Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

OffRoutesPay

From Local 89
"One last point...Rumors say Local 89 endorsed this agreement and the IBT sent a flyer stating that. Let me be perfectly clear. Local 89 did NOT endorse this agreement. Unless you hear me say that, don't take anything for granted. We had posted our Vote No recommendation on our website many weeks in advance of the IBT sending that flyer. They very well knew our position. Let's continue the fight."

HEY BIGD, can you read english????? Do you understand what Fred is staying????? THE IBT LIED ABOUT FRED VOTING YES , JUST LIKE THE IBT LIED ABOUT TIM..... AND MANY OTHER LOCALS STOP WITH YOUR BS

Agitator2

From Local 89
"One last point...Rumors say Local 89 endorsed this agreement and the IBT sent a flyer stating that. Let me be perfectly clear. Local 89 did NOT endorse this agreement. Unless you hear me say that, don't take anything for granted. We had posted our Vote No recommendation on our website many weeks in advance of the IBT sending that flyer. They very well knew our position. Let's continue the fight."

Exactly, then they should grow a pair of balls and come out and explain it to our membership the way the president of local 89 did.

HEY BIGD, can you read english????? Do you understand what Fred is staying????? THE IBT LIED ABOUT FRED VOTING YES , JUST LIKE THE IBT LIED ABOUT TIM..... AND MANY OTHER LOCALS STOP WITH YOUR BS

newtothis

HEY GENIUS, you show us one place this e-board said publicly they didn't support the national contract. FACT is, they didn't. The more you post the more you sound like that poor excuse of a human being KR.

Ok, were you at the last union meeting?? I was. Neil Obrien, a trustee and member of the E/B, publicly stated AT THAT MEETING, that he did not support the national TA.
"Poor excuse of a human being". You must be a former board member the way you speak about other union members.

Hold the phone!!! 804brown you say agitator 2 must be a former board member for the way he speaks to other union members. Wtf is the difference from the way he speaks vs the way the current Vice President of our local speaks. At least agitator 2 isn't threatening anyone. You can't say that about Pete. Oh that's right you said he yelled at that Nassau shop steward... Well we shall see what the higher authority has to say about it

newtothis

HEY GENIUS, you show us one place this e-board said publicly they didn't support the national contract. FACT is, they didn't. The more you post the more you sound like that poor excuse of a human being KR.

Ok, were you at the last union meeting?? I was. Neil Obrien, a trustee and member of the E/B, publicly stated AT THAT MEETING, that he did not support the national TA.
"Poor excuse of a human being". You must be a former board member the way you speak about other union members.

Hold the phone!!! 804brown you say agitator 2 must be a former board member for the way he speaks to other union members. Wtf is the difference from the way he speaks vs the way the current Vice President of our local speaks. At least agitator 2 isn't threatening anyone. You can't say that about Pete. Oh that's right you said he yelled at that Nassau shop steward... Well we shall see what the higher authority has to say about it

804brown can you answer whats the difference in the way you say agitator 2 speaks to members vs the way VP Pete does

member6045

804 brown you attempt to play optimistic about holding our E-board to scrutiny! You speak of all the good they have done since taking office! Let's hear from you! Let's hear how examples if you the missed the mark in issues! I have seen many! Others have too!! Let's hear from there #1 supporter

member6045

804 brown:

It's clear you are the#1 supporter of our E-board! No problem! But you say that you will hold whose in charge accountable. I've seen many errors bye current board. Let us know what you have seen done wrong and have you expressed your concerns on bc and to the board!!!

Inthegame

read the supplement agreement, there is no guarantee on the pension increase!
Well now I know it's true, even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut. Finally a post with logic! Yes Tom READ the supplement. All L804 members should READ the supplement. See where protections now exist in well crafted language that provides avenues for existing Teamster part timers to advance, to earn more dollars, while allowing 5% more summer vacations to seniority drivers to spend a week with their families. While you're at it read other supplements and see how L804 is the lone ranger in 10% vacations. EVERYBODY else gets increases in summer vacations EXCEPT L804. READ the supplement and see where that .15 is really going. READ the supplement and see that ONLY L804 (no other Local in the country has this deal) gets an extra $1.75 per straight time hour into their Pension. So add it up Einstein, everyone else gets $1.00. L804 gets $.85 + $1.75 = $2.60 into Trust Funds! Read some old supplements Tom and tell me where language ever existed that guarateed Pension increases? Pension trustees and only pension trustees can adjust benefit levels. L804 has the green light upon ratification to improve to the announced levels. The world (outside of your delusional space) knows this. UPS can't back away.
You guys should really wait til next year to start your campaign. You're hurting yourself and ALL L804 members with your agenda based political attacks on this superior deal.

member6045

Well now I know it's true, even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut. Finally a post with logic! Yes Tom READ the supplement. All L804 members should READ the supplement. See where protections now exist in well crafted language that provides avenues for existing Teamster part timers to advance, to earn more dollars, while allowing 5% more summer vacations to seniority drivers to spend a week with their families. While you're at it read other supplements and see how L804 is the lone ranger in 10% vacations. EVERYBODY else gets increases in summer vacations EXCEPT L804. READ the supplement and see where that .15 is really going. READ the supplement and see that ONLY L804 (no other Local in the country has this deal) gets an extra $1.75 per straight time hour into their Pension. So add it up Einstein, everyone else gets $1.00. L804 gets $.85 + $1.75 = $2.60 into Trust Funds! Read some old supplements Tom and tell me where language ever existed that guarateed Pension increases? Pension trustees and only pension trustees can adjust benefit levels. L804 has the green light upon ratification to improve to the announced levels. The world (outside of your delusional space) knows this. UPS can't back away.
You guys should really wait til next year to start your campaign. You're hurting yourself and ALL L804 members with your agenda based political attacks on this superior deal.

