Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

unityequalsstrength

Well like you say we will have to see. But what I can say is that the old way of kissing Jimmy's ***** and Redmond actually on the Intl Negotiating Committee got us NOTHING!! All those close connections to Hoffa , all those donations to his campaign got us the last two contracts. In reality it got Row A unelected!! Remember Tim and his guys not only took on Redmond but they took on Hoffa in 2007 when they started their campaign to turn down the contract. I think that is why so many people admired Tim at the time. He and Jim and Pete and Neil and Liam all stood up, THEY STOOD UP, and spoke for all of us by saying we were not accepting the givebacks!! Now they have real power to warn Hoffa (like Howie should have done) that if he sends us another sellout contract, the entire E/B will not endorse it and they will fight with the rank and file to reject it!! That is leadership. I might be a bit premature here but I hope Im right.

Like I said in another post, they can ask us to reject a contract all they want, but after two votes, and two rejections, the general president has the power to pass the supplemental contract, And why in the world would hoffa let us hold up the entire country? why would he let 804, the local who turned their back on him, the local that pushed for sandy pope, the local that went by the slogan " its time to dump hoffa" Do you honestly believe that hoffa will let us hold up the country? not a chance in hell

804brown

I have one question for you, where was Tim S for all those years when RC was still around?
Y'all are saying the RC Picked Bill Buhlert and Pete M. ok!? Now, if Tim S's leadership is so good to you, why didn't RC pick him?
Can anyone answer me?!

!

Ron took Tim with him to Washington as an Intl Organizer. He travelled the country working to organize Overnite.

804brown

Like I said in another post, they can ask us to reject a contract all they want, but after two votes, and two rejections, the general president has the power to pass the supplemental contract, And why in the world would hoffa let us hold up the entire country? why would he let 804, the local who turned their back on him, the local that pushed for sandy pope, the local that went by the slogan " its time to dump hoffa" Do you honestly believe that hoffa will let us hold up the country? not a chance in hell
You are right after 2 rejections he CAN override us but WE will not be alone!! If you go onto other threads on Browncafe you will see the rank and file throughout this enitre Intl are not happy . Local 804 is not an outlier here. We are leading the vanguard to push Hoffa to do better and give us what we deserve. Granted lots of local e/bs will back a Hoffa contract but the rank and file will not accept another weak contract!!

Inthegame

I dont know what tims relationship is with hall, so im not going to comment on it, however, as of now, Hoffa is the President, make no mistake about it, im not a fan of hoffa, I think he gave us a ****ty contract, But when you run a local, there unfortunatly are politics involved, and you just cant turn your back on the general president when he has the backing of 95% of the other locals in the country. It doesnt help us. Tim wants everyone to think that he wont recommend a sub standard contract, and thats great. He wants you to think that he will hold up the entire country untill we get what we want. And that all sounds great, however, what he doesnt tell you is that even after the membership votes down a supplemental contract, Mr Hoffa has the authority being the General president to over rule our vote and pass the contract. If you think im wrong than ask Tim yourself if thats possible. Now you tell me, do you think hoffa is going to do anything to help out a local who blatantly turned there back on him? we are just one local, we are nothing without the rest of the country, and guess what? the rest of the country loves hoffa, i dont know why, but look at the numbers, they love the guy. They get screwed and they still love him, i cant figure it out.

I won't disagree with much of what you wrote except 95% of Teamsters don't support Hoffa. If Sandy and Gegare(Tony's guy) would have joined forces, I believe more members would have voted and who knows??? As it was, too many members lost interest feeling like it was a lost cause.
Tim or whoever is in L804 will get a fair shake. Lots of big players would love L804 support. Piss off the members with a forced contract and that's gone.

unityequalsstrength

You are right after 2 rejections he CAN override us but WE will not be alone!! If you go onto other threads on Browncafe you will see the rank and file throughout this enitre Intl are not happy . Local 804 is not an outlier here. We are leading the vanguard to push Hoffa to do better and give us what we deserve. Granted lots of local e/bs will back a Hoffa contract but the rank and file will not accept another weak contract!!

