Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

joseph

Maybe every member that purchased a new car in the last 4 years needs to be investigated. It's a shame you're a poor money manager and can't save for a new boat. Some others, like intelligent members of this board, know how to manage their funds and can buy some toys. Thankfully they are in office and you're not.
Real estate took a hit in 2008 Einstein, which means many locals real estate lost value. 804 Brown clearly and accurately reiterated what was reported openly to all members. Show up and listen once in a while and maybe a few facts will find their way into the cranial cavity.
I am sure the members with new cars worked their butts off for that new car, unlike this E/B, and they would know we're there hard earn money is, thing is, you think this is a joke, the members, in my opinion, the hardest workers in the USA. It's not a joke! Were is the members money!

Inthegame

I am sure the members with new cars worked their butts off for that new car, unlike this E/B, and they would know we're there hard earn money is, thing is, you think this is a joke, the members, in my opinion, the hardest workers in the USA. It's not a joke! Were is the members money!
UPS Teamsters are the hardest working employees in the USA, no doubt about it. And no Tom, I don't think any of this is a joke.
That's why I respond to these politically motivated, reckless attacks on this e-board that you foolishly continue. The Net Asset question has been answered accurately, completely and correctly. Not understanding that is your issue, another false issue to be sure. Take a good long look at past LM-2's. You'll clearly see that Howie and the boys were pulling in $35K a year more than this group. Why weren't you concerned with that spending of MEMBERS money?
This board is doing the job. Period. End of story.
Get used to them, they'll be in office a long time. When this deal is eventually done, hopefully completely intact, the members will understand how well thought out the 804 Supplement really is. And you and your dwindling band of deluded wannabe leaders will continue to be ignored.

joseph

UPS Teamsters are the hardest working employees in the USA, no doubt about it. And no Tom, I don't think any of this is a joke.
That's why I respond to these politically motivated, reckless attacks on this e-board that you foolishly continue. The Net Asset question has been answered accurately, completely and correctly. Not understanding that is your issue, another false issue to be sure. Take a good long look at past LM-2's. You'll clearly see that Howie and the boys were pulling in $35K a year more than this group. Why weren't you concerned with that spending of MEMBERS money?
This board is doing the job. Period. End of story.
Get used to them, they'll be in office a long time. When this deal is eventually done, hopefully completely intact, the members will understand how well thought out the 804 Supplement really is. And you and your dwindling band of deluded wannabe leaders will continue to be ignored.
This E/B is pulling in much more, what they leave out of their salary is car allowance I believe is$12,000.00 a year, and no way are they worth the money, as far as am concerned they are stealing.

Inthegame

This E/B is pulling in much more, what they leave out of their salary is car allowance I believe is$12,000.00 a year, and no way are they worth the money, as far as am concerned they are stealing.
2009 (last year of old board)
President
Howie R
$173,179
Vice Pres
Bill B
$150,268
Sec Tres
Anthony M
$156,734
Recording Secretary
Tony D
$159,244

2012 (last year of present board)
President
Tim S
$117,049
Vice Pres
Pete M
$116,372
Sec Tres
Jim R
$115,908
Recording Secretary
David friend
$115,512

If you're infering the current board is getting an unreported auto allowance, so was the old board. The DOL would normally require that allowance listed as a separate expense. No auto allowance was reported on the LM2 for 2009 or 2012.
L804 paid $184,420 more in salary in ONE year to just these four positions. Just think if Howie an Co were still draining the treasury. You'd still have the devalued appraisal plus a salary loss differential of $180K+ each year.
This current board is a double bargain, twice the ability and effort at a huge reduction in expenses. But you of course can't stand the fact that they are successful and your guys are out.

804 member

Did you add the car allowances for all 13 EB members as opposed to 11? And then divide that the numbers of times the EB shows up at each building/year. Or how many grievances have been paid. Or maybe factor in the medical bill that aren't paid. Or how about the members that have been fired full crap in the last 3.5 years.

This is not a political thing that I am pointing out, I am just saying what I and the other guys in the buildings are saying

Inthegame

Did you add the car allowances for all 13 EB members as opposed to 11? And then divide that the numbers of times the EB shows up at each building/year. Or how many grievances have been paid. Or maybe factor in the medical bill that aren't paid. Or how about the members that have been fired full crap in the last 3.5 years.

