Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

member6045

HELL NO! NO TIER PENSION FOR 804 MEMBERS

Local 804 pension has always been a tier but this is more of a bonus

This is the pension right now
do 25 years fulltime and your 55 you get 3600 , 144 credit per year worked
do 25 years fulltime and your not 55 your get 3100, 124 credit per year worked
do 30 years fulltime and your not 55 you will get 3600, 120 credit per year worked WAIT A MINUTE 144,124,120 those are tiers??? Worse then that we are all getting screwed should have been 144 no matter what... don't remember anyone crying about that????

Why if I'm not at age 55 when I hit 25 years I don't get 3600 but if someone does 25 years and is 55 they get 3600

IM SORRY BUT THATS A TIER.....

Just because I'm not 55 when I'v worked 25 years I only get credit for 120 a year not 144 so stop with your bs.....

25 and out is a option for an individual for a young driver to leave if so chosen. This person has option to stay and make max pension money Clearly not a tier! But clearly! When you leave others from getting a benefit proves its a tier system! Btw! Those 24 year and younger guys just got played bye you and there salaries cut bye you allowing VCD and helpers on truck! We could have used that extra money.

bigd

HELL NO! NO TIER PENSION FOR 804 MEMBERS

Local 804 pension has always been a tier but this is more of a bonus

Finally you admitted that your so call pension increase is actually a BONUS for only those members with 25 full time years!
Now listen up! Remember what happen with the LUMP SUM payment?
Tim and co. Voted to eliminated it back in 2010. Well it is that easy trustees can vote to eliminate this so call bonus increase! Because it will be consider an add on ( extra benefit ) to our pension and those extra benefits are the first one to go while on red zone!
It's all smoking mirrors brother an sisters!

UNBELIEVABLE

This 25yrs of full time service sounds like a tdu thing...........sandy P did something like this in her local two tier pension!!!!!!!!!!!tim and co. Are not being truthful the their stewards and the membership.....i heard liam said he works to many hours for what he gets paid......remember liam you was discharge by ups for production.......now you have the nerve to say your not getting paid enough.....smh!!!!!!!!lmao!!!!!!!and tim has no control over his board...dave friend thinks he is in the streets.......then there is chris W fighting in 43st and got knocked out!!!!!lmfao!!!!!! What a disaster...tim your a joke!!!!!!!!tim and co...putting the same contract out cause the members didnt understand the contract....what part of a no vote dont you understand....no is no.....vote no again...get it right its not only about an increase in the pension....my bldg will vote no again....trust me...tim.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Inthegame

This 25yrs of full time service sounds like a tdu thing...........sandy P did something like this in her local two tier pension!!!!!!!!!!!tim and co. Are not being truthful the their stewards and the membership.....i heard liam said he works to many hours for what he gets paid......remember liam you was discharge by ups for production.......now you have the nerve to say your not getting paid enough.....smh!!!!!!!!lmao!!!!!!!and tim has no control over his board...dave friend thinks he is in the streets.......then there is chris W fighting in 43st and got knocked out!!!!!lmfao!!!!!! What a disaster...tim your a joke!!!!!!!!tim and co...putting the same contract out cause the members didnt understand the contract....what part of a no vote dont you understand....no is no.....vote no again...get it right its not only about an increase in the pension....my bldg will vote no again....trust me...tim.....

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/804-members-coming-soon-agitator-2-a-325420/#ixzz2buOuW7gt
Next time you post in Morse code use a few dashes --- -.-

Last edited by a moderator:

Inthegame

Finally you admitted that your so call pension increase is actually a BONUS for only those members with 25 full time years!
Tim and co. Voted to eliminated it back in 2010. Well it is that easy trustees can vote to eliminate this so call bonus increase! Because it will be consider an add on ( extra benefit ) to our pension and those extra benefits are the first one to go while on red zone!
You win! You figured out the master plan. Implement an improvement, then take it away. That always plays well at election time. You're in the wrong business buddy, you should be a secret agent man.

member6045

You win! You figured out the master plan. Implement an improvement, then take it away. That always plays well at election time. You're in the wrong business buddy, you should be a secret agent man.

No a bonus for the top 1% of membership! That the rest will finance for 10-20 years. We will hope its there for us but we know it will be gone.

bigd

Wait, wait.. Don't go anywhere I have something for you to tell Tim and co.
2/3 of all members who voted got it the first time it was presented to them! So tell me now is it that 2/3 of members have political aspirations? WOW you guys are a joke also tell Tim to keep watching Fox News in the hall! Oh by the way why are we paying for that cable bill?

