Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

804brown

taken from an arbitration award from 1998
In the Matter of the Arbitration Between TEAMSTERS UNITED PARCEL SERVICE NATIONAL NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE And UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. (AAA Case No. 13 300 1908 98 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 13 300 1908 98 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Buhlert, called as a witness by the Union, testified that he did not become the Business Agent until January 1998; that he had no discussions with Messina about the layoff of driver (Tr. 1087) and that the only discussions he had with Nassau Center managers was about their failure to put up layoff lists (Tr. 1092).

So Mr Truckinaround, who put MR B in as a Buisness agent in January of 1998? you say Redmond? I dont know about that, I believe Mr Carey called a strike in August of 1997 which was only five months prior to Bill B becoming a buisnees agent, So you tell me how it was howie who appointed him and not Ron Carey?

Actually, Ron was disqualified to run in the rematch against Hoffa in 1998 by IRB in early November 1997. By late November, he took a leave of absense from the Teamsters. When Ron left, Howie became president so that by Jan 1998, Howie would have been the one to appoint.

unityequalsstrength

Actually, Ron was disqualified to run in the rematch against Hoffa in 1998 by IRB in early November 1997. By late November, he took a leave of absense from the Teamsters. When Ron left, Howie became president so that by Jan 1998, Howie would have been the one to appoint.

Actually, Ron took a leave from the National, but continued to run the local, and Bill B ran on the Ron Carey ticket for the local 804 elections in 1998. Thats a fact! he was NOT appointed by howard redmond.

bigd

Did he say the job was reserved? I also agree seniority on ALL jobs. There are a few people now in jobs that should not have them but were given to them because of injury. The argument is, why should employee A get the job when employee B has the same injury or one that is worse. I would like to hear more to this story.
Mark Holmes simply bypassed the member with more seniority, and gave it to the member with less seniority just because the member supported them! Mark Holmes is also known by taking votes home of a shop stewards election and counting them by himself! Yes, Tim S was informed about this by the losing member, which it wasn't Mark's boy, and yes Tim didn't do anything about it! Ron Carey wouldnt have let this happen.

member6045

Since the subject seems to be history! Please defend the appointment of Pete bye RC! Then pete being thrown out bye RC and 282?

Last edited:

804 MOVING FORWARD

I have a Question. How come we(meaning most of us) at 804 were all willing to support sandy pope for General Presedent of the teamsters when she was willing to work with hall and everyone else on the Hoffa slate, you know, the guy who gives us these week concessionary national contracts? The contract that has all the bad technology language in it? Il tell you why, because the problem is at the top, thats why. You cant say that everyone on Redmonds slate are bad guys.. Some were, and some had to go. Just like the slate we have in there now. They are not all bad guys, but there is a huge problem at the top, (no pun intended). probably the top three in my opinion. Your being a little hypocritical dont you think? I mean didnt YOU support sandy pope? and didnt you support the fact that she was running without a full slate because she always said the problem with hoffas slate was with Hoffa? you accepeted that didnt you? so why do you blast everyone on the Redmond slate? i mean granted, some like Tony d had to go. But if the biggest problem you have with Bill B is him grabbing his junk at a gm meeting than come on, gimme a break. That heat of the moment action certainly does not disqualify him from being a succesful president of local 804.

I would agree with you to a point. hall did deliver weak concessionary contracts and would not be my choice as Small Parcel Director. However, Hall ran for the position of General Secretary-Treasurer and was elected to that position. In that position, I think it would have been in his best interest to work with Sandy. The position of Small Parcel Director is an appointed position, that appointment being made by the General President. I have no idea who Sandy whould have appointed to that position but I'm confident that it would have been someone a bit more qualified than hall! Remember....the one successful contract that was negotiated with hall serving in that position was negotiated with General President Ron Carey serving as lead negotiator. Kenny Boy simply took notes and tried to learn sitting next to the master. He apparently did not learn much!

truckinaround

taken from an arbitration award from 1998
In the Matter of the Arbitration Between TEAMSTERS UNITED PARCEL SERVICE NATIONAL NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE And UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. (AAA Case No. 13 300 1908 98 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 13 300 1908 98 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Buhlert, called as a witness by the Union, testified that he did not become the Business Agent until January 1998; that he had no discussions with Messina about the layoff of driver (Tr. 1087) and that the only discussions he had with Nassau Center managers was about their failure to put up layoff lists (Tr. 1092).