This is not a political thing that I am pointing out, I am just saying what I and the other guys in the buildings are saying

Are your claims provable or merely anecdotal musings. No I didn't divide apples by oranges and get fruitcakes. (We have an overabundance of those posters on this thread) But I do know L804 as every other Local in the Teamsters has 7 E-Board members not 13. And I know all properly incurred claims on L804's H&W are paid. I'll admit uncertainty whether grievance payments are higher or lower than under past boards.
You won't like hearing this but as a long time steward I've handled hundreds of grievances and never had one employee lose their job without some culpability on the employees part. Conversely I've helped many guilty employees return to work. So because you say a termination was for a crap reason doesn't mean anything without knowing ALL the facts of the case. Once again how many terminations have there really been? Of course you don't know but somebody else said...and he heard...and she claims...
Everything's political my friend...and I figured that you were saying what you were saying without you saying it again.

804brown

I do listen and retain well! But you have a few thousand people who silently look and don't post who where not at the meeting. So answer question! Before someone answers it for you!
Actually it was settled without an arbitrator ruling. It is part of a mediation agreement. The agreement allowed for the increase to be rolled back and reimbursed to the retirees. Also no further increase unless the funds fall below 5 months reserves. Last i heard we have 7 months and it is projected to be 9 months by next year!!
As for the "few thousand people who silently look and dont post",LOL, if you notice the "views" to this thread, it only gets maybe 100 views a day mostly from other BC members from other locals and management too. Do you really think "a few thousand" in our local bother to look at what goes on on the brown cafe?? LOL!!

804brown

The care allowance is the same as it was during the redmond years: $10,000/year. Once again before you make an allegation why dont you make a phone call to a former board member first. Anyway, so you personally think they dont deserve a car allowance?? You dont think people like Neil O*****, the suffolk BA and trustee, who drives 150 miles round trip every day is not worth a car allowance?? "Stealing"?? You are a joke!!

Last edited by a moderator:

804brown

True there are 2 more BAs in the hall (still at a bargain price of about $117K/yr compared to about $150K/yr). That does mean 2 more salaries and 2 more car allowances but it also means more coverage of shifts that never used to get coverage. You know "The Forgotten Teamsters" Ron Carey once spoke about!! Money well spent!!

newtothis

But I do know L804 as every other Local in the Teamsters has 7 E-Board members not 13.
Hey inthegame, here in local 804, we of course have 7 E/B members plus 6 elected BAs. There are also 13 buildings in our local.

So with all that being said where are all of these elected officials.

Is Mark H now teaching hide and go seek to all you guys. Come out when you want something and go hide when we need something

Sunday should be fun. All of you karako suit wearing big apple circus rejects should call the meeting to order and then :censored2: and let the members speak.

No need to hear the :censored2: you have to say. If we wanted to listen to :censored2: we'd listen to the toilet flush

The supplement failed, now let the members tell you why

Last edited:

member6045

So an arbitrator looked at the situation presented to him and the arbitrator never ruled on it??? Wow! So basically you sided with the company for yet another blunder? Yet! You didn't bargain for enough money in the new agreement on healthcare! So now you come up with this deal on retirees? Lets remember this eboard raised the retirees medical back in July of 2010.
Looks like previous administration knew that arbitration wouldn't happen either and raising retirees and this deal where signs of true inexperience. You agreed with the company on the
*Lump sum deduction
* raising retiree healthcare
* moving to blue cross blue shield
* decreasing our disability
* making a Precedents on reserves
I believe you called this being leaders and making the tough decisions. How about you are constantly being played by the company! If it wasn't or the members we would have that horrible contract too! Seems like you only want to make tough decisions! That's not all a leader does! They have ability to see what others don't and the ability to stay one step ahead of the company.

OffRoutesPay

Off routes what was the outcome of that arbitration case

Unlike most people here I made phone calls and even spoke to someone that ran on Howard's slate.
It never went to arbitration because all the trustees agreed on Tim's plan to fix the medical. Howard wasn't going to let it go to arbitration either he had something written up with his lawyers that was going to go in effect after the election. This was in the hands of the fund lawyers, Howards plan was to give up 25 and out, co-pays the same as now all retirees would have a 200 dollars hospital co-pay no matter what. The lawyers from the fund gave this to Tim, he didnt want to loss 25 and out so what he did was change magnacare to bluecross retiree go up 10 percent until the fund it a curtain months reserve.

These were changes that had to be made to stop it from going to arbitration or the plan was looking at 40 and 50 dollar co-pays because thats how messed up the fund was. All of the documents were OK'd by Howard and Bill. Also remember what the fund lawyer said at a GMM that Howard had a meeting set up the day after the vote count to meet with her to OK the changes and after Howard lost the meeting was canceled. Tim walks in to the hall and Howard says "by the way the medical is in arbitration" every thing had to be done in 10 days.

