Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

local804

Well at least you knew Ed died in a strike, your boy Howie disputed it. If Ron was so big on Howie, why would he only give him the feeders dept when he was around? I wont even comment on the your Ronnie paragraph, Ill let you do a little more homework first.

JonFrum

See this is a major problem with me and a lot of the members. You keep on saying how the old board messed everything up, Like I said Ron Picked Howie to be in charge, so that goes to show you his decision making is not too good.

Like the scheme Ron tried to divert $735,000 in General Teamsters treasury money to use for His campaign. So the problem is what good choices you have that you can honor this man who was a thief.

To me a man worth honoring is the man who is being honored which is Ed Doughty whom died in a strike to represent the Teamsters.

The Hoffa people and the Federal Government have been trying desperately to find proof since 1997. They apparently have been looking in all the wrong places and came up empty. You had the proof all along. Why have you withheld the evidence all these years? Enquiring minds want to know.

tellthetruth

A friend of mine from Manhattan South said it was going around the building and his manager was talking about it to his steward, I even saw him at the Ron Carey event and he was shaking a couple of people hands as they were saying congrads and good luck, as far as him getting foster and 43rd ,, i really only said those 2 because they are big buildings , but your right it would make sense to give him his own building but where would you put Ken....

O.K. By the way .. Who is Ken?

ups804

Help Local 804, LOL we need the help, we will be just fine when they are out. Oh come on, Ron was banned and thrown out of the International and not even a Union member anymore. RIP Ron Carey I really do not like to talk about the dead

As far as money there was plenty in medical They just raised it and rapped us instead of making UPS pay into it. You want to talk about their salaries, but word is that you had to hire extra people to do the work. Now where is the salary going? Ugh! I know you have to stay faithful to each other because as of just this week another shop Steward resigns in Island City in the Flushing center after Sam C. took a one day suspension on a driver who they OJS for one day. I guess you just lost one more vote. He was a supporter of you! Oh I will give you this, Howie sucked, That had to be the dumbest thing a President could say to his members but lets not forget that your friend Ron Carey chose him, but Howie's support group was much more knowledgeable and we just felt safer with them.

Believe me boys this is coming from many, they just have me doing the typing.

You should get all the facts first. I believe they wanted to fire this driver and put him on the street and wait till his arb in about a year. Its funny how alot of you brown cafe guys know whats going on in 13 bldgs. But dont know what loyalty and unionism really is. Instead your hurting our union not helping.

local804

Thanks for that correction Looper. I will have to admit that back when Howie was at your bbuilding, I probably didnt even know of your building. We had alot of other mini buildings all over the island (lynbrook,mineola) if I recall were two of them. It seems like Howie had the same union assignment then that DaveO has now.

ROW A

nice post row A ,, but can you give your ratings for the old board before they left ,, it will help get an idea of how you look at your numbers and what they really mean to u , also see how far off this board is from them.. thanks for me its id have to say my numbers would almost mirror yours but Ken=1 Sam=3 Steve =2 as for the old board ,, Howie=2 Tony M=9 (hey its tony for gods sake) Bill B=6 Tony D=5 Pat=5 Frank=5 Bill L =2 Steve= 2 John N= 3 Tom C=4 Angelo=6.....
Thanks Aces... I just want to be fair as possible..... Like Ive said in the pass we may have a few stars on this new board ......Three years is along time.. I want to give them a fair chance we all know UPS is looking for blood ... WORD is that Anthony . C is the new B.A .. I still say its a poor choice by the board... word is it was a close vote !!!! But big tim and ken got what they wanted in the end ......

scoobypanda

howie redmond drove to the strike line with ed dougherty on the day he died, the dispute you are referring to was actually about why they were striking at that time. howie redmond also served as secretary treasurer under ron carey. furthermore, howie redmond served the teamster union and local 804 for well over 30 years, why can't we let him move into retirement with thanks instead of more stone throwing? it's time for us to move forward and stop rehashing the past.
Well at least you knew Ed died in a strike, your boy Howie disputed it. If Ron was so big on Howie, why would he only give him the feeders dept when he was around? I wont even comment on the your Ronnie paragraph, Ill let you do a little more homework first.

AcesUp804

Thanks Aces... I just want to be fair as possible..... Like Ive said in the pass we may have a few stars on this new board ......Three years is along time.. I want to give them a fair chance we all know UPS is looking for blood ... WORD is that Anthony . C is the new B.A .. I still say its a poor choice by the board... word is it was a close vote !!!! But big tim and ken got what they wanted in the end ......

still waiting for rating of the old board ........ lol don't think it was Ken maybe you mean Pete or Jim LOL

local804

[SQUOTE=scoobypanda;762647]howie redmond drove to the strike line with ed dougherty on the day he died, the dispute you are referring to was actually about why they were striking at that time. howie redmond also served as secretary treasurer under ron carey. furthermore, howie redmond served the teamster union and local 804 for well over 30 years, why can't we let him move into retirement with thanks instead of more stone throwing? it's time for us to move forward and stop rehashing the past.[/QUOTE]

Scott, Howie was actually retired while as president of our union. I think rhey called it double dippping? Thanks for what? Thanks for destroying my union....... I understand your loyalty to Mike but come on....

local804

Tim Jim and Pete have about 100 yrs as teamsters worked on the international under Ronnie but you guys still passed out slanderous flyers about them,why?