Im not understanding how you can make a statement that the rank and file throughout this entire intl are not happy. Have you seen the numbers from the election of only 8 months ago? it seems to me that the rank and file throughout this country love Jimmy Hoffa. all you have to do is look at the numbers brown. Dont believe everything you read on every brown cafe thread. The numbers dont lie. He won this election by a huge margin. To say the country isnt happy with him is not an accurate statement. I will agree that we at 804 arent happy with him. But you can look at the numbers online. The rest of the country loves him, you can not deny that

unityequalsstrength

I won't disagree with much of what you wrote except 95% of Teamsters don't support Hoffa. If Sandy and Gegare(Tony's guy) would have joined forces, I believe more members would have voted and who knows??? As it was, too many members lost interest feeling like it was a lost cause.
Tim or whoever is in L804 will get a fair shake. Lots of big players would love L804 support. Piss off the members with a forced contract and that's gone.
How many times does he have to push a bad contract to piss us off? If the last one wasnt bad enough whats everyone waiting for? and I dont believe there were any less voters this election than in the last general election. Historically only 200000 out of 1 million teamsters vote in any general president election. Im not sure of the exact number, but its somewhere around 200000. and this one wasnt any less

804brown

Im not understanding how you can make a statement that the rank and file throughout this entire intl are not happy. Have you seen the numbers from the election of only 8 months ago? it seems to me that the rank and file throughout this country love Jimmy Hoffa. all you have to do is look at the numbers brown. Dont believe everything you read on every brown cafe thread. The numbers dont lie. He won this election by a huge margin. To say the country isnt happy with him is not an accurate statement. I will agree that we at 804 arent happy with him. But you can look at the numbers online. The rest of the country loves him, you can not deny that

Not really. His numbers were down from 2006. SO he lost some votes. Plus 70% of members didnt vote anyway . So in reality he has what 55% of the 30% who voted. Thats no mandate!! And the members dont "love" Hoffa. You probably know this but in numerous locals it is the E/Bs who DICTATE to their members who to vote for. Its a combination of ignorance on the one hand and apathy on the other. Like someone wrote earlier if Pope and Gegare would have combined forces, it might have been a real race. No, no one is happy with Hoffa. They voted against Sandy because they felt she was running alone and had no real shot and they voted against Gegare because he was complicit in messing up Central States. Not many people voted FOR Hoffa.

unityequalsstrength

Not really. His numbers were down from 2006. SO he lost some votes. Plus 70% of members didnt vote anyway . So in reality he has what 55% of the 30% who voted. Thats no mandate!! And the members dont "love" Hoffa. You probably know this but in numerous locals it is the E/Bs who DICTATE to their members who to vote for. Its a combination of ignorance on the one hand and apathy on the other. Like someone wrote earlier if Pope and Gegare would have combined forces, it might have been a real race. No, no one is happy with Hoffa. They voted against Sandy because they felt she was running alone and had no real shot and they voted against Gegare because he was complicit in messing up Central States. Not many people voted FOR Hoffa.
getting people to vote has always been a challenge. 200000 voters out of over 1 million members is rediculous.

804brown

Are you aware that local 804 has become a TDU local!!
* they now maintain our website!
* conduct educational training? When!
* printing of material etc?
To the amount of over $26,000.00 last year?
That's wasteful!

Why are we wasting money like this! No way it should cost that much? Maybe we should look harder!

I have no problem with an organization called Teamsters for a Democratic Union. Ask most people about if they like the Convoy and they will say yes!! As for the organization itself I am a big supporter. I have been a member for years. It gives helpful and useful information when the Intl blacks out important info. Tell me why are you so afraid of TDU!! So, they maintain our union's website. Someone has to. Id rather they do it them some untrustworthy group. Printing material like the union's newsletters?? Again, so what. You write as though there is some conspiracy here. When tim and co ran in 2009, it was KNOWN that they were close to TDU. So was Ron Carey. You say the money is wasteful but so was $150k a year salaries and matching 401ks. Go look back to the past administration and look what they paid for printing,etc. Get back to me when you get a clue!!

member6045

Come Dave? Your a member of TDU! But not of member of 804! Not dues paying right! As for that kind of money to run a website? I didn't know we accept visa and MasterCard for the bs the website puts out like VICTORY!! To run a simple site as this should cost more than $300.00 a month! As for the news letters you send out Dave! How many is that 6 a year? The stuff is more like fox news! Propaganda! Lies etc!! As for the 150k salaries? Not an issue to me if you earn it bye protecting the members! Now for our current board salaries of 115k wow that's cheap! We have drivers making that! Does There salary include vacations??? My salary does! So why is there an extra $106,000.00 in accrued vacations for our board? I'm glad there making $150,000.00 plus! Just don't LIE about it ! You no good pencil pushing! You have NEVER carried a box in your life! Keep ghost writing!

bigd

I have no problem with an organization called Teamsters for a Democratic Union. Ask most people about if they like the Convoy and they will say yes!! As for the organization itself I am a big supporter. I have been a member for years. It gives helpful and useful information when the Intl blacks out important info. Tell me why are you so afraid of TDU!! So, they maintain our union's website. Someone has to. Id rather they do it them some untrustworthy group. Printing material like the union's newsletters?? Again, so what. You write as though there is some conspiracy here. When tim and co ran in 2009, it was KNOWN that they were close to TDU. So was Ron Carey. You say the money is wasteful but so was $150k a year salaries and matching 401ks. Go look back to the past administration and look what they paid for printing,etc. Get back to me when you get a clue!!