Even the person that ran with Row A said he could not believe how messed up the medical was and that NO one on Row A even told him. It was more important to get re-elected.

newtothis

From 804brown "But I do know L804 as every other Local in the Teamsters has 7 E-Board members not 13.
Hey inthegame, here in local 804, we of course have 7 E/B members plus 6 elected BAs. There are also 13 buildings in our local."

Is Mark H now teaching hide and go seek to all you guys. Come out when you want something and go hide when we need something

Sunday should be fun. All of you karako suit wearing big apple circus rejects should call the meeting to order and then and let the members speak.

No need to hear the you have to say. If we wanted to listen to we'd listen to the toilet flush

newtothis

But I do know L804 as every other Local in the Teamsters has 7 E-Board members not 13.
Hey inthegame, here in local 804, we of course have 7 E/B members plus 6 elected BAs. There are also 13 buildings in our local.

Sunday should be fun. All of you karako suit wearing big apple circus rejects should call the meeting to order and then :censored2: and let the members speak.

No need to hear the :censored2: you have to say. If we wanted to listen to :censored2: we'd listen to the toilet flush

joseph

2009 (last year of old board)
PresidentHowie R$173,179
Vice PresBill B$150,268
Sec TresAnthony M$156,734
Recording SecretaryTony D$159,244

2012 (last year of present board)
PresidentTim S$117,049
Vice PresPete M$116,372
Sec TresJim R$115,908
Recording SecretaryDavid friend$115,512

If you're infering the current board is getting an unreported auto allowance, so was the old board. The DOL would normally require that allowance listed as a separate expense. No auto allowance was reported on the LM2 for 2009 or 2012.
L804 paid $184,420 more in salary in ONE year to just these four positions. Just think if Howie an Co were still draining the treasury. You'd still have the devalued appraisal plus a salary loss differential of $180K+ each year.
This current board is a double bargain, twice the ability and effort at a huge reduction in expenses. But you of course can't stand the fact that they are successful and your guys are out.
Their you go again with those phony made up figures. Members don't believe them anymore. With $400,00,.00 thousand missing of the members hard earn money, you try To B/S us again, putting up a smoke screen. Kenny R the board threw you out because the only courage you had was lying behind your B/S paper. So stop it now, your embarrassing yourself!

Inthegame

Unlike most people here I made phone calls and even spoke to someone that ran on Howard's slate.
It never went to arbitration because all the trustees agreed on Tim's plan to fix the medical. Howard wasn't going to let it go to arbitration either he had something written up with his lawyers that was going to go in effect after the election. This was in the hands of the fund lawyers, Howards plan was to give up 25 and out, co-pays the same as now all retirees would have a 200 dollars hospital co-pay no matter what. The lawyers from the fund gave this to Tim, he didnt want to loss 25 and out so what he did was change magnacare to bluecross retiree go up 10 percent until the fund it a curtain months reserve.

These were changes that had to be made to stop it from going to arbitration or the plan was looking at 40 and 50 dollar co-pays because thats how messed up the fund was. All of the documents were OK'd by Howard and Bill. Also remember what the fund lawyer said at a GMM that Howard had a meeting set up the day after the vote count to meet with her to OK the changes and after Howard lost the meeting was canceled. Tim walks in to the hall and Howard says "by the way the medical is in arbitration" every thing had to be done in 10 days.

Even the person that ran with Row A said he could not believe how messed up the medical was and that NO one on Row A even told him. It was more important to get re-elected.
​Posting factual information is a lost cause with these guys, or I should say guy. Thanks for doing your homework. These sore losers should take a lesson from you.

Inthegame

In the game is just playing with the numbers and facts dont matter to him!!!
If that's the best you can do for a retort, my point that Tim and Co will be in office as long as they choose to run, is PROVEN. Remember the words of President Lincoln, you can't fool all the people all the time. Your days of BS's members are done.

Inthegame

Their you go again with those phony made up figures. Members don't believe them anymore. With $400,00,.00 thousand missing of the members hard earn money, you try To B/S us again, putting up a smoke screen. Kenny R the board threw you out because the only courage you had was lying behind your B/S paper. So stop it now, your embarrassing yourself!
Those "phony made up figures" were provided to the DOL and published as the official LM2. Go back to the bench junior, another weak swing, another strike out.