Blind squirrels? You an animal whisper guy now too! I know you just talked about vacations but how many vacations will be given? And it was written so that company will have a field day off treating our men and women like day laborers! Contract states! NO LESS THAN 10% !! That means they can give 30% of drivers off or more!! This is only in package too

member6045

Blind squirrels? You an animal whisper guy now too! I know you just talked about vacations but how many vacations will be given? And it was written so that company will have a field day off treating our men and women like day laborers! Contract states! NO LESS THAN 10% !! That means they can give 30% of drivers off or more!! This is only in package too

What you call a path to full time! Is calling part timers illegal immigrates and not worthy of being in our union! To accept that is fine to under pay these unions members is unbelievable and you still! Don't get it!and what this could mean for the rest of full timers coming in to ups! Ups has wanted this since 1980s! Your no better than the alleged elimination of 25 and out! Your gonna eliminate the FULL TIME JOB.

member6045

What you call a path to full time! Is calling part timers illegal immigrates and not worthy of being in our union! To accept that is fine to under pay these unions members is unbelievable and you still! Don't get it!and what this could mean for the rest of full timers coming in to ups! Ups has wanted this since 1980s! Your no better than the alleged elimination of 25 and out! Your gonna eliminate the FULL TIME JOB.
It's clearl that you think we are stupid and unable to draw a conclusion about our future! That we need a spin doctor to make our fears from a bad deal go away. We see and hear bad deals daily! Don't forget! We are at every loading dock and we talk to our loaders and unloaders on a daily basis. I'm sure you only speak to people who only share your views?? Resistance doesn't go well for you! Do you start to act like Pete , Liam Tim or mark when your out shined in verbal battle?

Inthegame

Bigd, 6045 or whoever you really are, consider having someone read the language TO you as you obviously can't read or understand what is written. If UPS granted 30% vacations weeks in the summer how would that be a problem? So you'd rather be forced off in February (all that's left) than July? Existing language in place now allows 10% MINIMUM, which means they can increase to any % including 30%. Do they allow 30% ever?
In locations that allow 17% off in summer, UPS historically keeps it at the minimum. Then they hire "seasonals" at $16.10 to cover. Your guys negotiated $21.00 for existing pt Teamsters, better than anywhere else and you tell members it's bad. Whack job.

OffRoutesPay

YOU are 100% CORRECT this is part of the reason its a very good supplement.

member6045

Bigd, 6045 or whoever you really are, consider having someone read the language TO you as you obviously can't read or understand what is written. If UPS granted 30% vacations weeks in the summer how would that be a problem? So you'd rather be forced off in February (all that's left) than July? Existing language in place now allows 10% MINIMUM, which means they can increase to any % including 30%. Do they allow 30% ever?
In locations that allow 17% off in summer, UPS historically keeps it at the minimum. Then they hire "seasonals" at $16.10 to cover. Your guys negotiated $21.00 for existing pt Teamsters, better than anywhere else and you tell members it's bad. Whack job.

It is bad! Our part timers receive ground rate/ top rate pay for the day if they deliver a box!!! THE END. We are very sorry about the rest of the country truly!! But don't make there problems! Our problems!

Last edited:

OffRoutesPay

Did you even read that first??? You real think they will give 30% off??? I'll bet your not a driver that for sure you think they can cover 30 routes that easy?????? And you think our 804 drivers will work like laborers wake up , if 30 are on vac then they can use 30 parttimers , no way in hell that 30 parttimers can do those routes alot of missed pcs......

OffRoutesPay

It is bad! Our part timers receive ground rate for the day if they deliver a box!!! THE END. We are very sorry about the rest of the country truly!! But don't make there problems! Our problems!

part timers have been getting 15.98 for 5 years delevering grounds and gaining nothing. this will fix a hugh problem...

member6045

It is bad! Our part timers receive ground rate for the day if they deliver a box!!! THE END. We are very sorry about the rest of the country truly!! But don't make there problems! Our problems!

part timers have been getting 15.98 for 5 years delevering grounds and gaining nothing. this will fix a hugh

Last time! Listen! Part timers get ground rate for all work performed for day 32.32 an hour! That even if he did preload work before driving he gets ground rate!

bigd

In locations that allow 17% off in summer, UPS historically keeps it at the minimum. Then they hire "seasonals" at $16.10 to cover. Your guys negotiated $21.00 for existing pt Teamsters, better than anywhere else and you tell members it's bad. Whack job.[/QUOTE

Currently the language states "10% maximum" clearly you don't know what you are talking about!
Yes other local have more than 10% why? Because they have seasonal or VCDs, local804 will never go for that!
Other locals in PA have implemented two round vacation picks. Here is an idea from that website;

Vacation picks should be done in two rounds;
a). First round - the entire calendar year will be open, starting in seniority order everyone would be allowed to pick one week of vacation with a maximum of 3% to 4% per week of the available 10%.
b). Second round - the remaining 7% to 6% of the available 10% will be done top to bottom in seniority order.

We as brother and sister can do this I don't understand why we have to put the company in the middle! Now go tell Tim that you came up with that idea.

member6045

The part timers don't like VCD! You do realize that as a part timer, when you deliver ground not only do you get top pay but! If you deliver ground 40 out of 70 days! you are now a full time! with benefits!!! So why would I want to work from memorial to Labor Day and it mean absolutely nothing but I saved ups a ton of money!!