Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Agitator2

By giving away full time ground work? No thanks. This board is telling the part timers they'll have more opportunity to make money by part time cover driving. What the part timers aren't realizing is that they're only delaying their own wait to go driving full time. The death of the full time cover driver in this local will significantly eliminate full time jobs. What's the current wait time on the list? 2-4 years? That's nothing compared to what you hear on this forum in some of the other locals where they have part time cover drivers. Tack on the new pay progression and any UPSer in this local is going to waiting a minimum of 10 years to hit top pay in a full time gig.

If that wasn't bad enough, they want to let the company cover feeder vacations with seasonal hires during the summer? So the feeder list won't move (as if it doesn't move slow enough) and package car drivers will be stuck and the part timers will have to wait even longer for a full time gig because the package car drivers won't be going anywhere.

They are completely sugarcoating this contract by telling the full timers their pension will increase and selling the part timers on it by promising them all this extra work. Long term wise, this is a nightmare.

Well said !!!!!!! ITS VERY SIMPLE, ANY TYPE OF PART TIME PACKAGE CAR DRIVER IS THE BEGINING OF THE END !!!!!!!!!!

Part timers this contract is not good for your future. Full timers this contract is not good for our future. The company won this show down with our contract team that we counted on to do the right thing! but they let us down. Vote No! please protect our future it's in your hands not Tim.S not Liam.R we decide if this sham of a contract goes forward I urge you all part timers and full timers to Vote this BAD contract down when its mailed to your home. 300 dollars is not worth selling out our futures. And part timers you get nothing in this deal but used and abused and discarded at least the full timers get 300 dollars:sick:

804brown

Part time ground drivers to create "more summer vacation slots?" Feeder vacations covered by seasonal? NO.

As I hear it, this opens up more vacation time. Now each center will have to have 15% out ever week from Memorial Day thru Labor Day. Right now WE ALREADY HAVE PART TIME DRIVERS in the form of air drivers doing ground. Thats been around for years (Old board allowed THAT in our contract). Having part timers become COVER DRIVERS allows them to be put on a quicker path to FULL TIME DRIVER. I know monies would not be put into H/W as well as pensio fund BUT RIGHT NOW when someone off the street covers a route, no monies go in either. Or when supervisors cover a vacation route in the summer, no monies go in. Also, it should stop the RDOs that mngmnt gives to younger guys in the summer. More younger guys will get summer vacation. Plus Im hearing that these cover drivers will be getting $21/hr and if they enough days, even during peak if more new drivers are needed, they (the cover drivers) will not have to do 40 in 70 again to make FULL TIME book. This is not a bad thing here. It helps solve a few problems at once.

804brown

Being responsible is The most important thing to be as a Leader of many. All local 804 members received a funding notice stating that we are at 66% funded and in Critical status!! The members would be happy if we received a raise in the pension but how ? We have been told that we had to be in green zone to receive an increase.

?? Are we getting our 50k lump sum and coffee back for unborn? We should be if we are getting a bump!!

You are right about the coffee break for the unborn. That was taken away by old board. That can ONLY be fixed we are in the green zone (80%). However, for an increase in pensions, NEW MONIES would have to be introduced. ANd this new contract gives us that.
About leadership, right now we do have leadership. They kept us literally in the room during negotiations unlike the old board who kept us in the dark then at the last minute said : Here it is, fair for the times, vote yes!! Leadership is also about making difficult decisions. Bargaining is about give and take. Last time we only GAVE...concessions that is. This time we WON things, like 100 new FT positions and the large bump in our FT pensions. ANd they did it without having to use any of our raises like they had to do in local 177 in new jersey.

