Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

804brown

This clearly is the worst contract we have seen! They can do much better than this! If they are for the members

REALLY?? Worst ever?? Worst than the reduction of staff language than forced layed off clerks into 4.5 hrs?? Worst than not negotiating enough monies to get us through the last contract?? Worst than no pension increase in any local supplements since 2002??Worst than howie/tony/buhlert and co giving up 25 and out and 15 min coffee for new hires? The $.10 they agreed with ups to take from us before we rebelled and pushed them to grow a pair and start working for us. Then we kicked their worthless asses out in the next election. LOL, you really make me laugh...WORST...lol!! Get real.

member6045

Real men don't lick lollipops! Atleast the ones I know. You know this is garbage bye allowing part time america to take our full time jobs. You might as well be sending them to China, your allowing ups to make even more your money without sharing it with the people who made them rich. Maybe your on of those conservatives that think ups is a true success story and unions are horrible and bleeding this country. .

member6045

What's your problem all out of lollipops! Listen I understand your not a true union guy and your thinking about you! I'm sure you have fought the good fight for your members your entire career here? Bet your crowd of followers wait for you to speak, then follow you to lollipop store.

member6045

Clearly the worst supplement since 1997. Part timers in package now! 2018 part timers in feeder. The worst thing about it all! Company is us how much we are not needed and there preparing to run full timers out of here. Part timer are being abused for your increase. They should receive same pay for same work! Look whose making us different!!!

smart girl

Brown_Star! Great post brother, there are many of us who feel the same way as you. I'm sure we can learn a lot from other locals that this Is not what Unions are about!!

INFORM OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO VOTE NO ON 804 SUPPLEMENTS.
We actually have Local 89 step by step explaining what is wrong with this contract. Anyone with an ounce of sense at UPS new or old even our own management if honest does not understand why anyone would sign on for so many unknowns and give backs.

OffRoutesPay

National I agree, Supplement will pass easy too many guys want the 400 pension increase also huge push to put another 30 cents from the first years raise to go up another 300. January 1, 2014 the pension will be $4200 and $4300 August 1, 2017. The members will decided.

bigd

Great wonderful idea!! Tim is taking all our overtime away!! Now he is going to take our raises!!!
AC you go tell Tim he is an idiot!!

Agitator2

Remember those who came before us never sold us out. If this supplement passes it is the beginning of the end. REMEMBER what our founding father said "PART TIME AMERICA WILL NOT WORK." So fat ass gives them part time drivers. The word spreading around is it will NOT pass.

Our voices have been heard !! I'm so happy right now we have a new steward. Hey big Anthony lol r u upset i know your steaming lmao too funny . The members have spoken ! Tim let this be a lesson to you Anthony .c is not liked or respected in 10013

fedupups

Off routes...not sure if u were at meeting but I was...initially Tim said "local in Jersey received a pension increase because they r contributing part of their raises EVERY year to sustain it...so every year our raises will go into a pension increase...not just a once of 35 cents for the first year...even common sense dictates how do u sustain an increase after 1 year with no additional monies going in...

OffRoutesPay

Off routes...not sure if u were at meeting but I was...initially Tim said "local in Jersey received a pension increase because they r contributing part of their raises EVERY year to sustain it...so every year our raises will go into a pension increase...not just a once of 35 cents for the first year...even common sense dictates how do u sustain an increase after 1 year with no additional monies going in...

Yes I was at the meeting, I heard that Jersey will put in 30 cents from the 70 cents they are getting Aug 1, but I believe that 30 will keep going in forever. Aug 1, 2014 nothing from the next 70 cents will go in. Just the same 30. I hope you guys don't vote yes on putting money in the pension from your raises. It opens a door that will never close. I left ups as a feeder driver, I know that all the senior guys will be pushing for the extra money in the pension. No reason to put raises in the pension or medical it will only show ups that when the next contract comes around to have you guys put more money in.

member6045

Your thinking will kill us and the unborn. I may be willing to give the majority of my raise this year to sure up the pension fund on our own and tell ups no thanks for the bs you wanted from the members of local 804!!

