Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

OffRoutesPay

The constitution may say its o.k..but the members put the I.B.T. in office!!!! With only 51 % voting the national in and 18 locals voting their supplements down Hoffa and Hall will start to think about their futures. If they attempt to push through the supplements without a member vote their days are numbered. The current rhetoric is meant to scare the members into a yes vote. Stand strong....IN UNITY THERE IS STRENGTH.....I wish our E.B. would take the lead to a stronger contract.....Carey would have

Again I don't disagree, rumors say Hoffa and Hall will not run again anyway. So they will care less, We all can WISH but wishing isn't going to help.

Inthegame

I heard the meeting was a joke but that doesn't surprise me. Anyone here want to talk about the reality of whats going on with 804 supplement?

I will.

I feel that Tim and company are going to send out the same supplement again to be voted on, thats because they want it back my Oct 1 and UPS will not change anything.

The problem you guys have is this, when it gets turned down again the IBT will step in and pass it. Then you will have the same supplement with NO PENSION INCREASE. THATS A FACT. because the agreement with the pension is not part of your supplement.

So if the IBT is going to push it though anyway better to vote it in and get the pension increase.

ANYONE HERE THAT SAYS VOTE NO, are only saying it to make the board look bad and don't give a sh/t about the membership.

I understand people feel the supplement su$ks but it will su$k less with a pension increase.
And who says the meeting was a joke? The guys aligned with the past board? Facts are facts and you've touched on a big one. The IBT can and will impose this deal if it gets turned down. No way will a majority of members who've already accepted the National Agreement will now suddenly vote to strike. The IBT knows this so continued negotiations are extremely unlikely, so yes, unless this deal is accepted the LAW (PPA) precludes any pension benefit improvement for L804 unless action is taken by October, action that will only happen if the supplement is ratified. That's not Tim's deal, that's the law. So when stewards/members/BC posters want to argue that point, they show ignorance of process, but of course ignorance hasn't stopped this boards enemies so far so little will change. Lot of good work could be on the way down the drain unless people wake up.

joseph

I heard the meeting was a joke but that doesn't surprise me. Anyone here want to talk about the reality of whats going on with 804 supplement?

I will.

I feel that Tim and company are going to send out the same supplement again to be voted on, thats because they want it back my Oct 1 and UPS will not change anything.

The problem you guys have is this, when it gets turned down again the IBT will step in and pass it. Then you will have the same supplement with NO PENSION INCREASE. THATS A FACT. because the agreement with the pension is not part of your supplement.

So if the IBT is going to push it though anyway better to vote it in and get the pension increase.

ANYONE HERE THAT SAYS VOTE NO, are only saying it to make the board look bad and don't give a sh/t about the membership.

I understand people feel the supplement su$ks but it will su$k less with a pension increase.
BULL. Members still have to vote!

joseph

THAT works great in your fantasy world Enzo but try reading the Teamsters Constitution and wake up. There is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. The IBT has the right to push in a supplement that they feel is a good package. The National passed it's done, can't be re-opened. I agree with your idea only problem is its a dream it can never happen. So if your telling members to vote no because your dream can happen your lying to them. GET THE FACTS FIRST
stop lying, members have to vote it in, this E/B is using scare tactics.

bigd

Show me where in PPA act saids that deadline of oct. 1. Even if that were to be the case I'm voting no again! To all reading this post listen up! If the trustees decide to to give a pension increase! and that is highly unlikely because we are still at 66% funded. that increase will only be for members with 25 years of full time service or more!
3 out of 5 members retiring now at days are getting disability pension which means that they still get the $144 accrual rate per year served!
So if you are a member with 28years of service but 7years are part time you will not get $3900.
You will get 21x144=3024.
VOTE NO! Tell Tim and co. To get a real pension increase by increasing the accrual rate to $152 per year served for All members!

not what i voted for

Show me where in PPA act saids that deadline of oct. 1. Even if that were to be the case I'm voting no again! To all reading this post listen up! If the trustees decide to to give a pension increase! and that is highly unlikely because we are still at 66% funded. that increase will only be for members with 25 years of full time service or more!
3 out of 5 members retiring now at days are getting disability pension which means that they still get the $144 accrual rate per year served!
So if you are a member with 28years of service but 7years are part time you will not get $3900.
VOTE NO! Tell Tim and co. To get a real pension increase by increasing the accrual rate to $152 per year served for All members!

More Truth from Tim and the boys I guess it doesn't have to be explained to the members until they put their papers in. Then they find out the pension that is the best increase in the country is only for members with 25 full time years. Did they go over that at the meeting? A part timer who worked 10 years part time has to work an additional 25 years full time to get the increase. IT DOESN'T STOP WITH THIS E BOARD.

Inthegame

So for political gain you'd end the retirement security of thousands of past and future retirees with reckless actions? Glad Tim and other intelligent people are running the show. I'm reasonably certain you wouldn't understand 10% of the PPA but I'll cliff note it for you. Plans that took funding relief, which was required for red zone plans (that was the situation Tim and co. had handed to them by Howie) must opt out by Oct. to improve any benefit going forward. No blame on anyone here, just facts.
Raising accrual to $152 for all years (including part time for which no contributions were received in L804's fund) would bankrupt the plan.
Vote no all you want, just know that vote will injure many.

Agitator2

THAT works great in your fantasy world Enzo but try reading the Teamsters Constitution and wake up. There is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. The IBT has the right to push in a supplement that they feel is a good package. The National passed it's done, can't be re-opened. I agree with your idea only problem is its a dream it can never happen. So if your telling members to vote no because your dream can happen your lying to them. GET THE FACTS FIRST

And what article is that in the IBT constitution.

member6045

So for political gain you'd end the retirement security of thousands of past and future retirees with reckless actions? Glad Tim and other intelligent people are running the show. I'm reasonably certain you wouldn't understand 10% of the PPA but I'll cliff note it for you. Plans that took funding relief, which was required for red zone plans (that was the situation Tim and co. had handed to them by Howie) must opt out by Oct. to improve any benefit going forward. No blame on anyone here, just facts.
Raising accrual to $152 for all years (including part time for which no contributions were received in L804's fund) would bankrupt the plan.