Agitator2

As I hear it, this opens up more vacation time. Now each center will have to have 15% out ever week from Memorial Day thru Labor Day. Right now WE ALREADY HAVE PART TIME DRIVERS in the form of air drivers doing ground. Thats been around for years (Old board allowed THAT in our contract). Having part timers become COVER DRIVERS allows them to be put on a quicker path to FULL TIME DRIVER. I know monies would not be put into H/W as well as pensio fund BUT RIGHT NOW when someone off the street covers a route, no monies go in either. Or when supervisors cover a vacation route in the summer, no monies go in. Also, it should stop the RDOs that mngmnt gives to younger guys in the summer. More younger guys will get summer vacation. Plus Im hearing that these cover drivers will be getting $21/hr and if they enough days, even during peak if more new drivers are needed, they (the cover drivers) will not have to do 40 in 70 again to make FULL TIME book. This is not a bad thing here. It helps solve a few problems at once.

804 brown your really have no clue what you are talking about. Well you are either on the e board or the negotiating team, you said they kept US in the room. Well brown show me in any contract where part time air drivers are
permitted to deliver ground. I can't find it

member6045

Any air driver that does ground work gets drivers pay top pay for the day. Sounds better than that 20 spot your talking about an hour! If you wanna stop RDO stand bye guard both and police the place like it was done 20+ years ago! Make company pay them for report pay! You know the contract! Mr I believe!

newtothis

Ladies and Gentleman we are all jumping to conclusions on OUR local 804 supplement. We havent even seen it yet to actually know the facts. In actuality why would we see it in advance from our Sunday 5/19 general membership meeting. That would only make sense. I mean our current leadership is pounding their chests saying "its the greatest contract ever".... If its that good i'd be proud to show it to the membership ASAP instead of throwing it out at the meeting like it was a flash bang being used on entry team over seas. Come on guys why dont you want us to see it before the meeting if its THE BEST CONTRACT EVER!!!!! Hmmm let me think of the answers that you would give us... oh i know "the lawyers are still working out the paticulars"... So if thats truly the case its not done and how can you call it the BEST CONTRACT EVER!!!!! LIES...LIES AND MORE LIES FROM OUR CURRENT E-BOARD..... With your projected 20% increase in salaries you want to give yourself it would definitely give you more time to work on your side jobs as magicians for kids parties. You guys have proved over the past 3 years that your masters of smoke and mirrors and making things appear as they truly are not..... As long as you can place your head on your pillow at night and say i did all that i could is what counts... Well that would be just the final lie of your busy work day....

804brown

804 brown your really have no clue what you are talking about. Well you are either on the e board or the negotiating team, you said they kept US in the room. Well brown show me in any contract where part time air drivers are
permitted to deliver ground. I can't find it

LOL, I dont have a clue?? LOL!! Anyway, so now Im on the negotiating team because I said "us". Yeah "us" as in the rank and file are in the room. But I am proud of the rank and filers who did participated in the bargaining.
As for pt time air drivers handling ground packages, there is Article 40 of the NMA which deals with WHEN they actually do handle ground packages. UPS has been exploiting that for years.

bigd

Currently when PART TIME AIR DRIVERS deliver or transport ground they get paid GROUND RATE ($32.32) for all hours worked.
So what you Tim S are proposing is:
1. Over $11.00 paid cut for part timer when deliver ground.
2. Under your plan if a part timer works 50 days durring the new freeze period (memorial day to Labor Day) they will not become a full time package car driver. They will be PREQUALIFY to go full time.
3. Air drivers will not have to opportunity to make a few extra dollars. The company will have junior union member doing ground work for less money.

804brown

Any air driver that does ground work gets drivers pay top pay for the day. Sounds better than that 20 spot your talking about an hour! If you wanna stop RDO stand bye guard both and police the place like it was done 20+ years ago! Make company pay them for report pay! You know the contract! Mr I believe!

First off, this plan is restricted to the months of June, July and August. On totally stopping RDOs I agree with you on standing by the guard booth. But how many dopes call from the parking lot, etc.

