Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

oldmetrony

Whether its in the morning, afternoon, evening or night ..it's a PROBLEM. And is is happening. A union members safety, making sure he or she gets home to their family is more important than any coverup and more important than standing idely by and ignoring the problems. Get your priorities in order, get people the help they need, and get the people that supply this **** out of the building.

Its too big of a problem and if they were serious about it you would never get the pkgs sorted on time and you would also have a problem on road.

804brown

Anything going on with the stewards in Melville yet? Everyone is talking about how long it's taking.

Last I heard it was in the arbitrator's hands. But since closing statements, both sides have given the arbitrator more info which has only extended the deadline to decide the case. I guess expedited arbitrtation only meant skipping the line to hear the case but not expedition of deciding the actual case.

oldmetrony

Last I heard it was in the arbitrator's hands. But since closing statements, both sides have given the arbitrator more info which has only extended the deadline to decide the case. I guess expedited arbitrtation only meant skipping the line to hear the case but not expedition of deciding the actual case.

They better hope this gets resolved before the years end. UPS has the upper hand here and lets face it no one is impressed anymore with this in your face radical behavior. UPS is going to continue to fire or suspend people at will and exploit the weaknesses of this exec board. I for one will not vote for them again, you can for me once but not twice.

Ibt804Hammer

I think Tim should have settled this many many months ago to avoid this decision. I hope for his sake these great stewards get their jobs back. I still say they did nothing wrong and should not have been fired, but you dont want to put any decision in an arbitrators hand. I also think his " expidited arbitration" is completely a joke. With that said, if its just Tim vs Tony, I will stay with Tim.

oldmetrony

I think Tim should have settled this many many months ago to avoid this decision. I hope for his sake these great stewards get their jobs back. I still say they did nothing wrong and should not have been fired, but you dont want to put any decision in an arbitrators hand. I also think his " expidited arbitration" is completely a joke. With that said, if its just Tim vs Tony, I will stay with Tim.

Whats with the extraordinary numbers of drivers being fired at Brush Ave............that building always seems to have something negative going on

804brown

As I hear it, the two stewards will be back to work on Monday. They will not get back pay. The arbitrator sort of said Dave, the business agent, was wrong and UPS management was wrong too
in how they handled the whole situation.

How was the case won?? We had right on our side. The arbitrator kept telling the company to "work it out". The company stonewalled in order to make the union look bad. The arbitrator then was forced to rule in our favor. And rightfully so. Those guys were retalliated against because the company couldnt fire Dave O!!

To our union team and lawyer on the case (Im not sure who took the case): BRAVO!! Job well done. Wins like this dont come too often!!

truckinaround

I am very happy the stewards got their job back, but how can you say bravo to our union when they were the ones who got the stewards fired. You make no sense. It was a very bad move and who could trust them ever again. What about the 90 drivers who were told they have to take a 3 day suspension? What is going to happen to them? Do they have to take the suspension? I am happy for the stewards like I said before, but please don't say good job! They messed up bad . We still feel there is no job security with your board. Will you give a job for all that you let UPS fire? I also heard your board owes money for all the fines they owe UPS for the money the company lost! The memberships money in fines that is along with the stewards salary! So please tell us all what money you have saved the Union! I can tell tell you for sure your Board has lost respect by many members. They will not get my vote....

local804

I am very happy the stewards got their job back, but how can you say bravo to our union when they were the ones who got the stewards fired. You make no sense. It was a very bad move and who could trust them ever again. What about the 90 drivers who were told they have to take a 3 day suspension? What is going to happen to them? Do they have to take the suspension? I am happy for the stewards like I said before, but please don't say good job! They messed up bad . We still feel there is no job security with your board. Will you give a job for all that you let UPS fire? I also heard your board owes money for all the fines they owe UPS for the money the company lost! The memberships money in fines that is along with the stewards salary! So please tell us all what money you have saved the Union! I can tell tell you for sure your Board has lost respect by many members. They will not get my vote....

You my friend are either management or you are so supportive of row C you are getting blinded. Open your eyes, look outside the box!

local804

Open your eyes, look outside the box! You seem to always have a lot of questions....why not ask Dave or the union officials when they are in your building Monday morning. They will be there... Dont rely on a computer, ask them for yourself. They will answer every question you have.

truckinaround

No my brother I am not blinded. Don't try to sound so confident of your board. I kept my mouth quiet until this blew over. My discussion about you has been made up since the day they told the stewards to do a work stoppage. Not before. I supported all of you 100 0/0. You'd know what they say 1st time shame on you, second time shame on me. Voting for you guys was the worst thing I have ever done.

local804

That would be first time SHAME on you.....and Yes, I learned that with Row A...thanks
Voting for you guys was the worst thing you have ever done????? I am a dues paying member just like you.... Im not going to argue with you....If you have a ton of questions, ASK THEM MONDAY!!!!!