Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

AcesUp804

Re: hometeam

I know Frank and
Mema for the person who is writing this crap Frank and Mema are no sell outs they are two guy's that actually fight hard for the members and if u don't believe it ask the members at foster ps the Bill b slate is the best slate running they Will bring back local804 as the greatest local

Mema is a good steward never said he wasn't but he has been complaining about the last 2 contracts and the pension not going up in 14 years what now Billy gets a pass? Come on Dave you cant be that stupid Bill was the VP or you think we are stupid.

As for that little midget back stabbing coffee pots Frankie, please he is the steward for 25 guys and only 13 like him. He lied and told everyone he would not run on a slate but Frankie is for Frankie why did you think he and Tony D were good buddies.

Please the Billy B slate is a joke the only reason there running is to stick it to Tony.

hometeam

hometeam

E/b they are doing so well that Dave o got two Stewarts fired! Plus about 60 drivers suspended!! How much did it cost the union to pay their salaries???804Brown wake up !! Members are getting fired! If this keeps up their will be no members left!!!!!

804brown

Ace ment to put 804 Brown : commit was not ment for u! There is no better leader then Bill b

When has he ever shown real leadership?? When he helped negotiate the last two contracts and endorsed them or when he disrespected the membership at one of our general membership meetings when he grabbed himself?? You tell me!!

804brown

E/b they are doing so well that Dave o got two Stewarts fired! Plus about 60 drivers suspended!! How much did it cost the union to pay their salaries???804Brown wake up !! Members are getting fired! If this keeps up their will be no members left!!!!!

UPS management fired the 2 stewards , NOT DAVE!! Management reacted by Dave's provacative move by retalliating against the members, and most harshly Greg and Jerry. But remember an arbitrator found MANAGEMENT at fault for firing them. I understand about the cost to the union but they E/B decided to back the stewards monetarily as they worked as temporary union reps. Not a perfect remedy but it alll worked out in the end.
As for "there will be no members left", LOL!!

member6045

They found the E/B at fault also? Don't forget that! Many people read that arbitration! Arbitrator used words like foolish etc when explaining Dave! Let's not forget the other drivers suspended for 3 days! Then E/B sends out fliers and puts on website VICTORY??? That was far from a victory! Victory is something you feel in your heart and soul man. Victory is when you go to war and beat your opponent handily! Not being handed a loop hole bye an arbitrator! That could cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars!! As for your tuff choices? The board gave us a worse health plan than before, raised copays, and made going to the doctor a nightmare! The only thing they did was minimize the raises that we deserve! Our families deserve! Our board has a reserve of what? 20 million! Our members throughout the local have 10-15 million dollars of medical bills that our Board has refused to pay! Members have submitted there bills several times with denial from H/W! So please tell me who these tuff choices helped!! Not us!!! I had a guy tell me that the union refused to pay for a procedure, now he's on the hook for over 80,000 dollars! Tell board to get off our money and pay these bills! Let our members families live debt free from these medical bills! Stop destroying our CREDIT!!!!

truckinaround

Ace ment to put 804 Brown : commit was not ment for u! There is no better leader then Bill b
Bill's best buddy was Howie! Howie was a leader voted out! Howie sucked at being a leader and bill was up his ass. Steve and Bill were the worst BA's around. I know them for years. I don't trust or like Bill at all.

member6045

I doubt that Billy was Howie's best friend! Howie was his President and mine as well! Billy chose loyalty which you individuals are doing now! You Can Not compare or put in the same sentence Howie and Tim! Tim is not a Leader!!!! Nor did he surround himself around many! I only hear good thing about LR! Leaders look out for there flock, Leaders lead bye example, Leaders learn from there mistakes, Leaders will not BS the membership and leave them on the side of the road because there wounded or expendable! Howie was man enough to say it! Unadvised! ( if you don't like me vote me out) this present EB failures to Lead,Educate and uphold the contract continue! BTW! It was breaking news to me! I was told that the company met with the union last year to discuss gps language. The company wanted the union to speak to us about falsying delivery information, like not being in front of stop. Sheeting package residential when there commercial and missed after 5pm! The company wanted to go back 30 days previous and inform members that this was incorrect and give them a free pass! Union refused! Drivers have been getting walked off the job since! Tell me! Is that a leader? That's a group with now vision and no plan!

hometeam

hometeam

Spoke with Mema today he never spoke about the last 2 contracts with anyone !! Get the facts straight before YOU post a comment ,

AcesUp804

Spoke with Mema today he never spoke about the last 2 contracts with anyone !! Get the facts straight before YOU post a comment ,

He never spoke? Are u kidding me ..... Ask Dave did he ever complain about split raises? Did he ever complain about clerks only getting 4 1/2 during layoff ....... Maybe he liked the last 2 contracts.....

truckinaround

I doubt that Billy was Howie's best friend! Howie was his President and mine as well! Billy chose loyalty which you individuals are doing now! You Can Not compare or put in the same sentence Howie and Tim! Tim is not a Leader!!!! Nor did he surround himself around many! I only hear good thing about LR! Leaders look out for there flock, Leaders lead bye example, Leaders learn from there mistakes, Leaders will not BS the membership and leave them on the side of the road because there wounded or expendable! Howie was man enough to say it! Unadvised! ( if you don't like me vote me out) this present EB failures to Lead,Educate and uphold the contract continue! BTW! It was breaking news to me! I was told that the company met with the union last year to discuss gps language. The company wanted the union to speak to us about falsying delivery information, like not being in front of stop. Sheeting package residential when there commercial and missed after 5pm! The company wanted to go back 30 days previous and inform members that this was incorrect and give them a free pass! Union refused! Drivers have been getting walked off the job since! Tell me! Is that a leader? That's a group with now vision and no plan!

