Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Had enough

No my brother I am not blinded. Don't try to sound so confident of your board. I kept my mouth quiet until this blew over. My discussion about you has been made up since the day they told the stewards to do a work stoppage. Not before. I supported all of you 100 0/0. You'd know what they say 1st time shame on you, second time shame on me. Voting for you guys was the worst thing I have ever done.
you and everyone else!!!!!

CRASH501

" CONGRATS TO THE BOYS THAT GOT THEIR JOBS BACK" But from what I hear its a meer drop in the bucket, MULTIPLE drivers from brush have been fired over the past few weeks for mostly meeningless infractions. Yes some it seems outright had it coming (flagging ect....) but what about the rest! NO STEWARD REPRESENTATION from what I have been told by Management, not an hourly but yes Management! I myself have been attempting to contact Both Management and my B.A. for weeks and dont get the DECENCY OF A CALL BACK! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO UPS? I USED TO BE PROUD TO WORK AT BROWN! DRUNK TYPING IS DANGEROUS BUT IM TIRED OF BITING MY TONGUE! I HAVE NOW LEARNED THAT "ADA" IS PURE B.S.

truckinaround

Open your eyes, look outside the box! You seem to always have a lot of questions....why not ask Dave or the union officials when they are in your building Monday morning. They will be there... Dont rely on a computer, ask them for yourself. They will answer every question you have.
Now I know your joking, ask Dave or the union. They got everyone in trouble. Thanks, but no thanks.

EyesLookingIn

" CONGRATS TO THE BOYS THAT GOT THEIR JOBS BACK" But from what I hear its a meer drop in the bucket, MULTIPLE drivers from brush have been fired over the past few weeks for mostly meeningless infractions. Yes some it seems outright had it coming (flagging ect....) but what about the rest! NO STEWARD REPRESENTATION from what I have been told by Management, not an hourly but yes Management! I myself have been attempting to contact Both Management and my B.A. for weeks and dont get the DECENCY OF A CALL BACK! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO UPS? I USED TO BE PROUD TO WORK AT BROWN! DRUNK TYPING IS DANGEROUS BUT IM TIRED OF BITING MY TONGUE! I HAVE NOW LEARNED THAT "ADA" IS PURE B.S.

LOL just keep getting info from your buddies in management, so your BA hasn't called you back? Did u call Tim yet? Surprised since I heard when your at the hall you kiss everyones @as ;)

oldmetrony

Brush is out of control because our so called union dos not even put up a fight for the workers. Yes, some of our members are just plain stupid and try to get away with things but that being said if our stewards put up any kind of fight maybe they would walk away with a weeks suspension & learn their lesson and still be employed. The stewards at Brush are too busy covering their own behinds, George Z is the biggest two faced person ( I wonder what LP guy he is going to get in bed with now that Ralph friend has gone into retirement land after attempting to damage so many people with the help of George Z and the other "steward" Carl R.) , and what the hell while I am at it still no action on the drug dealing coverup at Brush either.....any idea why ??.......Is it possible T/C is working behind the scenes on this or are the going to continue to fire union members for the easy kills but are too afraid to go after something that can adversely affect so many people in so many ways. What did Bill Q do out in Melville that no one ever replied to ? He is like a run away train at Brush and Mount Vernon that no one in this so called union is even attempting to slow down.

annoyed804

Brush is out of control because our so called union dos not even put up a fight for the workers. Yes, some of our members are just plain stupid and try to get away with things but that being said if our stewards put up any kind of fight maybe they would walk away with a weeks suspension & learn their lesson and still be employed. The stewards at Brush are too busy covering their own behinds, George Z is the biggest two faced person ( I wonder what LP guy he is going to get in bed with now that Ralph friend has gone into retirement land after attempting to damage so many people with the help of George Z and the other "steward" Carl R.) , and what the hell while I am at it still no action on the drug dealing coverup at Brush either.....any idea why ??.......Is it possible T/C is working behind the scenes on this or are the going to continue to fire union members for the easy kills but are too afraid to go after something that can adversely affect so many people in so many ways. What did Bill Q do out in Melville that no one ever replied to ? He is like a run away train at Brush and Mount Vernon that no one in this so called union is even attempting to slow down.

Wow..easy kills, that's what LP is always about, why work hard on something substantial like drugs in the workplace . Everyone knows about it but that doesn't seem to matter, even LP, but it would take a little effort to rid the place of that cancer, so they keep on going after he b/s "kills", flagging a stop, sheeting in he building, taking an extended coffee break on the road...easy kills make them seem like they are doing their job, but are they...no they are not. LP gets rated on quantity kills not quality kills....Someday the bull**** will stop.

lonewolf

Another shop steward got fired Friday in Nassau. Meanwhile the president Tim was in the building, vice president cigar Pete and Dave friend. Recording secretary did nothing nothing about it. UPS discharged and walked the steward off the job! Another one bites the dust. This board is totally useless.

lonewolf

Was there a holiday Friday? I went to the Union hall Friday about 11:30am the girl at the front desk told me that the Union hall is closed and there are no officers in today. No wonder no one ever get phone calls returned. I guess after watching UPS walk members off the job and they are doing nothing but watching, it's exhausting! So they go home and relax.

Had enough

So I see on here that the circus is coming to town on Monday! Members watch out for what they say.....Rumor has it that their advise can cost you a job! :panicsmiley:

local804

I read all Truckin back post... All truckin asked was about the drivers and being uneasy with the situation with the stewards: I think you are BSing..... Local 804!!!

If you read all of his 39 posts, you would see 13 of them are about the two stewards. I know you dont know math but that makes 1/3 of his replies about the two stewards. Before you call me out, first off... get all of your facts in order and second MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. I was not talking to you, I was talking to truckin....He can take care of himself...unless thats one of your screen names.

