Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

menotyou

bella amicizia
First off it was a question not a statement...... she had every right to say no I'm not...... Second I just thought that a person that has been on here from 2009 with over 8,000 post wouldn't be that gullible or naive (are those words better) had enough look them up......
Funny, indeed.

EyesLookingIn

ok.....listen to someone south of Syracuse...local 804 right now is all screwed up..and that my friend is a fact.

Sorry that your boy Angelo isn't still in the hall making $165,000 matching 401k , 2 pensions and sticking it to our members every day.....

I agree that Angelo knew how to represent members when they needed it. BUT

That doesn't excuse destroying our medical and pension because all they cared about was getting re-elected.
Telling the members to vote yes on bad contracts giving away supplement contract language and getting nothing in return.
Willing to give up 25 and out , coffee and give back 10 cents to UPS , THANK GOD our membership turned it down.AND WE DIDNT LOSE IT.
Backing Hoffa year after year giving Hoffa money for his campaign.
VOTING YES TO RAISE OUR UNION DUES FROM 2 to 2 1/2 times the hourly rate and not even telling the membership.

AND NOW THEY WANT ANOTHER CHANCE IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN...........

Had enough

Sorry that your boy Angelo isn't still in the hall making $165,000 matching 401k , 2 pensions and sticking it to our members every day.....

I agree that Angelo knew how to represent members when they needed it. BUT

That doesn't excuse destroying our medical and pension because all they cared about was getting re-elected.
Telling the members to vote yes on bad contracts giving away supplement contract language and getting nothing in return.
Willing to give up 25 and out , coffee and give back 10 cents to UPS , THANK GOD our membership turned it down.AND WE DIDNT LOSE IT.
Backing Hoffa year after year giving Hoffa money for his campaign.
VOTING YES TO RAISE OUR UNION DUES FROM 2 to 2 1/2 times the hourly rate and not even telling the membership.

AND NOW THEY WANT ANOTHER CHANCE IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN...........
who are you today Sybil?

Had enough

It looks like local 804 pension fund is about 500 million dollars in the red......that is why the current executive board does not want anyone to retire until the age of 65!!!!!!! I guess in a couple of months you will be getting a letter saying they are going to be cutting your pension.

804brown

Your local is not the only one that is friend'd up. But you are right, yours is really bad.

Menotyou, what you are getting here is a very small sample of our local. The people who come on here to attack our E board are basically the old board that got soundly defeated in 2009 or their little buddies who no longer have their "gumbahs" in the hall. These former members are running for their old jobs/salaries. They were in there forever and fell asleep at the wheel and woke up out of office. They lied to the membership and kept us all in the dark about our pension problems, our heath and welfare problems and even contract negotiations. They ran our local into the ground. The new board came in abit green but have really turned it around over the past 2 and 1/2 years. What you dont know is that when the new board took over the old guys turned their backs on the members and refused to assist in the transition. Files, notes and hard drives all dealing with THE MEMBERS were destroyed or taken or shredded. They didnt even attend arbitrations that they were the BAs for when they were in power. Some even told their former stewards to resign and not cooperate with the new board (No steward listened to them). Since back to their old jobs on the truck, they have ran for steward and lost as well as run for delagate to the Teamster convention and lost that too. They or their friends come on here and embarass our local with their my cousin vinny mentality and their lies. I believe in elections and democracy but these guys thought they were going to be in office for ever as though they were entitled to the position. The membership spoke big time and threw them out for good. So, in the future when you read had enough, lonewolf or mistake, etc remember this is a political attack on a still popular board by a bunch of rejected, former board members !!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I realize that there is a lot of politics involved here. I lived this growing up. That is why I have a clue about what might be going on there. The problem is that management is loving this. They live for the infighting.

As for the pension, our pension went through something very similar. We are up to 57 to retire. It isn't because someone did something intentionally, it is because they didn't know how to invest. That is my personal opinion. Too many locals got fat along with the rest of the country before the bubble burst. Then, BAM!!!! Reality struck. Our pension funds lost millions and millions in value that monies had been promised on. Add in the governments pension fund requirements and double BAM!!!! If they had invested the monies on a slow-growth track, this might not have happened.

