Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

804brown

Wow!! For having 25 years of service you haven't paid attention closely enough our pension did go up in 14 years. Now when it comes to the salary this E-Board is making more money than the last E-Board that is a fact! They spend $6,839,117 on 2011 more than $1,800,000 from the last year that Howie was in. That speaks to all the benefits this E-Board is hiding Salary, car allowing, 401k, Annuity ETC..
You need to read and re-read those other supplemental pensions that you mention above!! On many of those supplementals, a member has to work 35 years to collect!!
I know members with less time, with more sense and more knowledge than you!!

Your right our pension went up in 2002. So that makes it 10 years without a increase. But it was the old boards financial decisions which kept it flat for years.

As for the salary stuff, you are not telling the truth here. Current BAs make WITH car allowance $115K. The old board made about $155K PLUS a matching 401k. This new board ENDED that. Now that is 40k less than the old board. Multiply that by 11BAs and you save 440K every year. If you add Cerulli and Williamson's salary of $115 each and you are left with a net savings of $210K a year. As for the health benefits, they are the same no matter who is in the hall.

804brown

Trustees made a motion to stop more increases? Really?! Increases that your E-Board voted, with the company, to put them in place to begin with! Yeah great news! A Retired member is now paying over $550 a month for medical coverage that's essentially a pension reduction! Great job! lets see if the company votes with you again to stop those increases!

The EB voted to SAVE our health funds!! They made difficult choices to save money so our fund would not be short of funds. They HAD to do these things BECAUSE the old board lied to us and hid all our problems FROM US!! You dont feel deceived by those guys?? Hard decisions put off until AFTER an election ?? Get real!!

As for that retiree that has to pay $550 /month, well, he/she gets over $1200 /month in coverage for their family!! Yes, it went up. It had to and Buhlert and Donato and Guarella all knew that so stop defending those bums!!

bigd

Your right our pension went up in 2002. So that makes it 10 years without a increase. But it was the old boards financial decisions which kept it flat for years.

As for the salary stuff, you are not telling the truth here. Current BAs make WITH car allowance $115K. The old board made about $155K PLUS a matching 401k. This new board ENDED that. Now that is 40k less than the old board. Multiply that by 11BAs and you save 440K every year. If you add Cerulli and Williamson's salary of $115 each and you are left with a net savings of $210K a year. As for the health benefits, they are the same no matter who is in the hall.

Saving of 210k a year? Once again, this E-Board spent $6,839,117 last year, and they had a deficit of over 100k, which is 1,800,000 more than the last year of Howie!! So now, if you include Cerulli, Williamson, the debacle in melville, paying 50 plus drivers for they suspension, and the fine we gotta pay the company??! At this point, our local is close to be bankrupt!! 40k less than the old board!! You must think we are all stupid!! Why are we paying $106,786 on Accrued Vacation? I got more, so keep me going so I can inform our membership!

member6045

So it's Howie fault that pension protection act came about? And caused our retirees to receive a payment of 3150.00 a month for w/healthcare? Because Howie had retirees paying something like 200-300? For a payment of 3300-3400 with healthcare! So retirees pension money is being taken out of one fund and put back into another? To make a surplus? Maybe your on to something? Why don't we take the difference from the old board retiree cost to the new one! Think you said it froze at 550? Believe Howie was 200-300! So let use 325.00 x 12=. Now add all retirees! What do you have? A surplus on the back of the non working members.

AcesUp804

Why don't you ask Bill B or Tony D what was their plan that they were going to give UPS to stop the medical from going to arbitration.

See if they tell the truth..... Because they had one and was going to tell all after the vote count....

Only thing is they lost so they left it for the new board to fix.... They abandoned the membership......

member6045

It hurts when you realize your used! Have you figured that out yet? Or still working on that! Talking points won't cut it here! I think you would be considered a lobbyist if this where washington! You sell your favorite item for a price! That price to you? Sylvester another term!

