Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

EyesLookingIn

Do you have half a clue how the process works, you cant fire the arbitrator..... its called binding arbitration for a reason, you are putting your case in their hands win or lose!

And I like how MistakeVoting likes what you posted LOL Thank you Local 804

Yes its binding as to the ruling but either side can fire an arbitrator any time they want. Arbitrators has been fired during and even before they have ruled on a case.

Maybe before you tell some one they don't have half a clue or :censored2:s like MistakeVoting agree with someones post try finding out first.

Had enough

That is partially correct Crash... the union and ups has the right to fire any arbitrator with notice. (example Carol Wittenberg)
But we don't have a Union! If we did, this would never have been The conversation! THEY WERE TOLD TO DO THIS BY OUR UNION AND IT WAS WRONG!!!! IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!!! :sick:

unityequalsstrength

How do they fire an arbitrator? I would like to know.
Both UPS and Local 804 have to agree on an arbitrator to bring on to the panel. However, Either side can fire an arbitrator without approval from the other by just sending a notice to the arbitrator advising them their services are no longer needed. As far as the arbitration concerning the two stewards, its a very big contract case and the arbitrator would have rather the sides both work it out rather than he make the decision. Who ever wins this case will have the other side very upset with the outcome. And there is a risk in a case like this that either side will fire the Arbitrator depending on how he rules. This is not a typical arbitration, and it should have not gone this far. It should have been settled a long time ago.

Had enough

Both UPS and Local 804 have to agree on an arbitrator to bring on to the panel. However, Either side can fire an arbitrator without approval from the other by just sending a notice to the arbitrator advising them their services are no longer needed. As far as the arbitration concerning the two stewards, its a very big contract case and the arbitrator would have rather the sides both work it out rather than he make the decision. Who ever wins this case will have the other side very upset with the outcome. And there is a risk in a case like this that either side will fire the Arbitrator depending on how he rules. This is not a typical arbitration, and it should have not gone this far. It should have been settled a long time ago.
Again, if it wasnt for the executive board we would not be having this discussion !!!!! That was a real bad call!!!

menotyou

bella amicizia

Thank you. I appreciate your post.

Dark_Team_135

Can someone give us a summary of what these stewards allegedly did to get fired?

Also, I thought arbitrators were chosen for cases by both sides getting a list of potential candidates to decide the case and choose one by striking names until one is left. I have never heard of one being fired before reaching a decision. Now I am sure that the losing side can and may strike this person's name in future cases if they are really upset with the decision, but that isn't the same as firing him during his decision making process after the case has been heard...

NLRB charges should have been filed if these stewards were fired for Union activity! I won a case with the NLRB after losing in the grievance process. Better safe than sorry!!! They only have 6 months to file the charge.

Ibt804Hammer

This was written in May. Its is now almost February.

Thats what they told me oh spineless one. Im a member just like you so dont hold me accountable. The decision will be out shortly. Whats with all your posts regarding the melville stewards? Stirring the pot so they say? Still scared to work in melville? Fn psy

Ibt804Hammer

There was a deal on the table to bring them back but because of a company snitch, ups pulled the deal. Im done with this issue and I hope you are also... don't make matters worse

Had enough

Thats what they told me oh spineless one. Im a member just like you so dont hold me accountable. The decision will be out shortly. Whats with all your posts regarding the melville stewards? Stirring the pot so they say? Still scared to work in melville? Fn psy
I am not spinless.....Your boys are -- picking on a 18 year old supervisor in Melville! Yea right! They are tough! They should just get out Meville where they are not wanted anymore. Melville has officially turned on them. Do us all a favor and keep away before more get fired. I don't blame truckinaround!

Had enough

The word is a women driver got fired last week from Foster Ave, when they OJS her for sabotaging the load. Discharged her and walked her off the job while Anthony C just sat there and did nothing! People are getting walked off the job every day thanks for this Executive Board.

Ibt804Hammer

I am not spinless.....Your boys are -- picking on a 18 year old supervisor in Melville! Yea right! They are tough! They should just get out Meville where they are not wanted anymore. Melville has officially turned on them. Do us all a favor and keep away before more get fired. I don't blame truckinaround!

Wasnt talking to you

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

The word is a women driver got fired last week from Foster Ave, when they OJS her for sabotaging the load. Discharged her and walked her off the job while Anthony C just sat there and did nothing! People are getting walked off the job every day thanks for this Executive Board.

Seems like Anthony C is good for nothing, even helped save Bob T job when a part-timer made book as a full timer over 8 months ago because he wasnt counting his days. Anthony C did management a favor by helping them hide this fact. Anthony C is doing a great job for UPS management and screwing the members...

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

NLRB charges should have been filed if these stewards were fired for Union activity! I won a case with the NLRB after losing in the grievance process. Better safe than sorry!!! They only have 6 months to file the charge.

Our Board said they were in the process of filing charges at the time, it seems like they never did - just more lies

AcesUp804

I have not heard this and I'm from Foster.

Had enough what are you going to say if your post is total BS?

804brown

But how do you fire an arbitrator when he/she most likely has a few cases pending. I mean say he rules tomorrow. You fire him. But he heard the first day of an arbitration last week and and second day of another case two weeks ago. What happens with his cases??