Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

unityequalsstrength

13 drivers got fired last year under this current board and your talking about Joe being Tony's friend? 13 drivers are out of a job and that's your complaint? Am I missing something here? What about the poor 13 drivers who lost their job under this current board? Please don't tell me your running on the slate too!!!!!! :rofl:
Your absolutely right, Make no mistake about it, they were fired under this current board, they are all out of jobs, its discusting, its tragic for them and their familys, and your right, they shouldnt be on the street, and im not blaming Tony d for it at all. Its Definitly between the current board and Joe Remo from nassau. I just wanted to know if Tony Still hangs out with joe as they were good friends thats all. You see, Your partner trucking accused Bill of going on a boat with Jim ****, the old nassau DM, And I never heard that rumor before, and I found it a bit Ironic that he would make a stupid statement like that considiring he should know that Tony D is very close with Joe Remom or thats what I heard anyway. Am I wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

804brown

Fact is, you said Howie appointed Bill B. Thats a lie. period. Bill was appointed and ran on Ron Careys slate with Samy C. With Ron Carey as the president of local 804. So you get your facts straight. Secondly, you accuse him of all these vacations with his wife, so what. Doesnt every married man go on Vacation with is wife? what the hell are you saying? And how do you know what and where he went with his wife? Did you live with him? Or maybe this is Tony D with his second profile? You sound just like "had enough Tony". You talk about Bill Grabbing his junk at a gm meating? How about Tony D not showing up for one arbitration for anyone fired under his watch? Let me here the excuse for that? Lets Hear the excuse as to why Liam R the steward from Maspeth lost his Job for production, thats right, a precedent setting award by an arbitrator who ruled that ups has the right to dicipline its drivers for not maintaing sporh. Come on Tony explain that, explain how that qualifies you as a better president for this local that represents members who work for a company that now can be fired for not maintaing sporh. The biggest thing you have on Bill B is him grabbing his junk and going on vacation with his wife..lol Look in the mirror tony, Ived said it once, i'll say it again. Hang it up, your done!

You are right. Tha arb did say as of jan 1998 Buhlert was a BA which means that Bill ran on Carey's slate in nov 1997. As for Carey picking Buhlert Im not so sure. At the time Carey was in Washington and Pat Pagnella was running the Local.
As for the episode at our General Membership meeting in which Buhlert grabbed his crotch, I do think it was very undignified. Does it disqualify him from running?? No. His participation as VP under Redmond all those years should disqualify him. He can try to distance himself from Redmond and Donato as much as he wants but he cannot run from his record which he SHARES with them. There is no proof he ever dissented from what went on all those years. He was a good little soldier who did what he was told. He is just as complicit in guiding our once strong union under Ron Carey into the laughing stock they left it. Our local was once admired for strong and intelligent leadership under Carey. After 10 years without Carey leading them, Redmond, Buhlert and Donato did not have the ability to keep us strong. It took some time for us to wake up to that fact. By 2009, we "had enough" and now they are gone. But the zombies want their old jobs back. Incredible. They werent very good as BAs or Trustees or VPs but they think they RUN our local?? The audacity of dopes!!

Had enough

Your absolutely right, Make no mistake about it, they were fired under this current board, they are all out of jobs, its discusting, its tragic for them and their familys, and your right, they shouldnt be on the street, and im not blaming Tony d for it at all. Its Definitly between the current board and Joe Remo from nassau. I just wanted to know if Tony Still hangs out with joe as they were good friends thats all. You see, Your partner trucking accused Bill of going on a boat with Jim Kurk, the old nassau DM, And I never heard that rumor before, and I found it a bit Ironic that he would make a stupid statement like that considiring he should know that Tony D is very close with Joe Remom or thats what I heard anyway. Am I wrong?
Ask Tony yourself or better yet ask Joe! It's sounds to me trucking is a supporter of the members voice for sure, but I don't know him. Or maybe her right? The only one I know is aces, everyone here knows aces!

And with all due respect. I don't want to know you!

truckinaround

You are right. Tha arb did say as of jan 1998 Buhlert was a BA which means that Bill ran on Carey's slate in nov 1997. As for Carey picking Buhlert Im not so sure. At the time Carey was in Washington and Pat Pagnella was running the Local.
As for the episode at our General Membership meeting in which Buhlert grabbed his crotch, I do think it was very undignified. Does it disqualify him from running?? No. His participation as VP under Redmond all those years should disqualify him. He can try to distance himself from Redmond and Donato as much as he wants but he cannot run from his record which he SHARES with them. There is no proof he ever dissented from what went on all those years. He was a good little soldier who did what he was told. He is just as complicit in guiding our once strong union under Ron Carey into the laughing stock they left it. Our local was once admired for strong and intelligent leadership under Carey. After 10 years without Carey leading them, Redmond, Buhlert and Donato did not have the ability to keep us strong. It took some time for us to wake up to that fact. By 2009, we "had enough" and now they are gone. But the zombies want their old jobs back. Incredible. They werent very good as BAs or Trustees or VPs but they think they RUN our local?? The audacity of dopes!!
Carey did not pick Bill and Bill followed howie like a puppet.