Inthegame

I got more, so keep me going so I can inform our membership!
Informing the membership abouts facts is a good thing. But twisting facts or making them up is the sign of fear. Tim and company raised the net assets (the best indicator of strength) by over $224K in their first year. In Howie's last two years the net assets lowered by $149K. Salaries are lower under this board, in many cases by $35-40K annually. In 2011, Local 804 employed 5 more employees than in Howie's last year and total salaries are still less. For the shrinking membership numbers, numbers that were shrinking under Howie, the treasury is fine. L 804 isn't close to bankruptcy.

Inthegame

So it's Howie fault that pension protection act came about? And caused our retirees to receive a payment of 3150.00 a month for w/healthcare? Because Howie had retirees paying something like 200-300? For a payment of 3300-3400 with healthcare! So retirees pension money is being taken out of one fund and put back into another? To make a surplus? Maybe your on to something? Why don't we take the difference from the old board retiree cost to the new one! Think you said it froze at 550? Believe Howie was 200-300! So let use 325.00 x 12=. Now add all retirees! What do you have? A surplus on the back of the non working members.
I don't see where anyone said the PPA was Howies fault. The facts are pretty clear if you're really interested in facts. Of course if your just playing politics facts won't get in your way.
Retiree healthcare is subsidized by the Health Fund. Retirees pay a portion of that cost and that portion wasn't enough to maintain reasonable reserves. Retirees have higher utilization rates than actives. Howie would have HAD to increase those costs if he won. That's the unpopular but necessary situation. Newsflash...H&W have gone through the roof the last decade and ALL plans are struggling, including UPS's. Talk to some management about what they pay.

Pensions have their own struggles and cherry picking plans for comparisons are seldom apples to apples. Early out (25,30 any age) service pensions costs beaucoup beans. Remember 2008 ate away nearly 25-30 % of the assets in many plans.

Sorry to interrupt your rants with reason, please continue to make Tim's road easier with inane comments.

AcesUp804

We can talk numbers until we are all blue in the face. What it comes down to is who the members of local 804 want to negotiate our next contract.

The members don't trust any one from the old board to negotiate our next contract.

Tim has the part timers behind him the election is over cry all you want. What has the old board ever did for the part timers? NOTHING

PLUS Tim and company, know how to run a campaign. Just ask Howie

Tony, Angelo, Billy, John and Steve were voted out 2 to 1. CRUSHED

Tony and Billy's slates will get a lot of votes BUT WILL STILL LOSE.............

MEMBERS UNITED 3 MORE YEARS LOL

Had enough

MEMBERS UNITED 3 MORE YEARS LOL
You are not kidding LOL I am still ROTFL:bigsmile2::bigsmile2:! You have 5 people on this site talking about how good your board is. Two or three of which is the mulit personality Vinny. Go out to the buildings and see and listen to the members. They hate the board......... I have news for you they are not to happy with Billy either. You can write what you want to make it sound good. Buts its not looking to good at all for the board in office now...... So get over yourselves. (Billy Too)!!!

Had enough

You are not kidding LOL I am still ROTFL:bigsmile2::bigsmile2:! You have 5 people on this site talking about how good your board is. Two or three of which is the mulit personality Vinny. Go out to the buildings and see and listen to the members. They hate the board......... I have news for you they are not to happy with Billy either. You can write what you want to make it sound good. Buts its not looking to good at all for the board in office now...... So get over yourselves. (Billy Too)!!!
Vinny get your multi personality off of the 804 Cafe. You really sound like an @$$ there too!

EyesLookingIn

And there are 4 people here that don't like the board so what does that even matter. I like how you started trashing Bill B saying people don't like him. Tony and Bill are the same washed up lairs that can not be trusted.

lookingatyou

Allowing the language in our supplement agreement to be changed that made it easy for ups to get rid of 500 air drivers also not protecting our clerks and carwash members that only get 4 1/2 when the company says there's not enough work

