Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

804brown

A pension increase would be great for the members of local 804! Look at what you are willing to give up to get your 300.00 extra! Or 3600.00 a year! Then 400 for last year of contract. First! you will take 450.00 a week out of a part time driver weekly salary if they deliver ground daily! or 23,400.00 a year! Does That makes sense to you! Clear savings to the company. Huge sacrifice for a young member! I don't think you would have done it if you where them!
How many times does it have to be explained to you: that part timer would be working 3 or 4 or maybe 5 hours loading a truck at his present pay. If he is used as a VCD he get 8 hours at $21/hr and the experience of doing a route and now he is on a path to making full time book. Again he is GAINING money , NOT losing anything. Only in your closed little sky is falling mind!!

member6045

A pension increase would be great for the members of local 804! Look at what you are willing to give up to get your 300.00 extra! Or 3600.00 a year! Then 400 for last year of contract. First! you will take 450.00 a week out of a part time driver weekly salary if they deliver ground daily! or 23,400.00 a year! Does That makes sense to you! Clear savings to the company. Huge sacrifice for a young member! I don't think you would have done it if you where them!
How many times does it have to be explained to you: that part timer would be working 3 or 4 or maybe 5 hours loading a truck at his present pay. If he is used as a VCD he get 8 hours at $21/hr and the experience of doing a route and now he is on a path to making full time book. Again he is GAINING money , NOT losing anything. Only in your closed little sky is falling mind!!

I will debate you on this issue forever. A part time Air Driver presently receives 32.32 an hour If hehe delivers or pickups Any ground packages! When this happens the Air Driver is paid 32.32 for the entire day. So why would an air driver except 21.00 to deliver and pickup same packages!!! With that being said we have over 2500 part timers? I'm sure not one will work 50 plus days to prequalify in a year! Sure the can use 100 a week in the local and still not go through all!! Idk? Ask your wife!! Stay to the topic or get embarrassed!!

804brown

I will debate you on this issue forever. A part time Air Driver presently receives 32.32 an hour If hehe delivers or pickups Any ground packages! When this happens the Air Driver is paid 32.32 for the entire day. So why would an air driver except 21.00 to deliver and pickup same packages!!! With that being said we have over 2500 part timers? I'm sure not one will work 50 plus days to prequalify in a year! Sure the can use 100 a week in the local and still not go through all!! Idk? Ask your wife!! Stay to the topic or get embarrassed!!
Listen if a part time air driver wants to be a VCD, he will NO LONGER BE A PART TIME AIR DRIVER. He would be getting at least 45 hours a week at $21/hr.
As for the 2500 part timers, lol. UPS would be lucky to find enough members with clean licenses AND know how to drive stick shift. Plus it works BY SENIORITY so the 50 day should not be a problem. Hmmm, don't feel embarrassed at all!!

not what i voted for

Listen if a part time air driver wants to be a VCD, he will NO LONGER BE A PART TIME AIR DRIVER. He would be getting at least 45 hours a week at $21/hr.
As for the 2500 part timers, lol. UPS would be lucky to find enough members with clean licenses AND know how to drive stick shift. Plus it works BY SENIORITY so the 50 day should not be a problem. Hmmm, don't feel embarrassed at all!!

So let me see if I understand what you are saying. UPS will be lucky to fill the VCD need? So if they can't get part timers how do they increase the number of drivers to go on vacation ? Who is going to train these VCD ? Are they guaranteed to work five days covering a driver on vacation , are they on the day off schedule ? I didn't see where it said they were guaranteed 40 hours. You should talk to some of the part timers trying to make book and see how many hours they work? You make it sound so good I bet you have a car to sell.

bigd

Let me answer you with one of my post from 5/26/2013;
Currently in my building we have 6,7 and 8months inside trainees making book as full time drivers, so I asked my steward why is the company allowing insiders to go full time driving with less than one year on the job?
He said because there are many members on the full time driving list but a lot of part timers don't know how to drive stick shift, they have points on their license, moving violation tickets or suspended licenses in the past year.

