be increased by forty dollars ($40.00) perweek on August 1, 2008 and on each subsequent August 1st duringthe life of the contract. Where the employees are covered by bothTeamster Health & Welfare and Pension Funds in a Supplement,Rider or Addendum, the weekly health & welfare and pension con-tributions shall be allocated by the respective Joint SupplementalArea Negotiating Committees, subject to the approval of the JointNational Negotiating Committee. In those Supplements, Riders orAddenda, where some of the employees are covered by a TeamsterHealth and Welfare Plan and some of the employees are covered bythe Company Health and Welfare Plan, the amount of money allo-cated to the Company Health and Welfare Plan shall be the same asthe amount allocated to the Teamster Health and Welfare Plan in theSupplement, Rider or Addendum. The applicable Supplement,Rider or Addendum will reflect the appropriate agreed-to increasesto the Teamster Pension Plans in those Supplements, Riders orAddenda where all the employees are in the Company Health andWelfare Plan and/or covered by Section (friend) of this Article. Except asset forth in Section (friend) below, these increases shall be allocated asfollows: thirty-five cents ($0.35) per hour to Health and Welfare ineach year of the contract. The remainder of the contribution increaseeach year will be paid into pension.

Our health and welfare and pension is covered under our Supplemental agreement. Definition= Tony D and Company are the ones who negotiate our Supplemental agreement. They are the ones who did not negotiate more money into the fund over the past two contracts. They are the reason this fund is in bad shape. Tim and company are the reason its finally starting to turn around. Make no mistake about it, this fund has a long way to go before it considered a healthy fund. But your a Jack A** if your going to try and blame the national contract for our health fund being in the shape it is today.

Ask Tim how much money he got in August 1 of each year. Also ask him if he will be resposible for the amount of money we will get or if it is done at National Negotiations. The trustees decide where the money goes, pension or health and welfare.
If he doesn't say $40.00 I'll live with Jack A** if not You live with Jack A**.

AcesUp804

Ask Tim how much money he got in August 1 of each year. Also ask him if he will be resposible for the amount of money we will get or if it is done at National Negotiations. The trustees decide where the money goes, pension or health and welfare.
If he doesn't say $40.00 I'll live with Jack A** if not You live with Jack A**.

HEY now I know who you are , you sound like that jackass that got up at the last general membership meeting that everyone laughed at Danny betancourt.

AcesUp804

this is now posted on members voice web-site by Tony D: Throughout my career with UPS, I was a strong supporter of Ron Carey for 20 years, during which time we all benefited from a strongly led Union

So Tony D tell us why you and the rest of the old board did not go to his funeral?

Tell us why you and the old board did not have 1 photo of him in the union hall?

Tell us why at a general membership meeting you and Dan Carey had to be separated and you keep yelling "I'll punch you in the face and this is what I think of your father" you then spit on the floor

Tell everyone why you told a bunch of people in Foster (I was there) that you wanted to go and piss on Ron Carey's grave.

SOMETHING THAT I MAY HAVE ON TAPE (wink wink) SO KEEP RUNNING YOUR MOUTH TONY WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT IT WILL ALL COME OUT.