GREAT JOB THEY DID WITH THAT, THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE A THIRD CHANCE AT IT

The clerks do not have enough work and we all know it. They spend more time talking and attempting to find ways to stretch the job out than ever before. Its a comedy show. I really like the start of the job coffee b/s session that no management person seems to see or care about, how about the illegal DVD movie selling ( thats you Mark B & Baron D ) while on the clock. How about not even having 8 hours worth of work any given night ? How about the customer counter people slowing down the job and letting the line of customers build up and build up to make it seem like they are overworked ! Local management is so unaware of what is going on that then they have part time people pulled from their assignments to "help" them ( we know all about you Carl R ) How about someone looking for once. The company does what they want when they want and the so called union has no power ( OMS office people doing address corrections and no one even questions it ) ( people working out of classification ) The list goes on and on , I just want to do MY JOB and go home, these people make a lot more than I do and should do what they get paid to do. Oh, by the way the building is BRUSH AVE once again !

AcesUp804

The clerks do not have enough work and we all know it. They spend more time talking and attempting to find ways to stretch the job out than ever before. Its a comedy show. I really like the start of the job coffee b/s session that no management person seems to see or care about, how about the illegal DVD movie selling ( thats you Mark B & Baron D ) while on the clock. How about not even having 8 hours worth of work any given night ? How about the customer counter people slowing down the job and letting the line of customers build up and build up to make it seem like they are overworked ! Local management is so unaware of what is going on that then they have part time people pulled from their assignments to "help" them ( we know all about you Carl R ) How about someone looking for once. The company does what they want when they want and the so called union has no power ( OMS office people doing address corrections and no one even questions it ) ( people working out of classification ) The list goes on and on , I just want to do MY JOB and go home, these people make a lot more than I do and should do what they get paid to do. Oh, by the way the building is BRUSH AVE once again !

Please tell me you are backing members voice.

804brown

You say you want to "do your job and go home", yet you come on here when you went "home" and try to get your union brothers jammed up with this unsubstantiated hearsay!! What is wrong with you?? Go back under your rock!!

CRASH501

You say you want to "do your job and go home", yet you come on here when you went "home" and try to get your union brothers jammed up with this unsubstantiated hearsay!! What is wrong with you?? Go back under your rock!!
Union brothers, CARL R. IS A SC>>b@G P.O.S Who throws members at L.P. to save his own alcoholic ass! he's the 1 drinking at the customer counter, he's the 1 that attemted to have L.P. throw me out of the building, yes attempted.. he is a BALL LESS, SPINELESS SKULL! HIS OWN WIFE KNOWS HE'S A P.O.S. AS SHE CAUGHT HIM BANGING AN OMS YEARS BACK! I GOT YOUR NUMBER CARL! BE MAN ENOUGH TO SAY THINGS TO MY FACE WHEN YOU SEE ME! Boy the list and rant could go on and on with the humps in that building..... 2 shoppie's that throw their union brothers under a bus as often as they can....... looking @ why did you have to get me started?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Union brothers, CARL R. IS A SC>>b@G P.O.S Who throws members at L.P. to save his own alcoholic ass! he's the 1 drinking at the customer counter, he's the 1 that attemted to have L.P. throw me out of the building, yes attempted.. he is a BALL LESS, SPINELESS SKULL! HIS OWN WIFE KNOWS HE'S A P.O.S. AS SHE CAUGHT HIM BANGING AN OMS YEARS BACK! I GOT YOUR NUMBER CARL! BE MAN ENOUGH TO SAY THINGS TO MY FACE WHEN YOU SEE ME! Boy the list and rant could go on and on with the humps in that building..... 2 shoppie's that throw their union brothers under a bus as often as they can....... looking @ why did you have to get me started?
How are things going, Crash?

Hot off the press , World was III has started in the hall . Pete M. has told Tim once and for all the he belongs in the top spot this election and if not he is out and running his own slate. The hall is divided and taking sides seems most are siding with Pete . Tim's time is coming to an end. Hey Tony see what happens when you spit up in the air it comes back to get you . You and you little buddy that you are running with in foster went around and handed our all that stuff about Anthony C. with the last chance agreements . AND now you are mad about the stickers and fliers they the hall is putting out about you . Tony stop crying and man up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!