804brown

Does anyone know if Bill still fishes with Jim k.?

Yes, of course they do. And Reimo is the captain and Donato is his little buddy Gilligan!! A real foursome on the SS Sellout!! LOL. To the members that might be considering voting for either of these two disgraced, former board members: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS!! THINK!!

Had enough

Yes, of course they do. And Reimo is the captain and Donato is his little buddy Gilligan!! A real foursome. LOL. To the members that might be considering voting for either of these two disgraced, former board members: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS!! THINK!!
Hey browie what do I tell you all the time. Open your eyes and listen with your ears!

Time will only tell!

unityequalsstrength

like ive said in other posts that you havent yet responded to. Howie Redmonds time was up, He had to go, no doubt about it. Just like Tim, Jim, and Petes time is up.Tim and Pete have Zero negotiating skills, they do not know how to deal with a company like UPS. And i dont want to here about the contracts they negotiated in shops that have 20 employees, its no comparison to 7000 upsers. Petes idea of negotiating is to walk into nassau bld and scream yell and curse and than leave. Than after he leaves ups says, you know what, watch this, than bam, they fire 3 guys in one week. Jim R, I honestly dont know what he does other than sit at a desk all day and look at the check book to see how much money is in the general fund. Tim, he doesnt negotiate period, his claim to fame is our medical that has i dont know, 10 million in reserves? yea thats great, ten million in reserves while i have $3000 in debt on my medical bills. Heres a lesson on reserves. Reserves are used for unions who do mass layoffs for months at a time. Than those reserves are used to buy medical insurance for the layed off employees and to pay there medical bills. Well guess what? ups doesnt lay off a mass amount of employees for any period of time. They may do day to day layoffs here and there, but nothing substantial. I really dont care how much they put in the reserves if my medical bills arent getting paid. Id rather they have $10.00 in reserves as long as every member of this local had there bills taken care of. Why dont you send out a servey of all the full timers to see who has outstanding medical bills unpaid? I would love for you to do that. We basically have no medical, but hey, we have ten mil in reserves right? Gee, thats great. Thats called inexperiance, maybee you dont have kids, but i have a few, and i have a sick child, and my bills are astronomical, and you know what Tom L says everytime I call and ask him why a bill wasnt paid? he says " sorry thats not a covered procedure under our plan for that hospital. I guess next time my kid cant breath il tell her to hold on a little longer while I look for a hospital that 804 will pay the bill for

Last edited:

bigd

13 drivers got fired last year under this current board and your talking about Joe being Tony's friend? 13 drivers are out of a job and that's your complaint? Am I missing something here? What about the poor 13 drivers who lost their job under this current board? Please don't tell me your running on the slate too!!!!!! :rofl:

Yeah Pete M. IS Joe R**** bitch! I hear we're still losing drivers in Nassau under Pete M. and Mark H**** leadership. I wonder what Tim did with the FAT RAT?! Yeah, I think that could work now!

804brown

like ive said in other posts that you havent yet responded to. Howie Redmonds time was up, He had to go, no doubt about it. Just like Tim, Jim, and Petes time is up.Tim and Pete have Zero negotiating skills, they do not know how to deal with a company like UPS. And i dont want to here about the contracts they negotiated in shops that have 20 employees, its no comparison to 7000 upsers. Petes idea of negotiating is to walk into nassau bld and scream yell and curse and than leave. Than after he leaves ups says, you know what, whatch this, than bam, they fire 3 guys in one week. Jim R, I honestly dont know what he does other than sit at a desk all day and look at the check book to see how much money is in the general fund. Tim, he doesnt negotiate period, his claim to fame is our medical that has i dont know, 10 million in reserves? yea thats great, ten million in reserves while i have $3000 in debt on my medical bills.
What world do you live in. Redmond wasnt the ENTIRE slate. Stop the Blame-It-All-On-Redmond campaign. Everyone of those old board members is complicit in what went on. You are right "Redmond's time was up" but so was Buhlert's and Donato's and lets not forget Guarella and Nemeth too. That TEAM failed us time after time. That Team turned its back on Carey, backed Hoffa, negotiated and endorsed concessionary contracts while UPS netted BILLIONS, froze our pension for a decade, bled our Health Fund dry, etc.
As for Tim and Jim and Pete, well to me alot rides on what kind of contract they negotiate in our Supplemental and how they react to what Hoffa/Hall pushes on us. ( I have no doubt they will win in Nov . As long as former board members are running, the opposition has no chance). If they fail on both, 2015 is gonna be an interesting year!!

unityequalsstrength

Ask Tony yourself or better yet ask Joe! It's sounds to me trucking is a supporter of the members voice for sure, but I don't know him. Or maybe her right? The only one I know is aces, everyone here knows aces!