So you agree! The board lied and didn't tell the truth on who would be effected through increase! Why is it ok to give some a raise and not all! I don't see retirees hours about to be cut from VCD ,helpers and loss of Election Day! You are a spin doctor! The e board are liars that have been exposed!

member6045

So you agree! The board lied and didn't tell the truth on who would be effected through increase! Why is it ok to give some a raise and not all! I don't see retirees hours about to be cut from VCD ,helpers and loss of Election Day! You are a spin doctor! The e board are liars that have been exposed!

It's a bull**** tier system! Your setting a new era! Your not killing new guy! Your screwing everyone that doesn't have 25 years! Where do you get off saying 25+ members need Bump more than I do!

bigd

Vote no all you want, just know that vote will injure many.[/QUOTE]

First of all when the current Eboard
took office our pension funding levels were at 70% in 2010! Now 3 1/2 years later we are at 66% funded! Now lets remember that period of time the market did amazingly good! So where are the intelligent people you speak off?

No one here is talking about part timers pension. We All know who handles that!

Currently there are about 500-600 members with 25years of full time service or more, only those members are going to be the once that are going to get the increase! Everyone else about ( 6,000 members ) are screwed! We can all agree that this company has change in 25years now at day is harder to make at ups for 25years so tell me in the long run who is going to get the increase? When a big number of full timers have to retired sooner due to injuries.

I don't think Tim an co. Should be worry about getting more money when they retired! Don't all of you guys are going to get double pension now?
Even after you character assassinated the previous board for doing the same!!

not what i voted for

took office our pension funding levels were at 70% in 2010! Now 3 1/2 years later we are at 66% funded! Now lets remember that period of time the market did amazingly good! So where are the intelligent people you speak off?

Currently there are about 500-600 members with 25years of full time service or more, only those members are going to be the once that are going to get the increase! Everyone else about ( 6,000 members ) are screwed! We can all agree that this company has change in 25years now at day is harder to make at ups for 25years so tell me in the long run who is going to get the increase? When a big number of full timers have to retired sooner due to injuries.

I don't think Tim an co. Should be worry about getting more money when they retired! Don't all of you guys are going to get double pension now?
Even after you character assassinated the previous board for doing the same!![/QUOTE]

The members are paying for their second pention too !!

member6045

The members are paying for their second pention too !!
[/QUOTE]

HELL NO! NO TIER PENSION FOR 804 MEMBERS

OffRoutesPay

More Truth from Tim and the boys I guess it doesn't have to be explained to the members until they put their papers in. Then they find out the pension that is the best increase in the country is only for members with 25 full time years. Did they go over that at the meeting? A part timer who worked 10 years part time has to work an additional 25 years full time to get the increase. IT DOESN'T STOP WITH THIS E BOARD.

WOW where have u been old news. increase was for 25 and out, 30 and out and 25 at 55....

OffRoutesPay

I call :censored2: every member when they hit 25 years will get the increase. wow,,,, are u really that dumb or are people telling you what to post. So clueless.
Yes I agree if you leave with under 25 you get the same as before but if right now you have 23 years 2 years from now you will get the 300 bump.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR FACTS DON'T POST

Last edited by a moderator:

OffRoutesPay

It's a bull**** tier system! Your setting a new era! Your not killing new guy! Your screwing everyone that doesn't have 25 years! Where do you get off saying 25+ members need Bump more than I do!

WOW I really thought you were smart guess not. Its not a tier system everyone and anyone that hits 25 years no matter when they started in the company get the 300 bump.

144 x 25 = 3600 if your 55
144 x 30 = 4320 but wait we dont get 4320???? what happen I was told we get 144 a year... only if you hit the age
120 x 30 = 3600 so if your not 55 at 25 years the acrual rat is only 120.... not 144
120 x 25 = 3000 if not 55 but wait we get 3100 what going on

THE NUMBERS WERE NEVER CORRECT IT WAS ALL UP TO THE TRUSTESS .YOU GUYS ARE CLOWNS

OffRoutesPay

LOL come on bigd stop lying you sound like a clown , increase will be for anyone the hits 25 years , 30 years , or 25 at 55
even your example is wrong is the member 55? if not right now he would get 21 x 120 not 144

144 x 25 = 3600 only if your 55 or older
120 x 30 = 3600 if your under 55 BUT wait...
120 x 25 = 3000 but we get 3100 wow it doesnt add up,,,, that because its up to the trustees to agree.

STOP LYING.....YOUR NOT GETTING IN THE HALL

OffRoutesPay

HELL NO! NO TIER PENSION FOR 804 MEMBERS

Local 804 pension has always been a tier but this is more of a bonus

This is the pension right now
do 25 years fulltime and your 55 you get 3600 , 144 credit per year worked
do 25 years fulltime and your not 55 your get 3100, 124 credit per year worked
do 30 years fulltime and your not 55 you will get 3600, 120 credit per year worked WAIT A MINUTE 144,124,120 those are tiers??? Worse then that we are all getting screwed should have been 144 no matter what... don't remember anyone crying about that????

Why if I'm not at age 55 when I hit 25 years I don't get 3600 but if someone does 25 years and is 55 they get 3600

IM SORRY BUT THATS A TIER.....

Just because I'm not 55 when I'v worked 25 years I only get credit for 120 a year not 144 so stop with your bs.....