So Mr Truckinaround, who put MR B in as a Buisness agent in January of 1998? you say Redmond? I dont know about that, I believe Mr Carey called a strike in August of 1997 which was only five months prior to Bill B becoming a buisnees agent, So you tell me how it was howie who appointed him and not Ron Carey?
Get your facts straight. Ron was already at the international level and had one foot out the door. Bill and sam c came in with Howie request. But to be honest who cares if it was Ron or Howie. He still took advantage of all the traveling befits with his wife, I was around him for many years. Always tan from a 804 vacation. I also have been to vegas and saw how much he worked. He is a sneak and when you try to talk to him he just looked at you and smirked. He was always out of town and hung on howies coat tails. Him and Howie are still traveling together. I would not trust him at all. So you get your facts straight. Just remember this. You don't have to lie.. Everyone's dirty laundry comes out. You see Bill thought he got away with it for years. But guess what. Members see it for what it was.

How could you think it would be ok to grab your balls at a meeting. What president material could he be.

Had enough

Since the subject seems to be history! Please defend the appointment of Pete bye RC! Then pete being thrown out bye RC and 282?
Your are correct and what a mistake that was! But then again Dan himself would say he made a mistake backing the board. I guess we are human and make mistakes!

Ibt804Hammer

Your are correct and what a mistake that was! But then again Dan himself would say he made a mistake backing the board. I guess we are human and make mistakes!

Pete was a mistake for sure. Ask anyone from 282. they will tell you.Tony, A real leader not only criticizes mistakes but also acknowledges when there is right. You my friend have not shown that skill. Carry on

member6045

Are you aware that local 804 has become a TDU local!!
* they now maintain our website!
* conduct educational training? When!
* printing of material etc?
To the amount of over $26,000.00 last year?
That's wasteful!

Why are we wasting money like this! No way it should cost that much? Maybe we should look harder!

Had enough

I do have to add that TDU is one of your best fans. If you loose the Election there is no pay back.
With all do respect member your kind of a day late and a dollar short.... Are you running on billy's slate? Oh brother!

That has been our biggest beef on here for the past 2 1/2 years.

unityequalsstrength

Get your facts straight. Ron was already at the international level and had one foot out the door. Bill and sam c came in with Howie request. But to be honest who cares if it was Ron or Howie. He still took advantage of all the traveling befits with his wife, I was around him for many years. Always tan from a 804 vacation. I also have been to vegas and saw how much he worked. He is a sneak and when you try to talk to him he just looked at you and smirked. He was always out of town and hung on howies coat tails. Him and Howie are still traveling together. I would not trust him at all. So you get your facts straight. Just remember this. You don't have to lie.. Everyone's dirty laundry comes out. You see Bill thought he got away with it for years. But guess what. Members see it for what it was.

How could you think it would be ok to grab your balls at a meeting. What president material could he be.

Fact is, you said Howie appointed Bill B. Thats a lie. period. Bill was appointed and ran on Ron Careys slate with Samy C. With Ron Carey as the president of local 804. So you get your facts straight. Secondly, you accuse him of all these vacations with his wife, so what. Doesnt every married man go on Vacation with is wife? what the hell are you saying? And how do you know what and where he went with his wife? Did you live with him? Or maybe this is Tony D with his second profile? You sound just like "had enough Tony". You talk about Bill Grabbing his junk at a gm meating? How about Tony D not showing up for one arbitration for anyone fired under his watch? Let me here the excuse for that? Lets Hear the excuse as to why Liam R the steward from Maspeth lost his Job for production, thats right, a precedent setting award by an arbitrator who ruled that ups has the right to dicipline its drivers for not maintaing sporh. Come on Tony explain that, explain how that qualifies you as a better president for this local that represents members who work for a company that now can be fired for not maintaing sporh. The biggest thing you have on Bill B is him grabbing his junk and going on vacation with his wife..lol Look in the mirror tony, Ived said it once, i'll say it again. Hang it up, your done!

truckinaround

Fact is, you said Howie appointed Bill B. Thats a lie. period. Bill was appointed and ran on Ron Careys slate with Samy C. With Ron Carey as the president of local 804. So you get your facts straight. Secondly, you accuse him of all these vacations with his wife, so what. Doesnt every married man go on Vacation with is wife? what the hell are you saying? And how do you know what and where he went with his wife? Did you live with him? Or maybe this is Tony D with his second profile? You sound just like "had enough Tony". You talk about Bill Grabbing his junk at a gm meating? How about Tony D not showing up for one arbitration for anyone fired under his watch? Let me here the excuse for that? Lets Hear the excuse as to why Liam R the steward from Maspeth lost his Job for production, thats right, a precedent setting award by an arbitrator who ruled that ups has the right to dicipline its drivers for not maintaing sporh. Come on Tony explain that, explain how that qualifies you as a better president for this local that represents members who work for a company that now can be fired for not maintaing sporh. The biggest thing you have on Bill B is him grabbing his junk and going on vacation with his wife..lol Look in the mirror tony, Ived said it once, i'll say it again. Hang it up, your done!
Before you attack Tony, let me tell you Tony has always spoken highly of Bill. Still does. I think Bill is a snake. He can go on all the vacations he wants but not on 804's money. He was never around when you needed him. He has no signs of leadership at all. He was one of howie's ball washer. I have my opinion about Bill. A leader does not grab his balls at a general membership meeting. Ron Carey did not appoint Bill.
You really are a tough guy. Do you need to show Strength Unity?