And with all due respect. I don't want to know you!
lol, come on Tony, there isnt a person on this sight that doesnt know that Had enough is Tony. lol are you serious?

unityequalsstrength

What world do you live in. Redmond wasnt the ENTIRE slate. Stop the Blame-It-All-On-Redmond campaign. Everyone of those old board members is complicit in what went on. You are right "Redmond's time was up" but so was Buhlert's and Donato's and lets not forget Guarella and Nemeth too. That TEAM failed us time after time. That Team turned its back on Carey, backed Hoffa, negotiated and endorsed concessionary contracts while UPS netted BILLIONS, froze our pension for a decade, bled our Health Fund dry, etc.
As for Tim and Jim and Pete, well to me alot rides on what kind of contract they negotiate in our Supplemental and how they react to what Hoffa/Hall pushes on us. ( I have no doubt they will win in Nov . As long as former board members are running, the opposition has no chance). If they fail on both, 2015 is gonna be an interesting year!!

I guess we will just have to agree to dissagree. However, you make an interesting point on the team that so called "backed Hoffa", Im just curious what you think this local is now going to gain by Tim and company turning their back on Hoffa, How do you think that is going to help this local come negotiations? you think Hoffa is going to do anything for a local that completly shunned him? Like it or not, Hoffa is the general president of the teamsters, how does turning your back on him help us? edjucate me please?

unityequalsstrength

one more question, How come Sandy pope can use the "blame it on hoffa campaign" but I cant blame Howie Redmond? Im not getting the double standard, Ive asked you before how it is that you accepted the fact that Sandy was running with the entire Hoffa slate and you had nothing bad to say about that. Whats the differance here?

Inthegame

I guess we will just have to agree to dissagree. However, you make an interesting point on the team that so called "backed Hoffa", Im just curious what you think this local is now going to gain by Tim and company turning their back on Hoffa, How do you think that is going to help this local come negotiations? you think Hoffa is going to do anything for a local that completly shunned him? Like it or not, Hoffa is the general president of the teamsters, how does turning your back on him help us? edjucate me please?
It doesn't. But hall will want support from L804 in a few years and he's the one to please now. Hall will need support to keep the charging Coli at bay. Tim and Hall get along.

bigd

I have one question for you, where was Tim smile***** for all those years when RC was still around?
Y'all are saying the RC Picked Bill buddy* and Pete M. ok!? Now, if Tim S's leadership is so good to you, why didn't RC pick him?
Can anyone answer me?!

(SMR) Sylvester, Mastrandrea and Reynolds. My god!... 32 months in, I truly didn't expect it to get this bad! We have 500 less members than when they took over, and don't ask me to prove it! Just look at the 2009LM-2 and 2011LM-2, at this rate our pension fund isn't gonna get out of the red zone!

AND YOU STILL WANT TO FOCUS AND DEMONIZE MEMBERS WHO ARE NOT IN CHARGE!

804brown

Well like you say we will have to see. But what I can say is that the old way of kissing Jimmy's ***** and Redmond actually on the Intl Negotiating Committee got us NOTHING!! All those close connections to Hoffa , all those donations to his campaign got us the last two contracts. In reality it got Row A unelected!! Remember Tim and his guys not only took on Redmond but they took on Hoffa in 2007 when they started their campaign to turn down the contract. I think that is why so many people admired Tim at the time. He and Jim and Pete and Neil and Liam all stood up, THEY STOOD UP, and spoke for all of us by saying we were not accepting the givebacks!! Now they have real power to warn Hoffa (like Howie should have done) that if he sends us another sellout contract, the entire E/B will not endorse it and they will fight with the rank and file to reject it!! That is leadership. I might be a bit premature here but I hope Im right.

unityequalsstrength

It doesn't. But hall will want support from L804 in a few years and he's the one to please now. Hall will need support to keep the charging Coli at bay. Tim and Hall get along.

I dont know what tims relationship is with hall, so im not going to comment on it, however, as of now, Hoffa is the President, make no mistake about it, im not a fan of hoffa, I think he gave us a ****ty contract, But when you run a local, there unfortunatly are politics involved, and you just cant turn your back on the general president when he has the backing of 95% of the other locals in the country. It doesnt help us. Tim wants everyone to think that he wont recommend a sub standard contract, and thats great. He wants you to think that he will hold up the entire country untill we get what we want. And that all sounds great, however, what he doesnt tell you is that even after the membership votes down a supplemental contract, Mr Hoffa has the authority being the General president to over rule our vote and pass the contract. If you think im wrong than ask Tim yourself if thats possible. Now you tell me, do you think hoffa is going to do anything to help out a local who blatantly turned there back on him? we are just one local, we are nothing without the rest of the country, and guess what? the rest of the country loves hoffa, i dont know why, but look at the numbers, they love the guy. They get screwed and they still love him, i cant figure it out.

804brown

one more question, How come Sandy pope can use the "blame it on hoffa campaign" but I cant blame Howie Redmond? Im not getting the double standard, Ive asked you before how it is that you accepted the fact that Sandy was running with the entire Hoffa slate and you had nothing bad to say about that. Whats the differance here?
I love Sandy but I thought her strategy was flawed. I backed her 100% but running alone wasnt very effective. Yes, she thought she could just replace Hoffa at the top and work with his underlings. I didnt answer because someone else gave a pretty good answer to your question. Poster said that Sandy would be able to appoint a new Package Division leader.