Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Had enough

Hammer your a good teamster and I wish you luck but Billy and Tony have no shot. Yes Members United got there people out, not for a Ipad or food we came to support them.

At the rally next door every one including myself donated money to Members United to help with there campaign. Nothing but 20's and 50's were in that hat. I'm sure they raised over $1,500

The differents 3 years ago was everyone was putting on a good face for the old board. We all knew they were done even most of them knew it also.

There collecting money again? Wow! I know for sure that The Members voice is paying for everything out of their pocket! Those TDU suckers got your money Vinny? What a generous tdu koolaide drinker you are. I would not give them one penny! But I have to say Your buddy Tony must be some threat to them if they are willing to have tee shirts made in honor of him......that's pretty expensive.....Also a site! Good job board promoting for him! Thanks

804brown

Thank you.

I just hope whoever wins, they remember who elected them.

They already remember. At least they show up at our buildings. Not just once a week but several times a week. Not just a e/b for the full timers but a board that hired 2 extra BAs just to take care of the night shifts: twi and preload.

They remember because the other guys gave themselves huge raises. When we kicked them out they made on average $150k a year plus a matching 401k and a few even had multiple pensions. All on our dime!! They thought they owned their positions. They became too lazy at their jobs (some used to be firebrands); they lost the fire in their bellies.

They remember because only 3 short years ago they were actually driving thier package cars or doing their clerk work or hauling their tractors. They are fresh off their jobs; they knew what was wrong and got elected and started implementing those reforms. Now it is contract time and they have been mostly mobilizing the membership to get involved and get educated and united. Basically they have ben doing what we pay them to do: SHOW UP, FIGHT FOR US, TELL US THE TRUTH!!

Unfortunately there is a contingent, a small but load contingent that never got over the last election. You read all our dirty laundry daily . It is unfortunate but it is what it is. Maybe after they get beat ONCE AGAIN (2009 , 2011 DELAGATE RACE and 2012) they will concede that the old guard is GONE FOREVER. We need a united Local to take on big brown during contract negotiations.

Thanks for caring what goes on here. we at times seem petty and ridiculous . But thats only because we are. But i think i can speak for most of our local that we DO NOT WANT TO GO BACKWARDS!!

not what i voted for

Thank you.

I just hope whoever wins, they remember who elected them.

We needed them to do what they promised and they didn't so it is time for them to go.
They promised 24-7 representation with 13 buildings how many people would that take?
They promised to restore this Local to what it was when R Carey was here and they have gone backwards, R Carey worked hard to get innocent until proven guilty and these guys have been a joke with discharges and lengthy suspensions. That is not why they got elected I guess because they took a pay cut they didn't have to perform their duties. You got what you paid for now it is time for them to go and if the next guys don't perform they will go too !!!!!!

AcesUp804

If the other 2 slates didnt have members from the old board running them I mite agree but Ill take my chances with our current board.

joseph

If you have been coming to the GMM you would know this E/B has no support. The sloppy joes and IPad made all the difference. Come on put your thinking cap on!

AcesUp804

If you have been coming to the GMM you would know this E/B has no support. The sloppy joes and IPad made all the difference. Come on put your thinking cap on!

LOL I can only imagine how upset you must feel that Tim and company will be in another 3 years. Its really must hurt but you saw it for yourself on Sunday. Donato has been losing support for over a year and Billy is starting way to late.

Besides Billy goal was to stick it to Tony and he did, Tony and Billy can't get any parttimers to vote for them, it won't even be close.

lonewolf

If the other 2 slates didnt have members from the old board running them I mite agree but Ill take my chances with our current board.

The time is here green jacket man. Come up from the basement and give us all the juice on Tony D that you have. You said right after the nominations you will spill the beans. Then you can go back under your rock in the basement.

they already remember. At least they show up at our buildings. Not just once a week but several times a week. Not just a e/b for the full timers but a board that hired 2 extra bas just to take care of the night shifts: Twi and preload.

They remember because the other guys gave themselves huge raises. When we kicked them out they made on average $150k a year plus a matching 401k and a few even had multiple pensions. All on our dime!! They thought they owned their positions. They became too lazy at their jobs (some used to be firebrands); they lost the fire in their bellies.

They remember because only 3 short years ago they were actually driving thier package cars or doing their clerk work or hauling their tractors. They are fresh off their jobs; they knew what was wrong and got elected and started implementing those reforms. Now it is contract time and they have been mostly mobilizing the membership to get involved and get educated and united. Basically they have ben doing what we pay them to do: Show up, fight for us, tell us the truth!!

Unfortunately there is a contingent, a small but load contingent that never got over the last election. You read all our dirty laundry daily . It is unfortunate but it is what it is. Maybe after they get beat once again (2009 , 2011 delagate race and 2012) they will concede that the old guard is gone forever. We need a united local to take on big brown during contract negotiations.

Thanks for caring what goes on here. We at times seem petty and ridiculous . But thats only because we are. But i think i can speak for most of our local that we do not want to go backwards!!

listen up, if this current board does get in again its game over, ups will have there way with this local even more so then they are doing now, are you guys that are sticking with this e/b really that stupid ! You will get what you deserve if they get in again , remember my words !