Had enough

Fact is, you said Howie appointed Bill B. Thats a lie. period. Bill was appointed and ran on Ron Careys slate with Samy C. With Ron Carey as the president of local 804. So you get your facts straight. Secondly, you accuse him of all these vacations with his wife, so what. Doesnt every married man go on Vacation with is wife? what the hell are you saying? And how do you know what and where he went with his wife? Did you live with him? Or maybe this is Tony D with his second profile? You sound just like "had enough Tony". You talk about Bill Grabbing his junk at a gm meating? How about Tony D not showing up for one arbitration for anyone fired under his watch? Let me here the excuse for that? Lets Hear the excuse as to why Liam R the steward from Maspeth lost his Job for production, thats right, a precedent setting award by an arbitrator who ruled that ups has the right to dicipline its drivers for not maintaing sporh. Come on Tony explain that, explain how that qualifies you as a better president for this local that represents members who work for a company that now can be fired for not maintaing sporh. The biggest thing you have on Bill B is him grabbing his junk and going on vacation with his wife..lol Look in the mirror tony, Ived said it once, i'll say it again. Hang it up, your done![/QUOTE. I think it's funny Bill grabbed his junk. But I don't think Tony is done!

unityequalsstrength

Before you attack Tony, let me tell you Tony has always spoken highly of Bill. Still does. I think Bill is a snake. He can go on all the vacations he wants but not on 804's money. He was never around when you needed him. He has no signs of leadership at all. He was one of howie's ball washer. I have my opinion about Bill. A leader does not grab his balls at a general membership meeting. Ron Carey did not appoint Bill.
You really are a tough guy. Do you need to show Strength Unity?

First off, You accuse him on going on vacation with his wife on 804's money, Thats a strong accusation that im sure you have proof of right? secondly, You didnt answer one single question or statement I made about Tony in my comment above....Why? Just answer it, lets all hear it. Third, Ron Carey Did appoint Bill B, your full of Shi. on that one. Thats a fact, go ask bill yourself, or just go look up the 804 elections that year and see who was on Ron caryes slate, its not that difficult to come up with it. Tony wouldnt know, He wasnt asked by Ron to run on his slate, I dont claim to know why he wasnt, but I do know that Tony Ran as an indipendant and did infact beat out Sammy C, fair and square I guess. Fourth, I dont claim to be a tough guy, I say it like it is, If you dont like what I say, than dont respond. However, I am still waiting on an answer on why Tony D hasnt shown up for one arbitration for anyone fired under his watch, or how he allowed his shop steward Liam R to be terminated for not maintaining his sporh. Do you have an answer or not? stop dancing around the question.

Had enough

I dont know, Ive never heard that before, But does anyone know if Tony D still hangs out with his good pal Joe Remo? you know Joe right? the Division manager from nassau who fired about 13 drivers last year? yea, that joe, Tonys buddy
13 drivers got fired last year under this current board and your talking about Joe being Tony's friend? 13 drivers are out of a job and that's your complaint? Am I missing something here? What about the poor 13 drivers who lost their job under this current board? Please don't tell me your running on the slate too!!!!!! :rofl:

truckinaround

First off, You accuse him on going on vacation with his wife on 804's money, Thats a strong accusation that im sure you have proof of right? secondly, You didnt answer one single question or statement I made about Tony in my comment above....Why? Just answer it, lets all hear it. Third, Ron Carey Did appoint Bill B, your full of Shi. on that one. Thats a fact, go ask bill yourself, or just go look up the 804 elections that year and see who was on Ron caryes slate, its not that difficult to come up with it. Tony wouldnt know, He wasnt asked by Ron to run on his slate, I dont claim to know why he wasnt, but I do know that Tony Ran as an indipendant and did infact beat out Sammy C, fair and square I guess. Fourth, I dont claim to be a tough guy, I say it like it is, If you dont like what I say, than dont respond. However, I am still waiting on an answer on why Tony D hasnt shown up for one arbitration for anyone fired under his watch, or how he allowed his shop steward Liam R to be terminated for not maintaining his sporh. Do you have an answer or not? stop dancing around the question.
I don't know why don't you ask Tony yourself.