I will tell this story again.
My father shut down Local 278's pension fund in 2000. He refused to transfer the fund to 747 because of their investing practices. He made any member who wanted his monies transferred there come in to the hall have a consult with him and the fund's attorney and advise them why they think this would be unwise. If they still wanted to, they had to sign a waiver that they had been advised by dad, the lawyer, and the fund against this move. They couldn't come back on the fund because of anything. Well, guess what happened?
CNBC: Syracuse unions lose millions in Madoff Scandal - YNN, Your News Now

Local 747 was investing fast and loose. I am of that opinion about my local and some other that are in such trouble with their pension funds.

Are you guys holding the Pension administrators accountable?

Last edited:

804brown

Are you guys holding the Pension administrators accountable?
Our new board has addressed our pension fund problems and who was making very bad and irresponsible decisions. Those old folks are gone now. As per our last general membership meeting this past sunday, our pension is "doing ok". We are 65% funded on a pathway to 80%.

lonewolf

When was ciger pete going to tell us that are PENSION FUND was in big time trouble. And is about to take a turn for the worse. We are now about 500 HUNDRED MILLION SHORT.

lonewolf

LAST YEAR WAS 70%. You are on your way down and in trouble! Cuts are coming soon. You better get your head screw back on straight. Do not lie to this membership ACES.

Had enough

Menotyou, what you are getting here is a very small sample of our local. The people who come on here to attack our E board are basically the old board that got soundly defeated in 2009 or their little buddies who no longer have their "gumbahs" in the hall. These former members are running for their old jobs/salaries. They were in there forever and fell asleep at the wheel and woke up out of office. They lied to the membership and kept us all in the dark about our pension problems, our heath and welfare problems and even contract negotiations. They ran our local into the ground. The new board came in abit green but have really turned it around over the past 2 and 1/2 years. What you dont know is that when the new board took over the old guys turned their backs on the members and refused to assist in the transition. Files, notes and hard drives all dealing with THE MEMBERS were destroyed or taken or shredded. They didnt even attend arbitrations that they were the BAs for when they were in power. Some even told their former stewards to resign and not cooperate with the new board (No steward listened to them). Since back to their old jobs on the truck, they have ran for steward and lost as well as run for delagate to the Teamster convention and lost that too. They or their friends come on here and embarass our local with their my cousin vinny mentality and their lies. I believe in elections and democracy but these guys thought they were going to be in office for ever as though they were entitled to the position. The membership spoke big time and threw them out for good. So, in the future when you read had enough, lonewolf or mistake, etc remember this is a political attack on a still popular board by a bunch of rejected, former board members !!
Who are you kidding!!! Now I know you were at the general membership meeting!!! The show is over!! You can't lie and hide from us anymore.................

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

As per our last general membership meeting this past sunday, our pension is "doing ok". We are 65% funded on a pathway to 80%.

Our Funded percentage was at 70.2% in Jan of 2010, now it is down to 65.00% in Jan of 2011 - The only pathway I see is our Board taking us is into the Critical status stage of below 65.00%

Inthegame

When was ciger pete going to tell us that are PENSION FUND was in big time trouble. And is about to take a turn for the worse. We are now about 500 HUNDRED MILLION SHORT.
A pension fund doesn't get into (or out of) big time trouble overnight. If the plan is "short" as you claim, it is the result of poor performance of prior years (pre 2010 when this board took over) but more than likely it is experiencing the pressures of early out pensions like the 25 and out implemented years ago by Ron Carey. Not saying that was a bad move, pkg guys are breaking down at earlier ages, but that option puts tremendous pressures on funding ratios. Most plans went backwards 25-30% after the fallout of 2008. To recover to 65-70% funding status is tolerable. With the returns this year, L804 is up another 10% not accounted for in the 2011 statement. All 804 members should thank your leaders for making decisions to keep your fund viable and healthy for long term security. Get pissed at them for other stuff but stay away from pension complaints. You're way over your head on this one.

AcesUp804

A pension fund doesn't get into (or out of) big time trouble overnight. If the plan is "short" as you claim, it is the result of poor performance of prior years (pre 2010 when this board took over) but more than likely it is experiencing the pressures of early out pensions like the 25 and out implemented years ago by Ron Carey. Not saying that was a bad move, pkg guys are breaking down at earlier ages, but that option puts tremendous pressures on funding ratios. Most plans went backwards 25-30% after the fallout of 2008. To recover to 65-70% funding status is tolerable. With the returns this year, L804 is up another 10% not accounted for in the 2011 statement. All 804 members should thank your leaders for making decisions to keep your fund viable and healthy for long term security. Get pissed at them for other stuff but stay away from pension complaints. You're way over your head on this one.

Very well said but they will still try to spin it anyway....