If you want to stick up for some people, why not help out at a few arbitrations that you were suppost to show to...

CRASH501

LOL just keep getting info from your buddies in management, so your BA hasn't called you back? Did u call Tim yet? Surprised since I heard when your at the hall you kiss everyones @as ;)
1. just like everyone else, I get the info where ever it's available
2. No I have not called Tim as it's nothing more than a question that I have for Dave.
3..." LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW, I KISS NO ONES *****, Not management , Not a shoppie, and not anyone out of the hall"
GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AS IT'S ALSO A VERY RARE OCCASION THAT I ACTUALLY GO TO THE HALL!

Inthegame

So I see on here that the circus is coming to town on Monday! Members watch out for what they say.....Rumor has it that their advise can cost you a job! :panicsmiley:
Not really, there are no "rumors" anywhere but in the ****************. You hear lots of voices don't you "enough". Unfortunately you seem to miss the voices that use logic and reason. UPS fires employees, not the union. Not the union when Howie was in and not the union now. Stewards, officers, agents, Tim or anyone else can't stop UPS from being the s&%theads they are. The union, regardless of who is in charge, can only react. Tony knows that and so do you, so cut the crap, run your losing campaign, and get ready to have your ass handed to you again. Did I get everything in the proper context this time ***?
PS. It's advice all-star, not advise.

Last edited by a moderator:

804 MOVING FORWARD

Was there a holiday Friday? I went to the Union hall Friday about 11:30am the girl at the front desk told me that the Union hall is closed and there are no officers in today. No wonder no one ever get phone calls returned. I guess after watching UPS walk members off the job and they are doing nothing but watching, it's exhausting! So they go home and relax.

So...let's see if we've got this straight, lone****. You went to the Union hall on Friday and the girl at the front desk told you that the hall was closed and no officers were in...right? You then concluded that those officers were home relaxing. However, in your post just previous to this post, you claim that Stewards were fired in Nassau on Friday, Local 804 officers were present and they did nothing about it.

Which is it lone***? Were our union leaders home relaxing, as you claim in your 2nd post, or were they out in the field, as you claim in your 1st post? And if the union hall was closed, why was there a "girl at the front desk"?

I gotta' tell ya', lone***...this is a bit of a stretch. You just can't have it both ways. Were they home relaxing or were they out doing their job?

And, by the way, what did you think of the Arbitrator's decision returning the 2 Stewards

oldmetrony

So...let's see if we've got this straight, lone****. You went to the Union hall on Friday and the girl at the front desk told you that the hall was closed and no officers were in...right? You then concluded that those officers were home relaxing. However, in your post just previous to this post, you claim that Stewards were fired in Nassau on Friday, Local 804 officers were present and they did nothing about it.

Which is it lone***? Were our union leaders home relaxing, as you claim in your 2nd post, or were they out in the field, as you claim in your 1st post? And if the union hall was closed, why was there a "girl at the front desk"?

I gotta' tell ya', lone***...this is a bit of a stretch. You just can't have it both ways. Were they home relaxing or were they out doing their job?

And, by the way, what did you think of the Arbitrator's decision returning the 2 Stewards

By 11.30 in the morning the stewards were already walked off the job and no union exec board member is in any ups building at 11.30 am on a Friday. The truth is they do not know what their job is. Tim S is overwhelmed, period. Why don't you mention how many employees did not get their jobs back.......and why doesn't the exec board just put everyone on the union payroll when they get terminated just like they gave preferential treatment to the two stewards. I know that is not done for everyone, is it !

804brown

By 11.30 in the morning the stewards were already walked off the job and no union exec board member is in any ups building at 11.30 am on a Friday. The truth is they do not know what their job is. Tim S is overwhelmed, period. Why don't you mention how many employees did not get their jobs back.......and why doesn't the exec board just put everyone on the union payroll when they get terminated just like they gave preferential treatment to the two stewards. I know that is not done for everyone, is it !

The only reason they put the 2 stewards on the payrole was that Dave O's actions directly lead to their (wrongly) dismissal. When other members do get fired , it is usually from their own actions. That is the difference.

804brown

If the girl at the front desk told you that there were "no officers (that would be Tim, Jim, Pete and Dave friend) in today", that doesnt mean the other BA's were not in the hall or were not coming in later. Also do you know for a fact that those officers possiblly had a pension funds meeting that afternoon or a health and welfare meeting?? Wise up.

oldmetrony

The only reason they put the 2 stewards on the payrole was that Dave O's actions directly lead to their (wrongly) dismissal. When other members do get fired , it is usually from their own actions. That is the difference.

So what you are saying is that two grown men , that know the difference between right and wrong, are like two sheep that just followed Dave O,s instructions ? If Dave told them to jump from the Brooklyn Bridge would they do that also ? They got jobs at the hall because they were part of the " in crowd " . Whats good for one should be good for all, its really that simple. How do you spell CORRUPTION ??!!

unityequalsstrength

So what you are saying is that two grown men , that know the difference between right and wrong, are like two sheep that just followed Dave O,s instructions ? If Dave told them to jump from the Brooklyn Bridge would they do that also ? They got jobs at the hall because they were part of the " in crowd " . Whats good for one should be good for all, its really that simple. How do you spell CORRUPTION ??!!
You my friend are what we call a SCAB! When your a shop steward and your business agent tell you there is a union action going on, you don't try and relate that to someone asking you to jump of a bridge. You SCAB. We are part of a union and when the union authorizes you to do something within reason, you do it. And Gathering up the men for a serious safety concern is not unreasonable, Not when ups is walking all over the contract and violating every article in it.