AcesUp804

howie redmond drove to the strike line with ed dougherty on the day he died, the dispute you are referring to was actually about why they were striking at that time. howie redmond also served as secretary treasurer under ron carey. furthermore, howie redmond served the teamster union and local 804 for well over 30 years, why can't we let him move into retirement with thanks instead of more stone throwing? it's time for us to move forward and stop rehashing the past.

because he has done nothing to deserve a fair well song ,He was left one of the strongest locals in the country and ran it into the ground, all on he's watch, Ron Carey put him in the hall, trusted him to be secretary treasurer and then to run 804 and he turns his back on him..didn't even go to his funeral, no one from there E Board show up .. bullsh/t ,, and why because it was all about Howie's ego ,Its was all about staying in office not the members,, Howie was p/ssed that Ron didn't take him to Washington , But your right let him go into retirement because no one cares ,, thanks for nothing HOWIE

Had enough

Teamster local 804 President Tim S. turns and tells the company when he is defending a member, How can you suspend this driver for attendance when you have so many part timers that have 30 to 40 days out? LOL! Nice Job. Now they will all get suspended.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Teamster local 804 President Tim S. turns and tells the company when he is defending a member, How can you suspend this driver for attendance when you have so many part timers that have 30 to 40 days out? LOL! Nice Job. Now they will all get suspended.

Sounds like the suspensions would be justified.

CRASH501

"THIS LOCAL IS A JOKE "
I recently started to recieve letters and phone calls for past due medical bills that have incured since my termination / suspension ( depending who you speak to ).
.I was granted a 6 month extention of medical benefits on 11/09 to carry me through until 5-31-10 . upon attempting to pick up COBRA sometime around June orJuly of this year , I was informed by Tom L. that I did not qualify for the reduced cobra rate of about $470 and would either have to pay back the $470 a month from november to qualify or just pick up cobra at the regular family rate of $1200 plus . I informed Tom if I was to pick up cobra I would get back to him.
NOW.......I AM BEING TOLD SINCE I WAS TERMINATED ON 12/17/09 MY MEDICAL WAS NULL AND VOID ON 12/31/09........*** ?
These guys are changing the story everytime I speak to them .
I WAS A DIEHARD DUES PAYING TEAMSTER FOR OVER 8 YEARS AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET........
I NOW HAVE A CALL INTO THE INTERNATIONAL , LETS SEE IF THAT GOES ANYWHERE....

Had enough

If you read my post I do think Howie sucked and that was the dumbest thing a president could say, But I do think his support was much more qualified then this new board. Too many things are going down. You cant keep on blaming the old board for all their mess ups. Its pretty scary when you don't feel protected from your own Union. You ask us to be fair on judging them. We are not just talking medical and contract talks, we are talking job protection and just being confident on the 24-7 promised. When more then half don't show and no phone calls are being answered. Maybe just maybe they just don't know how to handled a situation? I among others feel we would support them, but they have not done one thing better! They just keep on talking about Ron and Ron and Ron. RIP. He was barred from the International, I did my homework, it was acquitted.,but the International still did not let him run! So it was still questionable! Enough with Ron Worry about us! Here and Now!!!! Everything is Just going Down.!

Had enough

"THIS LOCAL IS A JOKE "
I recently started to recieve letters and phone calls for past due medical bills that have incured since my termination / suspension ( depending who you speak to ).
.I was granted a 6 month extention of medical benefits on 11/09 to carry me through until 5-31-10 . upon attempting to pick up COBRA sometime around June orJuly of this year , I was informed by Tom L. that I did not qualify for the reduced cobra rate of about $470 and would either have to pay back the $470 a month from november to qualify or just pick up cobra at the regular family rate of $1200 plus . I informed Tom if I was to pick up cobra I would get back to him.
NOW.......I AM BEING TOLD SINCE I WAS TERMINATED ON 12/17/09 MY MEDICAL WAS NULL AND VOID ON 12/31/09........*** ?
These guys are changing the story everytime I speak to them .
I WAS A DIEHARD DUES PAYING TEAMSTER FOR OVER 8 YEARS AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET........
I NOW HAVE A CALL INTO THE INTERNATIONAL , LETS SEE IF THAT GOES ANYWHERE....
I know buddy, I know