Are you kidding me defending Howie!. There is no way you can sit here and tell me Howie was man enough to say if you dont like me don't vote for me. I personally feel he made his whole slate look bad. Howie was only there because of Ron c. Howie was not liked for a long time. He should of retired years ago. I have news for you people are not to crazy about Bill. His slate so far does not look to promising.

Listen member I voted for the current board and now I realize how much they suck. We can't even make a move anymore without being walked out. But Bill, Steve and Danny are not the answer. Tell Bill to hold his crotch while he is fishing watching Steve punch members out at a shop steward conference, as Danny acts like a thug. I will not go another 3 years like we just had.

804brown

They found the E/B at fault also? Don't forget that! Many people read that arbitration! Arbitrator used words like foolish etc when explaining Dave! Let's not forget the other drivers suspended for 3 days! Then E/B sends out fliers and puts on website VICTORY??? That was far from a victory! Victory is something you feel in your heart and soul man. Victory is when you go to war and beat your opponent handily! Not being handed a loop hole bye an arbitrator! That could cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars!! As for your tuff choices? The board gave us a worse health plan than before, raised copays, and made going to the doctor a nightmare! The only thing they did was minimize the raises that we deserve! Our families deserve! Our board has a reserve of what? 20 million! Our members throughout the local have 10-15 million dollars of medical bills that our Board has refused to pay! Members have submitted there bills several times with denial from H/W! So please tell me who these tuff choices helped!! Not us!!! I had a guy tell me that the union refused to pay for a procedure, now he's on the hook for over 80,000 dollars! Tell board to get off our money and pay these bills! Let our members families live debt free from these medical bills! Stop destroying our CREDIT!!!!

You are right, the arbitrator said that Dave jumped the gun and the union funds will take a hit. But the stewards were reinstated because OUR UNION made a strong case that UPS management was WRONG for walking them off!! Redmond/Buhlert/Donato couldnt get Liam back!! Actually they didnt want him back either.
As for the 3 day suspensions, those drivers were offered to work in our union hall to make up lost wages. But now at least they have union officials who will stand up to management and make them think twice before walking off members!!

Again you are right, it wasnt TOTAL victory but those guys got their jobs back and that is a win. It was a win with a few side effects. A little embarassing for Dave, a fine against the union for STANDING UP FOR US!! But UPS lost by having to reinstate Greg and Jerry.

As for "the board gave us worse health plan than before", are you trying to say that Magnacare was better than Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield?? We have more doctors now and it costs the plan less than before. The emergency room fee has made people stop abusing the very expensive emergency rooms. Yes, the copays went up. Health care goes up every year. Blame the greedy insurance companies. Blame the greedy pharmaceutical companies. Blame Redmond/Buhlert/Donato for not negotiating enough money in their last contract. Oh, by the way Buhlert and Donato were BOTH on the E/B that had their plan-in-waiting until after theri election to implement higher co-pays and fees, etc. And yes it was a touch choice. You just get elected and you HAVE to raise co-pays and other fees or the Fund will go broke!! Yeah that is not the greatest political move but it was the responsible move. It had to be done!! It costs me more when we take our kids to the doctor but Im glad we still have a fund to talk about. Lets not forget that with those surpluses, maybe they can reinstate things we lost??

As for members with high bills, let me say: we are all adults and as an adult it is our responsibility to read all the information we get from the union or the fund. When we get letters sent home stating NOT TO GO OUTSIDE THE PLAN and that if you do IT WILL NOT BE COVERED, we as adults should read them with our spouses and if we do not understand it we can pick up a phone and call the hall. In my building our BA stated in several parking lot meetings about the changes and the do's and dont's. It was stated at every General Membership Meeting too!! Granted some of the people working in the H/W Fund can be nasty and arrogant, but they aer there to answer our questions. We pay them to do just that!!

804brown

Howie was never up for that job as President. But Tim is a steady leader. He isnt perfect but he is growing into the job (pun intended!!) By the time we get our ballots he will be on the job for almost 3 years. Leadership means not cursing out UPS to put on a show for the members. It means working in the hall to figure out a common sense way to save our H/W funds with Mastrandrea and Reynolds as well as find better ways to improve out pension funds.

You are very wrong to say this E/B fails to educate the membership. There have been more seminars, craft meetings and education meetings with this new board than in the entire 10 yrs or so of Redmond/Buhlert/Donato!!Just because you might be too lazy to attend isnt their fault!!

As for your "breaking news", I wont respond to nonsense rumors.

member6045

You tend to claim nobody has the answer or good enough? You try and breakdown or find fault in every candidate! You are a long time union member right! Put your hat in the arena! Are you scared to be judged or only mint to judge others! Which you do a great job of doing. Can you lead? Can you protect or fix problems! If not, keep quiet! Sit in your cushy seat and hush-up!!