Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

not what i voted for

No UPS fired them. But i guess it was just a coincidence that 2 of the shop stewards who were running with Tim at the time both got fired and werent offered their jobs back (i guess the wheeling and dealing machine was broken that week!!) Dont know much about sabatino's case but liam's was NOT about dishonesty, etc. It was a production case. And yes the old board is culpable for him losing his arbitration because Donato allowed a clueless, inexperienced lawyer to handle this all important case. Redmond too is culpable because he should have known how important this case was. It set a national precedent that EVERY local has to deal with now!!
More lies.

not what i voted for

Dont fall for this guy's lies. That 1200 number is not the number of members fired. It is a made up number!! I wrote about this last week. The LM2s vary from month to month. The old board also had large variations month to month. Its a slow process but Jim is working to fix the variations. For the first time EVER our board is getting accurate lists of pay role directly from management to cross check with the number of dues paying members. Eventually they will get it right. Also, what isnt realized is that the companies in our outside shops have been laying off their members over the past 4 or 5 years due to the weak economy which lowers the local's overall numbers.

More lies. The LM2 report is once a Year.

member6045

What is the number to date of members that lost their jobs since this current e board took office. You say 1200 is wrong, so can you enlighten us on what the number is
The 1200 number is wrong because it comes from the LM2s which as i say fluctuates. If you really wanted a number you should have attended the union meeting and asked the board yourself. Or visit the hall and have them go over the arbitration docket with you.

Thanks Ken! What's up with the tray on Martin thread???

joseph

Yes JUNIOR! you heard me correctly best supplement we have ever seen.You are correct i have never seen anything from this local as a full timer since Ron Carey.I believed in our last board what did that get me.I cant seem to find it maybe you know more than i do,remind me what they have done for us in the past.Make me a list JUNIOR!!!
Gave us $400.00 dollars into pension since RC got wrongfully expelled from the IBT, before Obama care we were the first union to extend medical to age 23 for our kids going to school, gave us the best medical care in local 804 history and paid our medical bills. . Kept the co-pay as low as possible, retires medical was at $175.00 a month, something they could afford. Yes members do screw up but Howie always stood up for them. In the entire history of local 804 we have never lose as many members as this E/B lost in just four years(1200 members). I could keep going Mr.Bro but you have so much KOOL-AID flowing through your veins I doubt these facts will ever make it to your brain so that maybe you would be able to comprehend what these word actually mean. Now make me laugh and make me a list of your BROS accomplishments, wait don't start yet, okay I found a pencil and paper go ahead I am listening.

Last edited by a moderator:

joseph

Pete :censored2: was in the Nassau building Monday telling drivers that the BOARD and UPS were disappointed the members voted down the T/A. Aw I am so upset. Peter and the company didn't get a chance to screw us. How about this Peter try working to make your members happy and don't worry about UPS, they have gotten plenty off our members blood, sweat and tears.

member6045

Ask the genius Liam and Sabatino. Oh that's right the old board got them fired. Just ask Liam's arbitrator. That will never happen to another 804 member. LOL!
No UPS fired them. But i guess it was just a coincidence that 2 of the shop stewards who were running with Tim at the time both got fired and werent offered their jobs back (i guess the wheeling and dealing machine was broken that week!!) Dont know much about sabatino's case but liam's was NOT about dishonesty, etc. It was a production case. And yes the old board is culpable for him losing his arbitration because Donato allowed a clueless, inexperienced lawyer to handle this all important case. Redmond too is culpable because he should have known how important this case was. It set a national precedent that EVERY local has to deal with now!!
Yea! The precedent is? Don't be stupid as a driver! You get ridden 3 times on a ojs and each time they get more production out of you? You need to have a reason why your not maintaining! Not that it's not my responsibility! Hear arrogance was a key factor in the hearing! Funny no one else has been fired for production in this local since?