So I ask, where is the company going to get drivers to cover vacations if 60 to 70% of part time employees have problems with their licenses or don't know how to drive stick shift? Anyone, anyone?

Ok. I will tell you, THE STREET!!. And what is our brilliant union going to do? File grievances then go in front of an arbitrator? Yeah great!! Does anyone know about OPERATING NEEDS OF THE COMPANY!

bigd

Currently part timers have over 200 out of 365 days to make book on a calendar year! Under Tim S. and Co. part timers will have less than 100 out 365 days to make book! Now tell me how is this better for our locals future? how is this not selling the unborn? how are we going to keep our pension a float?

OffRoutesPay

Currently part timers have over 200 out of 365 days to make book on a calendar year! Under Tim S. and Co. part timers will have less than 100 out 365 days to make book! Now tell me how is this better for our locals future? how is this not selling the unborn? how are we going to keep our pension a float?

So that outweighs everything else? What a clown, stop typing.

Last edited by a moderator:

member6045

Vacation Coverage Drivers give Local 804 members who are part-timers a better way to become a package driver. VCDs will be paid more money than a driver on a training route. And it will be easier for a VCD to qualify as a driver too. VCDs can qualify as drivers during peak season. If a VCD works 50 days in any two coverage periods, he/she is automatically qualified as a package driver. When a spot opens up, they do not have to complete 40 in 70. They are already qualified. This is from Local 804 website! Ask a Cover driver is this true! (VCDs will be paid more money than a driver on a training route.) Can a VCD be sent back to there classification for poor performance without notification or any wrong doing? What happens to a VCD if they are asked to work a week that's there scheduled vacation week. 40 in 70 is only for initial retention of making book. why are you adding it to next classification. VCD Should only need 30 in 60

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
are the vacation drivers qualified to drive ? do they all have commercial drivers license and a dot card. do they drive stick ? im here over 29 years and we have to have cdl and dot card to drive here in nyc 43rd st

OffRoutesPay

are the vacation drivers qualified to drive ? do they all have commercial drivers license and a dot card. do they drive stick ? im here over 29 years and we have to have cdl and dot card to drive here in nyc 43rd st

Your here 29 years and need a CDL????? are u serious the CDL was dropped in NYC to drive for UPS 10 years , no way your from 43rd st , everyone knows that , try to fix this one....

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
its not upto ups to decide. its upto the dot and dept of motor vehicles. also depends on vehicle weight. ups can drop it all they want, but state dot regulations and dmv rules trump ups rules. dot is required. some of the cars at 43rd st still have air brakes which require q cdl. we still have some over 26,000 lbs trucks that also require a cdl

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
this is from the upsjobs.com website Please note that certain positions may also require additional qualifications, such as a commercial drivers license (“A” or “B”), Department of Transportation certifications

member6045

The best contract ever has been removed from the local 804 website!! Don't think I saw national either? Hmmm. Looks like we are gonna get same contract again! Just changing article #!

OffRoutesPay

What are the needs for All of local 804 members in our next contract. What are we willing accept and give back to reach a deal with ups!

WOW thats amazing , yes lets reach out to every member, more then half didn't even vote , 95% of the membership doesn't even go to the General membership meeting.

Funny sounds like what your thinking is we should do is a survey? GREAT idea, OOO we had one of those and what came back Pension, better arbitration, protect clerks, car wash jobs and new jobs. HEY we should get a supplement that has that.

GREAT IDEA MEMBER 6045

OffRoutesPay

My Uncle worked with Local his whole life rebuilding them and helping them " sorry can't say his name"

He always says a contract is a living breathing book that is always worked on a little at a time. When I talked to him about 804 supplement and what was in it, he said you guys are stealing from UPS,

UPS really must want to get this done, take advantage of it. He also said in 5 years if something is not working well like lets say VCD it can be removed if its that important and the membership is behind it. So if VCD were hurting 804 and not making full time jobs then get it out. but to get 400 dollar pension, 200 friend/t jobs, guarantee everyone 8 hours and change the grievance way is great.