Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

OffRoutesPay

Unity there is none. On my medical bills I have some.on terminations not a lot these days on grievances they never get paid or answered for that matter. On present in the building I see both union reps at least once or twice a week one of them is cool the other is Mr. Anthony On this contract I'm worried I will complain on next Sunday like a man front and center.
Cool I'll be their as well. Who is the other BA that is cool?

OffRoutesPay

the tentative 804 supplement is on packagecarunion.com
Wow great supplement by our e board also this is from Scotts website he is a steward and was part of the negotiating committee...
Last week we reached a tentative agreement on the 804 supplement. The satisfaction and pride that this brought was incredible.
Last summer we began meeting and strategizing. We surveyed the entire local to ensure that we found what was most important to the members. In November we started negotiating. After months of talks we were still nowhere near our goals, but we stood firm and finally UPS gave us what we needed for an agreement.
This contract has improvements in every facet of the operation and I am very proud of the work we've done. Including rank & file members on the negotiating committee had a tremendous impact ,Tim S and Pete Mastrandrea had a brilliant plan, and inserting Liam Russertt as lead negotiator was nothing short of genius. He took classes, poured over books, and had all the right questions and answers for UPS. Liam put in many 18 and 20 hour days and his skill and determination is evident in the way that the agreement is crafted. Everything in it is well thought out and there are gains and protections layered throughout the proposals.
We will be having a center or building meeting this week and Sunday 5/19 is the general membership meeting. Before fielding blind questions, I wanted you all to have a chance to read the tentative agreement. There are too many people with agendas trying to turn our contract into a political tool. There is so much discussion about the contract, but many of these detractors have forgotten to read page 70 and 71. I understand that supporting a strong contract would make it difficult to run in 2 1/2 years, but attacking it sight unseen is arrogant, silly, and reckless.
Early in the process, we reached tentative agreements on a few issues that are not included in the comprehensive package proposal that I'm posting here. We put in language for emergency closings (in cases of emergency, blizzards, hurricanes, etc.). We went from 2 to 3 training routes per center to address the company's concern over the larger centers of today. We also strengthened supervisor working language by removing some of their loopholes. The last thing missing is the pension information because the accountants and actuaries are still finalizing the details, but the increases are as follows: January 1st, 2014 the 25 year pension goes to $3400/month and the 30 years or 55 age pension goes to $3900. August 1st, 2017 the 25 year pension goes up to $3500 monthly and the 30 year/55 age pension goes to $4000. The fund cannot support an increase for those members that have not garnered at least 25 years of contributions, so a member retiring at age 55 with less than 25 years of service will remain at the current accrual rate of $144 for each year of service.
Educate yourself by reading the agreement and any questions or comments will be addressed at our center/building meeting or at next week's general membership meeting.
Thank you for your continued support while I was away at these negotiations, I really appreciate it.

Wow great supplement by our e board also this is from Scotts website he is a steward and was part of the negotiating committee...
Last week we reached a tentative agreement on the 804 supplement. The satisfaction and pride that this brought was incredible.
Last summer we began meeting and strategizing. We surveyed the entire local to ensure that we found what was most important to the members. In November we started negotiating. After months of talks we were still nowhere near our goals, but we stood firm and finally UPS gave us what we needed for an agreement.
This contract has improvements in every facet of the operation and I am very proud of the work we've done. Including rank & file members on the negotiating committee had a tremendous impact ,Tim S and Pete Mastrandrea had a brilliant plan, and inserting Liam Russertt as lead negotiator was nothing short of genius. He took classes, poured over books, and had all the right questions and answers for UPS. Liam put in many 18 and 20 hour days and his skill and determination is evident in the way that the agreement is crafted. Everything in it is well thought out and there are gains and protections layered throughout the proposals.
We will be having a center or building meeting this week and Sunday 5/19 is the general membership meeting. Before fielding blind questions, I wanted you all to have a chance to read the tentative agreement. There are too many people with agendas trying to turn our contract into a political tool. There is so much discussion about the contract, but many of these detractors have forgotten to read page 70 and 71. I understand that supporting a strong contract would make it difficult to run in 2 1/2 years, but attacking it sight unseen is arrogant, silly, and reckless.
Early in the process, we reached tentative agreements on a few issues that are not included in the comprehensive package proposal that I'm posting here. We put in language for emergency closings (in cases of emergency, blizzards, hurricanes, etc.). We went from 2 to 3 training routes per center to address the company's concern over the larger centers of today. We also strengthened supervisor working language by removing some of their loopholes. The last thing missing is the pension information because the accountants and actuaries are still finalizing the details, but the increases are as follows: January 1st, 2014 the 25 year pension goes to $3400/month and the 30 years or 55 age pension goes to $3900. August 1st, 2017 the 25 year pension goes up to $3500 monthly and the 30 year/55 age pension goes to $4000. The fund cannot support an increase for those members that have not garnered at least 25 years of contributions, so a member retiring at age 55 with less than 25 years of service will remain at the current accrual rate of $144 for each year of service.
Educate yourself by reading the agreement and any questions or comments will be addressed at our center/building meeting or at next week's general membership meeting.
Thank you for your continued support while I was away at these negotiations, I really appreciate it.
The good news in his post was one extra training route and emergency closing language@#@!$#! then it was right to the pension increases how many years does Scott have? His post never mentions the part time cover driver that takes away our overtime lmao hey Scott how could you forget that minor detail? and election day is gone all for 300 dollars off routes pay you have to try harder next time when you start selling bs .

