Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

member6045

Combo helpers will have an extremely long day also? I understand that they will contribute to the fund? Now! What happens if they don't want to work 8 hours or 9.5 hours with the gap and just want to load and go home? Will they receive full pension credit for the day?

newtothis

What's the rate helpers get in foster?
TheVCD? I see language that states! States centers will give no Less than 15% off? Does this mean they can go the other way and give 40% of drivers off?

newtothis

804Brown you were saying til yesturday that the tentative agreement isn't finalize now you are implying that it might be done! And what about the time posted on locals website for Sundays meeting this Eboard is purposely misleading the membership with the hope that no one shows up

newtothis

It's amazing for a supplement that is in its final stages of being completed certain members on here seem to have all the write answers (804brown, off routes) do tell do tell. How are you two so privileged to have such insight.

OffRoutesPay

It's amazing for a supplement that is in its final stages of being completed certain members on here seem to have all the write answers (804brown, off routes) do tell do tell. How are you two so privileged to have such insight.

My old steward got the info from the BA, also heard it's not being released until ups agrees 100% in righting on every part of the agreed pension if not Tim will tell the members to vote No, then go back to the table. Just what I heard, is true it makes sense. Hope this helps.

member6045

Why would Tim tell members to vote no? After union supposedly fought so hard for? Our supplement! That doesn't make any sense!! Board members have been endorsing this supplement since we heard it was done!! Quote! I wish there was something bad here but there isn't! We didn't loose anything.

newtothis

Hey one more thing. Does anyone know if Nassau County Police has been requested to make a presence on Sunday like the Lake Success Police was asked at the 2nd general membership meeting of this current executive board. 804brown can you answer that.... I mean what a shame that we have to have a police presence at a FAMILY meeting. After all aren't we all BROTHERS and SISTERS!!! We should be ashamed of ourselves if we have to tie the cops up from real police work just to oversee a FAMILY meeting

bigd

Any tentative agreement that allows part time union members doing full time union members work for less money, less pension, less health coverage deserves a NO VOTE!!
VOTE NO! ask questions later!

OffRoutesPay

Why would Tim tell members to vote no? After union supposedly fought so hard for? Our supplement! That doesn't make any sense!! Board members have been endorsing this supplement since we heard it was done!! Quote! I wish there was something bad here but there isn't! We didn't loose anything.

Yes I agree but they are endorsing it because of the agreed pension increase. That's the heart and soul of the negotiations.

newtothis

Hey one more thing. Does anyone know if Nassau County Police has been requested to make a presence on Sunday like the Lake Success Police was asked at the 2nd general membership meeting of this current executive board. 804brown can you answer that.... I mean what a shame that we have to have a police presence at a FAMILY meeting. After all aren't we all BROTHERS and SISTERS!!! We should be ashamed of ourselves if we have to tie the cops up from real police work just to oversee a FAMILY meeting

OffRoutesPay

Any tentative agreement that allows part time union members doing full time union members work for less money, less pension, less health coverage deserves a NO VOTE!!

Really? What about all the part time air drivers and preloaders that have been doing drivers work for 20.... That was OK, this is a big step to close the gap, this is the best supplement since Carey hands down. Plus our board got you guys a agreed 400 dollar pension increase... (sucks I'm retired lol)
Anyone that complains about this supplement after reading it does so because they want to be in the hall.

newtothis

newtothis

Really? What about all the part time air drivers and preloaders that have been doing drivers work for 20.... That was OK, this is a big step to close the gap, this is the best supplement since Carey hands down. Plus our board got you guys a agreed 400 dollar pension increase... (sucks I'm retired lol)
Anyone that complains about this supplement after reading it does so because they want to be in the hall.

Best supplement? Have you seen it. Sounds like you have. But how would that be if its still being finalized

member6045

So board thought it made perfect sense to guy our local and give away essentially everything for a 300 dollars more a month. Doesn't seem right! Reckless to be honest!

We should take whatever monies are given and wait! Like most other responsible people do and get the raise the right way! Tell the company no thanks and get off your knees begging. We are 804.

bigd

Currently our pension fund is at 66%, so if we just take the increase in contributions towards the pension and health care given by the companies plus a modest 7% yearly return on investments from the market within 36 months We could be looking at have our pension fund level to be about 85% which give us an increase in our pension!
So Mr. Tim S get off your knees (I know it might take you a long time) an stop begging!
Give us back coffee bonus!
Give us back Election Day!
Give us back health care coverage we deserve!
By the way Mr. Tim S when are you going to inform the membership about the arbitrator decision against our health care fund?
Sunday might be a good opportunity for you sir to come clean in front of the membership, after you went down on ups for this monstrosity you so call the best contract ever!

OffRoutesPay

So board thought it made perfect sense to guy our local and give away essentially everything for a 300 dollars more a month. Doesn't seem right! Reckless to be honest!

We should take whatever monies are given and wait! Like most other responsible people do and get the raise the right way! Tell the company no thanks and get off your knees begging. We are 804.

The right way??? You guys wouldn't get a raise in your pension until maybe after 2018.
I believed in William Buhlert, he was totally full of it. If our old board did what Tim did and stood up to the IBT, got the members involved my pension would be $5000.

newtothis

Currently our pension fund is at 66%, so if we just take the increase in contributions towards the pension and health care given by the companies plus a modest 7% yearly return on investments from the market within 36 months We could be looking at have our pension fund level to be about 85% which give us an increase in our pension!
So Mr. Tim S get off your knees (I know it might take you a long time) an stop begging!
Give us back coffee bonus!
Give us back Election Day!
Give us back health care coverage we deserve!
By the way Mr. Tim S when are you going to inform the membership about the arbitrator decision against our health care fund?
Sunday might be a good opportunity for you sir to come clean in front of the membership, after you went down on ups for this monstrosity you so call the best contract ever!

Hey off routes answer this

newtothis

Off routes it seems you know a lot for a retiree. My hat is off to you for staying so involved. Can you just clear the air on your "retirement"... By that do you mean collecting a pension for your years of service at ups or do you mean putting a suit and tie on everyday and reporting to the union hall. Because that to could be deemed a retirement job