804brown

Currently when PART TIME AIR DRIVERS deliver or transport ground they get paid GROUND RATE ($32.32) for all hours worked.
So what you Tim S are proposing is:
1. Over $11.00 paid cut for part timer when deliver ground.
2. Under your plan if a part timer works 50 days durring the new freeze period (memorial day to Labor Day) they will not become a full time package car driver. They will be PREQUALIFY to go full time.
3. Air drivers will not have to opportunity to make a few extra dollars. The company will have junior union member doing ground work for less money.

Again partially right.They will pre qualify to go full time whereas those part time air drivers do not. Some air drivers have been doing this FOR YEARS. Granted it means they will not have that opportunity to make a few dollars. But management has been exploiting this loop hole for years having air drivers start hours earlier in order to "help out" route drivers. It is at $21/hr, but when they attain enough days (again this is key because that air driver will not) they do not have to go through 40/70 again. I can understand some skepticism about a new system but it is a way of dealing with a lingering problem of not enough vacations weeks in the summer and more FT drivers.

And Im not tim. Go to the union meeting on may 19th and speak to him yourself.

804brown

Ladies and Gentleman we are all jumping to conclusions on OUR local 804 supplement. We havent even seen it yet to actually know the facts. In actuality why would we see it in advance from our Sunday 5/19 general membership meeting. That would only make sense. I mean our current leadership is pounding their chests saying "its the greatest contract ever".... If its that good i'd be proud to show it to the membership ASAP instead of throwing it out at the meeting like it was a flash bang being used on entry team over seas. Come on guys why dont you want us to see it before the meeting if its THE BEST CONTRACT EVER!!!!! Hmmm let me think of the answers that you would give us... oh i know "the lawyers are still working out the paticulars"... So if thats truly the case its not done and how can you call it the BEST CONTRACT EVER!!!!! LIES...LIES AND MORE LIES FROM OUR CURRENT E-BOARD..... With your projected 20% increase in salaries you want to give yourself it would definitely give you more time to work on your side jobs as magicians for kids parties. You guys have proved over the past 3 years that your masters of smoke and mirrors and making things appear as they truly are not..... As long as you can place your head on your pillow at night and say i did all that i could is what counts... Well that would be just the final lie of your busy work day....

You are correct on only ONE thing. This is a TENTATIVE agreement. Both sides have to compare notes and make sure interpretations are the same. Yes, i want to see it too. But from the general descriptions of what is in it, it looks good. I havent heard "best contract ever". That sounds like a hoffa PR line a few years ago. The pension increase WOULD be the largest ever.They fixed the old board's loophole of guaranteeing only 4 1/2 hours during reduction of staff. Now clerks and drivers and full time insiders will be guaranteed 8 hrs!! That is big for the clerks and car washers especially.
How come no one wants to talk about the change in the grievance procedure. That will shorten the time members have to have a suspension or discharge hanging over them. Instead of months or even years, now it will be 30- 60 days!!Management will NO LONGER be able to fire someone and have them out on the street for months , then agree to have them gone back with no back pay ,etc. How come we are not talking about the new FT 22.3 jobs that we will be getting.
Some of you seem to NEVER be happy. We now have a board who promised to deliver on a strong contract. And they did!! We took those surveys and told them what we wanted. Like more full time jobs...DONE!! Like a big increase in our pensions...DONE!! Like fixing the grievance procedure...DONE!! Like fixing the reduction of staff loophole...DONE!! Like getting us more summer vacation...DONE!!

Talk about "lies" where does that 20% increase in the board's salary come from?? Oh thats right. THIN AIR!!

smart girl

We all over the country are campaigning to vote it down and send it back for clear language and Healthcare
too be re-negotiated . Don't worry we are all watching the holdouts .

newtothis

The new grievance procedure.... Fantastic. Put the member directly in front of the firing squad instead of you guys actually doing what you have been elected to do and get paid heavily for and that's REPRESENT the members

804brown

We all over the country are campaigning to vote it down and send it back for clear language and Healthcare
too be re-negotiated . Don't worry we are all watching the holdouts .

Hey "smart" girl, we are talking about our local supplement here NOT THE NATIONAL CONTRACT!!