UNBELIEVABLE

Can anyone explain why in the letter of agreement signed by chris langan on 5/17/2013. Also in the supplement agreement page 9. 3(c) on each august 1 of the contract, fifteen cents ($0.15) of the available one dollar ($1.00) shall be retained by the company to be applied towards the cost of paragraph 1).

UNBELIEVABLE

WHY WOULD WE AGREE TO HAVE PART-TIME (VCD) DO FULL-TIME PACKAGE WORK FOR $21.00 WHEN THEY SHOULD GET PAID FULL-TIME WAGES, MORE IMPORTANTLY VCD WILL MAKE NO CONTRIBUTION IN THE PENSION FUND. TWO FREE PERIODS, ANOTHER FEEDER LIST, 7MONTHS OF PART-TIME WORK(IF THIS IS NOT P/T AMERICA THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU CALL THIS). CENTERS ARE OVER 4-6 DRIVERS EVERY DAY. DRIVERS ARE GIVEN SCHEDULED DAYS OFF, OPEN YOUR EYES MEMBERS THESE VCD WILL NEVER BECOME DRIVERS. YOU WILL ONLY BE PRE-QUALIFIED UPS WILL SEE TO IT YOU DON'T MAKE FULL-TIME DRIVER. PACKAGE DRIVERS CAN NO LONGER BID ON INSIDE JOBS, ONLY RESERVE POSITIONS( PORTER/CAR-WASHER). THIS IS FOR P/T ONLY. VCD TAKING AWAY OUR OVER-TIME, DOING OUR WORK FOR LESS WAGES. HOW LONG CAN OUR PENSION SUSTAIN THIS ACCRUAL RATE TO MAINTAIN $3,900 BEFORE THE FUNDING LEVEL DIPS FORCING A REDUCTION IN THE PENSION FUND AFFECTING All ACTIVE MEMBERS AND POSSIBLY FORCING RETIREES MEDICAL TO INCREASE. HELLO!!!!!!!!THOSE WHO ARE CONSIDERING RETIRING THERE GOES YOUR $300 INCREASE IN THE YOUR PENSION. DON'T THINK ABOUT THE MOMENT, WE ALL NEED TO THINK ABOUT THE BETTERMENT AND THE FUTURE OF THIS ONCE POWERFUL LOCAL. YES WE NEEDED A PENSION INCREASE, MEDICAL IMPROVEMENTS, GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE REINFORCED, MORE FULL-TIME JOBS WITH CONTRIBUTION INTO THE PENSION, FORCE THE COMPANY HAND BY NEGOTIATING VALUE OF THE DOLLAR AS A($1.25). I URGE ALL MEMBERS TO RESEARCH THIS SUPPLEMENT BEFORE YOU VOTE. DON'T BE DISTRACTED BY THE$300 INCREASE IN THE PENSION WE COULD OF GOT THAT THREE YEARS AGO. I STRONGLY URGE ALL MEMBERS TO VOTE NO!!!!!! PASS IT ON! VOTE NO! VOTE NO! SAVE OUR LOCAL! VOTE NO!

804brown

Once again this is NOT part time drivers. They would be working a FT 8 hour shift to COVER for extra number of drivers that would now be out on vacation. Yes they would be making $21/hr but if they temporarily hired some one off the street, they would be starting at a lot less AND NO PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS EITHER!!
Also it is NOT 2 free periods. Presently if a part timer works as a driver during peak (free period) THAT TIME DOESNT COUNT towards making book. However NOW if he works during peak plus some days during the summer as VCDs, those days COUNT. If a driver is needed anytime after Jan 15 and Memorial Day or between Labor day and Oct 15 and has accumulated 50 FT days, that top seniority VCD will automatically make FT book. Whats good also is that in the language THE LOCAL will be keeping track of all the hours these VCDs work in order to make sure UPS doesnt cheat, lie or manipulate the system!!
As for OT, from what ive heard where this system has been implemented in other locals, there is plenty of OT. This will be a system to ONLY COVER VACATIONS during the summer. As for me personally I want LESS OT during the summer months when it is 100 degrees out.