804brown

We needed them to do what they promised and they didn't so it is time for them to go.
They promised 24-7 representation with 13 buildings how many people would that take?
They promised to restore this Local to what it was when R Carey was here and they have gone backwards, R Carey worked hard to get innocent until proven guilty and these guys have been a joke with discharges and lengthy suspensions. That is not why they got elected I guess because they took a pay cut they didn't have to perform their duties. You got what you paid for now it is time for them to go and if the next guys don't perform they will go too !!!!!!

Yes there are 13 buildings but only 11 of the E/B cover UPs facilities. Tim is the president. He doesnt have a ups building. He and Jim the sec treasurer split the outside shops. They both focus on running the local and its finances and the funds. The remaining 11 board members cover all the 13 buildings but remember there are several shifts in every building. Plus there are board members who cover the Feeders too. Yes there is 24 hr representation. Everyday ups is moving packages, at least one union official is on duty somewhere in the local. That is a fact. It is totally impossible for those guys to be in their buildings every hour ups works. The job encompases more than being in a building. Remember the old board wouldnt be caught dead in a building after 5pm or before 8am.

As for restoring this local to what it was under Carey, those days will never return. Tim is smart and he tells us the truth but he is not Ron Carey. It was a different time back then. This company was a different animal. It lost its soul 10-15 years ago. The backward slide in this local began under redmond and buhlert and donato. Tim and the e/b did not endorse those 2 concessionary contracts; they didnt almost bankrupt our funds; they didnt accept the dishonesty language. the remaining remnants of that old guard buhlert, donato, guarella, nemeth and medina ALL DID!!

And yes the new board did take a HUGE pay cut (from $150k to $115k and no more matching 401k) BUT THEY ACTUALLY CARE AND THEY SHOW UP SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK!!I guess you cant imagine a board actually working longer hours for less money. it sounds insane but thats why they ran in the first place. They wanted to make the members proud to be in this local once again like when ron was here. Though ron is gone in one respect, he legacy is in good hands with this board. On the first day in office they restored Ron's picture on the walls of the union hall. The home that ron built!! But redmond/buhlert/donato pissed it all away in 10 years!!

Never again!!

Ibt804Hammer

Hammer your a good teamster and I wish you luck but Billy and Tony have no shot. Yes Members United got there people out, not for a Ipad or food we came to support them.

At the rally next door every one including myself donated money to Members United to help with there campaign. Nothing but 20's and 50's were in that hat. I'm sure they raised over $1,500

The differents 3 years ago was everyone was putting on a good face for the old board. We all knew they were done even most of them knew it also.

Haha the good old hat! I guess 1000 dollars from each active board member isnt enough. I gave 3 years ago never again. Way too many broken promises, some good but not enough.

Ibt804Hammer

Name the "broken"promises.

How about 10 things will do as soon as we are elected????
I will start with building raids and round the clock representation. Supervisors working and restoring the power. Like I said before I like them all, but they are definitely wrong people for the job(upper eb) Jum E????? How was he saving us money? If you at the last meeting at think they have the members support you are wrong.

hometeam

hometeam

A.C you jump when Daley tells you to that's why you removed the Steward from foster!! You are a disgrace for not backing him. You want the members to vote for you not happening!!

not what i voted for

Re: hometeam

A.C you jump when Daley tells you to that's why you removed the Steward from foster!! You are a disgrace for not backing him. You want the members to vote for you not happening!![/QUOTE

Was the steward elected or appointed ? Was that the stewards last chance agreement ?

They have to go now just look at their record we are not a stronger or better represented Local 804.

804brown

Re: hometeam

Ok, hammer and "not" lets look at their record. They did promise 10 changes.

First, take on sups working...promised to take them on by doing surprise building raids...they do that...but sups will always try to work ...always have always will but at least members are getting their grievances answered sooner by using national grievance panels

Second, tough , fair contract enforcement...that meant ending "go along to get along"...these guys do not hang out with management especially fishing trips!!
Third, protect our benefits...they audited our funds and made needed changes to make sure we had a health and welfare fund for the remainder of this contract...and now their are healthy surpluses....the pension fund is growing ...hopefully an increase will come out of negotiations next year.

Fourth, fight production harassment...they had numerous workshops on how to protect yourself on ojs and harassment and sups working...enforced and encouraged drivers to go on 9.5 list ...lots of drivers getting triple time now

Fifth, round the clock representation...they did increase representation by adding 2 more BAs to cover once neglected shifts...we do have union representation on call...and at least SOMEONE in our union hall is either at the hall or at their building

Sixth, they cut their salaries by $35k per year and used the money to increase the number of BAs

Seventh, fight for more full time jobs....they conducted a local wide audit of number of 22.3 jobs...it has been slow but lately some 22.3 jobs have been created and bidded on

Eighth, they DO keep us informed ...the newsletters ...the parking lots meeting...tha rallies with the rat in the parking lots...the contract campaign....craft meetings...more union meetings

Ninth, they launched teamseter university which pays for members to be sent to conferences and workshops in other cities

Tenth, they truly honored the legacy of ron carey... leadership and scholarhip awards... lobbyed to have a street named after ron in 2010...put his picture back up in the hall

The 10 changes have ot been totally fulfilled. Some are a work in progress. Nonetheless, no one said things would be perfect. And they aare certainly not. But they work hard for us and they tell us the truth!!

804 Members United Slate!!