Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

bigd

Local 804 members reside in one of the highest cost of leaving in the nation! WE CAN'T AFFORD THIS CONTRACT! VOTE NO!!

:dissapointed:300 over 12 months =3600 dollars pension increase each year . I have few details but the details I'm hearing I don't like. Election day is gone for the most part ? part timers delivering ground but not making book. I'm so upset right now. :angry: Timothy you have taken care of yourself and others like you with the time and age to retire-- but did you stop once and think about the majority of us who must stay and deal with this contract you and Liam are trying to ram down our throats. :sick: AND ANTHONY .C PLEASE DO US A FAVOR AND RESIGN ALONG WITH THE 804 FUTURE KILLER+ NEVER RETURNS A PHONE CALL TIM.S

chris24

1/1/ 2013 - Retiree Med. $ 635.00 per month 1/1/2017 - Retiree Med. $ 929.69 That is a difference of 295.00 more per month. So that means our pension raise over the next 4 years is really only $ 105.00. Hahahahaha Oh by the way where is the arbitration decision on the retiree health care cost.

:dissapointed:300 over 12 months =3600 dollars pension increase each year . I have few details but the details I'm hearing I don't like. Election day is gone for the most part ? part timers delivering ground but not making book. I'm so upset right now. :angry: Timothy you have taken care of yourself and others like you with the time and age to retire-- but did you stop once and think about the majority of us who must stay and deal with this contract you and Liam are trying to ram down our throats. :sick: AND ANTHONY .C PLEASE DO US A FAVOR AND RESIGN ALONG WITH THE 804 FUTURE KILLER+ NEVER RETURNS A PHONE CALL TIM.S

I'm hearing now that we are also gonna have seasonal drivers covering summer vacation in feeder department.

If any of this is true just vote NO for now we just have to wait to see the contract details......

Agitator2

The cost of the retiree med. is true. I don't know about the rest for sure. But if any of it is true this would be the worst contract ever negotiated by any E-BOARD. Did they give them the keys to the union hall also. Remember the pension raise can not be guaranteed unless they have it in writing.

balland chain

I'm hearing now that we are also gonna have seasonal drivers covering summer vacation in feeder department.
Seasonal drivers for feeder runs ? We already have a list of 10 on super Q here ? They are gong to take the work from the super Q drivers who don't have feeder seniority? Hell during peak season we have shiny wheels take our loads, and now they want seasonal to take our work away from super Q drivers? That along with the other issues means a NO vote for me..Now I have heard it all... Way to go HALL !

Agitator2

Seasonal drivers for feeder runs ? We already have a list of 10 on super Q here ? They are gong to take the work from the super Q drivers who don't have feeder seniority? Hell during peak season we have shiny wheels take our loads, and now they want seasonal to take our work away from super Q drivers? That along with the other issues means a NO vote for me..Now I have heard it all... Way to go HALL !

this is not Hall its our local leaders if this is true.

bigd

Hoffa and Hall are showing us the international tentative agreement.
Where is local 804 supplemental
Tim/Pete?. After all you have said of how great this contract is!! Why you all don't want to show it?

Call the union hall (718) 786-5700 and ask for a copy.

804brown

Hoffa and Hall are showing us the international tentative agreement.
Where is local 804 supplemental
Tim/Pete?. After all you have said of how great this contract is!! Why you all don't want to show it?

Call the union hall (718) 786-5700 and ask for a copy.

Have called. Received a good rundown of what we got. I like 90% of it. They say just like the IBT said after their TA that now the lawyers are crossing the t's and dotting the i's. The basics are all on the website and the actual hardcopy will be forthcoming. For the record I plan on voting NO on the IBT plan and YES on our local supplement.

member6045

Can you explain why executive board wants to allow part time cover drivers??? I'm sure part timers want real full time jobs also not something thrown together. One week there full time, next week there not! We are moving backwards here I'm voting no! Leave my full time job and its hours alone.

balland chain

Can you explain why executive board wants to allow part time cover drivers??? I'm sure part timers want real full time jobs also not something thrown together. One week there full time, next week there not! We are moving backwards here I'm voting no! Leave my full time job and its hours alone.
This will open a big ugly can of worms if UPS gets this language.. They will then transition over to using part time cover drivers on a permanent basis, and these drivers will never gain seniority, never get enough credit hours for the full time pension plan, therefore UPS will be using part time drivers filling positions that were once full time positions.. Saving a ton of cash by not having to pay them for a pension for full time, since they will most likely never get enough credit hours for a full time pension..I feel this is what UPS has had up their sleeves for sometime... Part timers really need to attend the meeting at Union hall when contract details are discussed.. Don"t be blinded by the pay raise,,that is just a diversion from the ugly language that will bite ya in the ass when your not looking..

IzzyTheNose

To appease the swell of part-timers who are still salty about the company not fulfilling those 10,000 combo positions. I'm positive those 2,000+ "new" combo positions won't be fulfilled. And this will be a GOOD distraction from that, because you'd have low seniority part-timers looking at that $16.10 (I think that's what it was) pay rate for driving, and they'll be tripping over themselves to get in there, not realizing that the company could and would use them as part-timer drivers in perpetuity.

If this passes, the company would have strategically, and quite brilliantly so, friend'd over it's full-time drivers by cutting into their OT by using cheaper labor for doing the same job. While merely dangling a carrot in front of the part-timers to draw their attention away from "new" combo positions that are unlikely to be honored.

It's really just a creative way to keep us part-time indefinitely, and save the company tens-of-thousands of dollars per employee on salary and pension.

OffRoutesPay

Funny how so many people here are against something they haven't even read yet. Why doesn't every one wait until we all have a chance to read the details.

OffRoutesPay

I'm a retired 804 member, 2 years retired. Very Happy.. If it's true that you guys now will be getting $3900 Jan 2014 and $4000 Jan 2017 that's a great job by the current E Board. William Buhlert and Anthony Donato told everyone that there was no way in hell that our pension could go up. I guess thats why it didn't go up in 15 years.

cino321

I'm a retired 804 member, 2 years retired. Very Happy.. If it's true that you guys now will be getting $3900 Jan 2014 and $4000 Jan 2017 that's a great job by the current E Board. William Buhlert and Anthony Donato told everyone that there was no way in hell that our pension could go up. I guess that's why it didn't go up in 15 years.

By giving away full time ground work? No thanks. This board is telling the part timers they'll have more opportunity to make money by part time cover driving. What the part timers aren't realizing is that they're only delaying their own wait to go driving full time. The death of the full time cover driver in this local will significantly eliminate full time jobs. What's the current wait time on the list? 2-4 years? That's nothing compared to what you hear on this forum in some of the other locals where they have part time cover drivers. Tack on the new pay progression and any UPSer in this local is going to waiting a minimum of 10 years to hit top pay in a full time gig.

If that wasn't bad enough, they want to let the company cover feeder vacations with seasonal hires during the summer? So the feeder list won't move (as if it doesn't move slow enough) and package car drivers will be stuck and the part timers will have to wait even longer for a full time gig because the package car drivers won't be going anywhere.

They are completely sugarcoating this contract by telling the full timers their pension will increase and selling the part timers on it by promising them all this extra work. Long term wise, this is a nightmare.

member6045

Being responsible is The most important thing to be as a Leader of many. All local 804 members received a funding notice stating that we are at 66% funded and in Critical status!! The members would be happy if we received a raise in the pension but how ? We have been told that we had to be in green zone to receive an increase.

?? Are we getting our 50k lump sum and coffee back for unborn? We should be if we are getting a bump!!