OffRoutesPay

The good news in his post was one extra training route and emergency closing language@#@!$#! then it was right to the pension increases how many years does Scott have? His post never mentions the part time cover driver that takes away our overtime lmao hey Scott how could you forget that minor detail? and election day is gone all for 300 dollars off routes pay you have to try harder next time when you start selling bs .

Wow, your not to smart are you. Election day pay was moved not lost. Can't wait for you to hit the mic on Sunday ..

newtothis

I just checked our official 804 website and didn't see anything posted with a link to our tentative local supplemental. Can anyone help me find this info

bigd

Our concerns are only toward this supplement! We all should have concerns about the pension increase and give and take as per Tim S stated on the website. It's great if he negotiated an extra $150 million dollars or more to get the pension fund to 80% and 804 members a raise! If he did that the man should put his hat in the ring for washington! To make ups get off the type of money needed to give a raise should be praised, unless! He is gambling with our money! It's called speculating! It's risky and can pay off if market stays strong. The market has been strong since Tim S has been in office. Our investment haven't given us a great return over the past couple of years! Think we had 7% last year! I believe Tim S and the local would need about double that to get raise by Jan 2014.
If we don't I guess company will be more than happy to do what the previous administration was claimed of doing!! Having our benefits reduced again!

So far we have lost!
50k lump sum, I would imagine next thing company will cut with no problem will be and continue to give pension increase while paying the difference if we don't make our 80% or more!

CUT THE 25 &OUT
But we would have got our increase that Tim S promised! Now! Just think what that accrual rate will be if you can't work here for 30 years!

Remember this is what ups is been trying to do for years but they know that local 804 will never vote to ratified a contract that includes the elimination of 25 and out! So the ups agree to a pension increase knowing that our pension will still be in critical status at which point 5 trustees will have to vote to reduce benefits!
Trustees:
2 from ups
2 from local 804
1 from mechanic union
We all know the the mechanic union trustee always sides with the company!!
"This will be a backdoor 25 and out elimination"

OffRoutesPay

Bigd, either you were totally against the E board or people are giving you bad information. The biggest thing that I can help you with is that our pension fund has 3 Union trustees and 3 company trustees the mechanic trustee is long gone.

newtothis

Bigd, either you were totally against the E board or people are giving you bad information. The biggest thing that I can help you with is that our pension fund has 3 Union trustees and 3 company trustees the mechanic trustee is long gone.

From everything Bigd posted above in regards to the pension the only thing that was clarified was that the mechanics no longer have a voice. What about the other questions asked

newtothis

Off routes any thoughts on this;
Our concerns are only toward this supplement! We all should have concerns about the pension increase and give and take as per Tim S stated on the website. It's great if he negotiated an extra $150 million dollars or more to get the pension fund to 80% and 804 members a raise! If he did that the man should put his hat in the ring for washington! To make ups get off the type of money needed to give a raise should be praised, unless! He is gambling with our money! It's called speculating! It's risky and can pay off if market stays strong. The market has been strong since Tim S has been in office. Our investment haven't given us a great return over the past couple of years! Think we had 7% last year! I believe Tim S and the local would need about double that to get raise by Jan 2014.
If we don't I guess company will be more than happy to do what the previous administration was claimed of doing!! Having our benefits reduced again!

OffRoutesPay

Just made a phone call and Bigd maybe correct from what I was told. Sorry, guess we will find out Sunday
To view the supplement goto package car union.com

bigd

From pension funding notice:

Teamsters trustees
Tim S, co-chair
James Conigliaro***
Pete Mastandrea
Jim Reynolds

Ups trustees
Chris Langan, co-chair
Steve Brennan
Dan Dismukes
Brian McCabe

James Conigliaro is local 447 trustee(mechanics union).
The picture still the same, our best case scenario would be an arbitrator and we all know how well this Eboard does with arbitrators!!

I'm not against e board. I'm against bad decisions that will affect the legacy of our local! I clearly don't understand Tim S's vision for my family and all those that will be affected negatively by this contract.

Last edited: