Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

newtothis

We where given nothing! We gave everything and UPS didn't give us $0.01 more than we received in last contract! We should have gotten something good for Election Day! Maybe 5 million per year of the contract? And a chance to get it back when we hit proper funding levels.
Extending peak bye 16 days? Allowing company to avoid paying higher wages and not permitting people to make book! its still busy in NY. 5 million per year for life of contract.
$hi#! We should have ATLEAST gotten control of our part timers pension for giving up this alone! Part timers are fitting the screws put to them also! Don't matter how much money they make! It's going right back out! I can only assume local doesn't want them!!! They will harm our fund in there eyes??

not what i voted for

That is why I thanked the members of 804 for the pension increase because the changes that were made UPS will gain on over the next contract and the concessions to them will never be regained.
Thanks again I will take the money and run, sorrry I have to go through another peak maybe I'll get some new helpers or drivers to help me.

bigd

We all know that the time to accumulate wealth is while you still working not when you retired, the fact the most of you with 25+ of service can't afford to retired is a testament that we can't afford this contract! there will be too many consequences to overcome later.
Most of you with 25+ had opportunities like thrift plan, #13 check, split stocks etc.. But I understand a lot of you can't afford to retired, NY is one of the highest cost of living in the nation!

If we give up the package car division now an we allow part timers to perform the same work for less money, less health care and less pension, that will be the beginning of the end for all of us including our pension!
Combo job preload-driver helper that will mean less overtime that we need In order to survive in NY! Also less routes running! That will mean less contributions to the pension.

A package car driver job will not be a what it is now!

This contract is a direct assault to the package car driver!

member6045

Lets ask the rest of the ups locals if part time drivers and full time helpers where in there locals? Has it! Or do you think it will reduce over time ???

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Part timer drivers are getting there bad share also!! Doing exact same job as full timer!!! But Not same pay!!! The separation continues!!!

That is the part that truly is screwed up.
​I remember in the hub having a few (maybe 10) friend/T sorters working at about 60% pace of the P/T and getting paid over twice as much.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
We all know that the time to accumulate wealth is while you still working not when you retired, the fact the most of you with 25+ of service can't afford to retired is a testament that we can't afford this contract! there will be too many consequences to overcome later.
Most of you with 25+ had opportunities like thrift plan, #13 check, split stocks etc.. But I understand a lot of you can't afford to retired, NY is one of the highest cost of living in the nation!

If we give up the package car division now an we allow part timers to perform the same work for less money, less health care and less pension, that will be the beginning of the end for all of us including our pension!
Combo job preload-driver helper that will mean less overtime that we need In order to survive in NY! Also less routes running! That will mean less contributions to the pension.

A package car driver job will not be a what it is now!

This contract is a direct assault to the package car driver!

If this garbage passes we are the last of the full time timers! You must vote no! I don't want to strike but we cannot accept this!

Rise up its our damn time now!!

Be well my fellow teamsters!

Last edited:

member6045

Brown_Star! Great post brother, there are many of us who feel the same way as you. I'm sure we can learn a lot from other locals that this Is not what Unions are about!!

INFORM OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO VOTE NO ON 804 SUPPLEMENTS.

bigd

Absolutely! There is a growing number of members that are talking against this contract! From the highest seniority members to part timers!

Remember in the past we have turn down bad contracts and we always come up on top!

WE DESERVE BETTER!!
VOTE NO!

OffRoutesPay

Brown_Star! Great post brother, there are many of us who feel the same way as you. I'm sure we can learn a lot from other locals that this Is not what Unions are about!!

INFORM OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO VOTE NO ON 804 SUPPLEMENTS.

If thats what you feel , stand outside your building and tell the members what you feel. Its your right.

OffRoutesPay

Absolutely! There is a growing number of members that are talking against this contract! From the highest seniority members to part timers!

Remember in the past we have turn down bad contracts and we always come up on top!

WE DESERVE BETTER!!
VOTE NO!

If thats what you feel , stand outside your building and tell the members what you feel. Its your right.

member6045

Inside building outside building, locker room etc. inform all that will listen. We need board to bring us something worthy of us giving a yes vote too! This definitely is not!!