So tell us Dave how much is our union pays you to run their propaganda in this forum? Like everything else with this E/B they are more worried about their own ass than the members! And using technicalities in order to hide the facts!

YOU ARE NOT EVEN ONE OF US!

bigd

So tell us Dave how much is our union pays you to run their propaganda in this forum? Like everything else with this E/B they are more worried about their own ass than the members! And using technicalities in order to hide the facts!

bigd

Are you aware that local 804 has become a TDU local!!
* they now maintain our website!
* conduct educational training? When!
* printing of material etc?
To the amount of over $26,000.00 last year?
That's wasteful!

Why are we wasting money like this! No way it should cost that much? Maybe we should look harder!

804brown

Come Dave? Your a member of TDU! But not of member of 804! Not dues paying right! As for that kind of money to run a website? I didn't know we accept visa and MasterCard for the bs the website puts out like VICTORY!! To run a simple site as this should cost more than $300.00 a month! As for the news letters you send out Dave! How many is that 6 a year? The stuff is more like fox news! Propaganda! Lies etc!! As for the 150k salaries? Not an issue to me if you earn it bye protecting the members! Now for our current board salaries of 115k wow that's cheap! We have drivers making that! Does There salary include vacations??? My salary does! So why is there an extra $106,000.00 in accrued vacations for our board? I'm glad there making $150,000.00 plus! Just don't LIE about it ! You no good pencil pushing! You have NEVER carried a box in your life! Keep ghost writing!

LOL, my name is not Dave. But I am both a driver in Local 804 AND a member of TDU. Presently paying $80/month. Now what Einsten!!

member6045

Answer the question Romney! Prove that your proud EB doesn't hide money! Come on Mitt! And to refresh your memory it's the SALARIES! Better yet just explain 2011 LM-2 schedule 10 vacations! Tell me that's not income the board should be reporting! Ron Carey on used TDU for votes! He knew you guys where brainless!

[ I'm on this issue until you explain it completely and clearly for our members to see?] Hi! Put it up on the website that we pay a butt load of cash for?

Last edited:

804brown

Answer the question Romney! Prove that your proud EB doesn't hide money! Come on Mitt! And to refresh your memory it's the SALARIES! Better yet just explain 2011 LM-2 schedule 10 vacations! Tell me that's not income the board should be reporting! Ron Carey on used TDU for votes! He knew you guys where brainless!

[ I'm on this issue until you explain it completely and clearly for our members to see?] Hi! Put it up on the website that we pay a butt load of cash for?

Im Vinny, Im a board member, Im "Dave" and now Im Romney?? No thanks!! Im not a board member so I dont know about vacation accruels. I do know that some E/B members do not take all their earned vacation time. I think they can role it over into the next year. They are not required to take their vacation like we are. I do remember when the old board members left office alot of them had accrued vacation time paid out. I think Medina had like $25,000 worth. Not sure what Tim's policy is on vacations. Go to a union meeting and ask them yourself!!

On Ron Carey, what would make you say he "used TDU for votes"?? He used to attend TDU Conventions in Chicago and Detroit. He worked WITH TDU members to reform the Teamsters Union and rid it of corruption even before his election. He even hired TDU staff during the 1997 contract campaign. As for being "brainless" you are the one backing Donato!! LOL

bigd

Im Vinny, Im a board member, Im "Dave" and now Im Romney?? No thanks!! Im not a board member so I dont know about vacation accruels. I do know that some E/B members do not take all their earned vacation time. I think they can role it over into the next year. They are not required to take their vacation like we are. I do remember when the old board members left office alot of them had accrued vacation time paid out. I think Medina had like $25,000 worth. Not sure what Tim's policy is on vacations. Go to a union meeting and ask them yourself!!

On Ron Carey, what would make you say he "used TDU for votes"?? He used to attend TDU Conventions in Chicago and Detroit. He worked WITH TDU members to reform the Teamsters Union and rid it of corruption even before his election. He even hired TDU staff during the 1997 contract campaign. As for being "brainless" you are the one backing Donato!! LOL

Talking about vacations does Mark Holmes has any vacations left? That guy has been MIA for months! That is more than whatever 25k you are talking about. Once again Tim S didn't do anything about that!