teamster 804

Gave us $400.00 dollars into pension since RC got wrongfully expelled from the IBT, before Obama care we were the first union to extend medical to age 23 for our kids going to school, gave us the best medical care in local 804 history and paid our medical bills. . Kept the co-pay as low as possible, retires medical was at $175.00 a month, something they could afford. Yes members do screw up but Howie always stood up for them. In the entire history of local 804 we have never lose as many members as this E/B lost in just four years(1200 members). I could keep going Mr.Bro but you have so much KOOL-AID flowing through your veins I doubt these facts will ever make it to your brain so that maybe you would be able to comprehend what these word actually mean. Now make me laugh and make me a list of your BROS accomplishments, wait don't start yet, okay I found a pencil and paper go ahead I am listening.
Thanks for the history lesson, you forgot to include how they tried to sell us out the last supplement that they negotiated for us.Remember the one that opened the members eyes and they got voted out.Explain to me how we never got a pension raise all of those years,explain to me why our annuity never made any money,explain to me why this wonderful medical you speak of was in such bad financial shape our current local had to make such drastic changes to fix it.OHH i guess its the current boards fault the medical was in bad shape or maybe you think it is all B/S they just wanted to screw us!! I will agree they made a mistake touching retiree medical in my opinion should not have been done you are hurting guys on a fixed income.But i will say it again this was a good supplement.Probably the best we ever saw.All this anger all this hate coming out you guys against current board will get us nowhere fast as a local.Howie is gone the old slate is gone never to return if we dont start working with what we have we all will lose.That is the bottom line here.

member6045

To the cool aid drinkers:

We the non cool-aide drinkers want a real pension increase that is sustainable to all members of local 804! That will stand for everyone everyone who is vested! An accrual rate higher than the current 144.00 for all vested full time employee. So explain how would received raise? How much would ups have given us to come out of critical status and give us a pension increase? We all know an actuaries speaks what ifs? We want facts! Truth! We want to know exact funding levels! What will be our yearly contributions on jan 1, 2014. Will it be over 85% funded?or higher?
Jan ,1 2015
jan 1, 2016
Jan1, 2017
Jan 1, 2018
Are they stating there going to keep us in green zone or better? I understand that a raise can't be given in the red/yellow zone correct? without a sell your soul to the devil deal! So is ups putting yearly lump sums in to keep a higher accrual rate for every member? or is it just what it seems like? your a little boy sitting at the big men table and you don't know what your doing !!!

We will not give away our jobs for a fake pension increase.

member6045

What is the number to date of members that lost their jobs since this current e board took office. You say 1200 is wrong, so can you enlighten us on what the number is
The 1200 number is wrong because it comes from the LM2s which as i say fluctuates. If you really wanted a number you should have attended the union meeting and asked the board yourself. Or visit the hall and have them go over the arbitration docket with you.

Thanks Ken! What's up with the trayvon Martin thread???

joseph

I hear the E/B going on Neil O new boat this weekend, (the bamboozled). I guess they want to see how the members dues money is holding up! Hey Neil did you make a deal with UPS to have the landscapers clean out the trailers, in the Suffolk building, that used to be 804 work?

joseph

Yea! The precedent is? Don't be stupid as a driver! You get ridden 3 times on a ojs and each time they get more production out of you? You need to have a reason why your not maintaining! Not that it's not my responsibility! Hear arrogance was a key factor in the hearing! Funny no one else has been fired for production in this local since?
Only 1200 member?

804 member

More musical chairs as the BA's are getting moved around. Can't we all just get along - The Pete M./ Chris W battle gets Chris moved out of Nassau.

newtothis

I can't believe I'm saying this. But we'd be better with Pete as president. At least he comes around. Tim is learning from Mark Holmes on how to disappear

804brown

First, It is NOT funny when a member gets fired for anything!! Second, you are absolutely wrong. Members have indeed been fired for production since liam's arbitration. But since the new board has been in we have won those arbitrations (unlike the old board!!) Usually it is agreed that the member get re-ojs'ed to new and FAIR numbers!!

804brown

I hear the E/B going on Neil O new boat this weekend, (the bamboozled). I guess they want to see how the members dues money is holding up! Hey Neil did you make a deal with UPS to have the landscapers clean out the trailers, in the Suffolk building, that used to be 804 work?
You "hear"?? You must be hearing things then, fool!! I didnt "hear" this but i KNOW this for a fact: neil did not buy a new boat. He does have a boat, an old boat at that, that he's owned for years!! Your libelous crap has to stop.

Inthegame

You "hear"?? You must be hearing things then, fool!! I didnt "hear" this but i KNOW this for a fact: neil did not buy a new boat. He does have a boat, an old boat at that, that he's owned for years!! Your libelous crap has to stop.
Good luck with that! These guys would run out of words if you limit them to accurate, truthful comments. By the way, did the van full of naysayers make the meeting? I didn't think so...