Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

member6045

The part timers don't like VCD! You do realize that as a part timer, when you deliver ground not only do you get top pay but! If you deliver ground 40 out of 70 days! you are now a full time! with benefits!!! So why would I want to work from memorial to Labor Day and it mean absolutely nothing but I saved ups a ton of money!!

Just bye the lack of knowledge I wonder how many part timers should be full time and don't even know it!! Talking about throwing money away! There might be 50 to 100 of these people out there to enhance our pension.

OffRoutesPay

Just bye the lack of knowledge I wonder how many part timers should be full time and don't even know it!! Talking about throwing money away! There might be 50 to 100 of these people out there to enhance our pension.
That agree with 100%, the problem is the company feels it's up to them if someone makes book, this has gone on for 80, ups is know for 29 and out , now 39, where we lost our strength is when Howard started catering to the part timers for votes. Remember years ago besides drivers on air drivers did ground but once the company laid them off it open the door to driver helpers, why is that rate even in the book? There are over 200 part timers ever day doing ground making 15.98

bigd

Exactly! this Eboard can't even police the existing rules! For example where is Mark Holmes, Chris Williams and why haven't they lost their jobs!
Remember this words "24 hours representation"

bigd

I love it! now everything that is said about Tim and Co. Is political! What a joke not even the youngsters are believing the BS..

UNBELIEVABLE

I would like to know when will Tim and co. going to have a emergency general meeting or stewards meeting regarding contract talks.....and before moving forward Tim should demand that all members discharged on an non-cardinal sin must be reinstated before any talks resume, and respect article 7...especially when ups amitted mis-using the technology language stated in national TA......Tim and his house laywers need to take ups back to arbitration on that alone......inrespect to the part-timers voting....maybe part-timers vote should be consider as an half of vote being that everything they get is a half.....holiday pay,hours work,sick,oph..etc

member6045

That agree with 100%, the problem is the company feels it's up to them if someone makes book, this has gone on for 80, ups is know for 29 and out , now 39, where we lost our strength is when Howard started catering to the part timers for votes. Remember years ago besides drivers on air drivers did ground but once the company laid them off it open the door to driver helpers, why is that rate even in the book? There are over 200 part timers ever day doing ground making 15.98

200? Part timers not getting top pay for delivering ground? Getting 15.98? What building? which BA failed it members. The E board should leave the grievance procedure alone too! They don't know what there doing!!!

newtothis

804Brown we still got something outstanding that needs to be cleared up:

What's being done about the Vice President of our local threatening a Nassau shop steward

I mean Chris gets promoted for fighting a member.

Liam is already god

Tim is the president

So what can we make Pete

I know I know.

His new title is POS

bigd

The Review part 1.
Tim's era and his mob stylistic way of conducting business!
* Liam is going out to Long Island (Melville) showing other executive board members how to threaten shop stewards.
* MH was right there and neither could figure out this was wrong.
* The steward from Melville tried to get Tim to address the situation at a general membership meeting. As always Tim tried to silence the steward but the members stood up and didn't allow Tim to disrespect the steward!
* When Chris threatened a member from 43rd they got into a physical altercation. For that action by Chris got a promotion by Tim ! Chris is now the midnight BA for Nassau. I guess Tim still doesn't know where Mark is!
* At our last general membership meeting Tim addressed a steward from the Bronx in a unprofessional and disrespectful way. With all members and kids present, he told the steward quote "shut up and sit down"
* Now we have the vice president threatening a steward from nassau telling him quote " your days are numbered" because the steward expressed his dissatisfaction with the tentative agreement. The same agreement that 62% of the members voted down.
This and many other actions by this Eboard have had a negative impact to our local to the point that a lot of good and experience stewards had to step down! It is time for Tim to start acting accordingly to the position he holds!

Last edited by a moderator:

OffRoutesPay

Rumor has it that all supplements have been approved for an extension. Is this true or what. And if so how long.

LOL what that means is you guys are :censored2:.... You think you know it all vote no we will get something better... fools, Ups and the IBT doesn't like 804 so the plan by Tim was use the fact that ups and the ibt want a TA get the best supplement you can vote it in and run. No, to many know it alls... Now 804 has no leverage no badly needed pension increase and over what VCD????

When are the people from that website going to have the balls to say who they are??

Wow so Tim was right again......

Last edited:

OffRoutesPay

200? Part timers not getting top pay for delivering ground? Getting 15.98? What building? which BA failed it members. The E board should leave the grievance procedure alone too! They don't know what there doing!!!

From what I heard its happening in 9 out of 13 buildings. All cases are waiting for arbitration. 10 years.....

OffRoutesPay

I must say I truly hope that the members of Local 804 some how get what they deserve, because no one works harder or longer hours.

I PRAY FOR EVERYONE OF MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

PLEASE REMEMBER

IN UNITY THERE IS STRENGTH

bigd

No leverage? You have no idea! Read my friend;

TEAMSTERS, UPS AGREE TO EXTEND CURRENT UPS NATIONAL CONTRACT
June 28, 2013
The Teamsters Union and UPS have agreed to an extension of the current UPS National Master Agreement and all Supplements, Riders and Addenda. The extension does not have a specific end date, but can be terminated by either side with a 30-day notice.
This means that all of the current Agreements will remain in place until the Supplements that did not receive a majority of votes have been re-voted and agreed to. Any increases in wages, pensions and health and welfare contributions that were agreed to in the new National Master Agreement will be made retroactively to August 1, 2013 but will not take effect until the Supplements have been re-voted and agreed to.
In addition, UPS has agreed not to implement the increase in retiree contributions to retiree health insurance on August 1, 2013 as set forth in letters that were sent out to Retirees in December of 2012.

What more do you want? Fact is that master agreement can't be ratified until all supplementals are agree by the members! You guys have a marvelous opportunity here! Stop crying! get to work! Tim you beg the members for years to give you an opportunity! So do your job!

OffRoutesPay

CAN YOU READ OR ARE YOU KIDDING ME. ITS IN ENGLISH......

YOU COULD BE STUCK WITH THE CURRENT SUPPLEMENT FOR MONTHS.... SEPT, OCT, NOV, DEC the BEGINNING OF NEXT YEAR....

IN THE IBT's EYES IT RATIFIED NO ONE CAN STRIKE, IF VOTED DOWN AGAIN THE IBT HAS THE RIGHT TO FORCE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT.........

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW......

OffRoutesPay

Why did you say "You guys have a marvelous opportunity" and not " WE have a marelous opportunity"

are you even part of Local 804? management? or a retired old board member....

ITS ANTHONY D. EVERYBODY are you typing in one of your $4,000 suits??

Last edited:

joseph

Hey! Tim S, you know why the members voted no on the supplements. Come closer,let me whisper it in your ear, because it "SUCKS". What were you thinking letting Liam R negotiate, what did you and the rest of your board do while he negotiated, sit there with your index finger up your butt. I have had managers asking me why did you guys vote it down, seems to me this E/B and UPS are the only ones that liked it. This was the goose that laid the golden egg for UPS. The members were about to get screwed once again, it reminded me when this E/B was first elected, management was so happy they were telling the members you did the write thing, they were telling us who to vote for. And whoever is posting on here how great the supplements are, this is UPS your negotiating with, they are not saints, before they cross their T's and dot their I's they know how many of their workers their screwing. And for the shop steward in the Stonybrook center, if you think this E/B are geniuses, I feel sorry for the drivers on your center.