Inthegame

2/3 of all members who voted got it the first time it was presented to them! So tell me now is it that 2/3 of members have political aspirations? WOW you guys are a joke also tell Tim to keep watching Fox News in the hall! Oh by the way why are we paying for that cable bill?
Well Biggy boy I don't get to see Tim that often but I'll give him your regards when I do. But to the point (which you'll miss) the National Master PASSED. Big news to you, but that means the H&W changes are in. PT's voted no because of H&W changes. No reason to vote no anymore, unless you want to friend&%k everyone else, which is exactly why you post.
The cable was their under Howie but his group spent their time (and L804 dues) watching the Cartoon Network, beep beep.

member6045

Well Biggy boy I don't get to see Tim that often but I'll give him your regards when I do. But to the point (which you'll miss) the National Master PASSED. Big news to you, but that means the H&W changes are in. PT's voted no because of H&W changes. No reason to vote no anymore, unless you want to friend&%k everyone else, which is exactly why you post.
The cable was their under Howie but his group spent their time (and L804 dues) watching the Cartoon Network, beep beep.

Part timers voted no because they would not receive 32.+ an hour for the same job they presently do when air drivers deliver ground work! They know its same job and requires same pay.

joseph

If, and I say IF the IBT comes in and re-negotiates the supplements. We the members of local 804 will vote on the changes, anyone that tells you Hoffa will push it though is full of B/S. And it has to be passed by 51%. Ron Carey won that right back in the 1980's . Ron asked every member to-contribute $20.00 dollars to hire lawyers to fight it, if you remember we would vote down the contract and Jackie Presser passed it using the one third rule, we all received a $0.07 cents raise.

stink219

If, and I say IF the IBT comes in and re-negotiates the supplements. We the members of local 804 will vote on the changes, anyone that tells you Hoffa will push it though is full of B/S. And it has to be passed by 51%. Ron Carey won that right back in the 1980's . Ron asked every member to-contribute $20.00 dollars to hire lawyers to fight it, if you remember we would vote down the contract and Jackie Presser passed it using the one third rule, we all received a $0.07 cents raise.
Your right about the 51%. But check the bylaws on what happens if less than 50% vote. You need a 2/3rds majority.

joseph

Good moorrrrrrrning local 804 B. I now believe that the scare tactic put out there by Tim S and his ROW B, board. About Hoffa coming in and renegotiating the supplements may be a good thing, just maybe, he would listen to the members. Negotiate From strength. Tim S was negotiating from his knees. A very bad place to start from, when he had that loser Liam head the negotiation team for the local, UPS knew they had the upper hand, when the president of the local you are negotiating with takes a seat in the back of the room and let's a maroon take the lead we the members lose. Don't forget these are the people who gave our local, over to TDU. We are all paying for it now. Tim S And Pete M had all the answers they where going to bring UPS to its knees and beg! I remember a row B voter stand up at a meeting. Saying TAKE BACK OUR LOCAL, I thought then take it back from what, gee I wonder if he was one of the 1200 members that lost his job since this board took over, what a shame, he got what he wanted. Someone once said, be careful of what you wish for, because you just might get it! Well you got it. A board that leads from weakness.

Inthegame

Good moorrrrrrrning local 804 B. I now believe that the scare tactic put out there by Tim S and his ROW B, board. About Hoffa coming in and renegotiating the supplements may be a good thing, just maybe, he would listen to the members. Negotiate From strength. Tim S was negotiating from his knees. A very bad place to start from, when he had that loser Liam head the negotiation team for the local, UPS knew they had the upper hand, when the president of the local you are negotiating with takes a seat in the back of the room and let's a maroon take the lead we the members lose. Don't forget these are the people who gave our local, over to TDU. We are all paying for it now. Tim S And Pete M had all the answers they where going to bring UPS to its knees and beg! I remember a row B voter stand up at a meeting. Saying TAKE BACK OUR LOCAL, I thought then take it back from what, gee I wonder if he was one of the 1200 members that lost his job since this board took over, what a shame, he got what he wanted. Someone once said, be careful of what you wish for, because you just might get it! Well you got it. A board that leads from weakness.
Tom, Everyone in the room knows full well who calls the shots regardless of who is the "lead" negotiator. It's a common practice apparently beyond your understanding.
If Hoffa or the IBT intervenes, it won't be to negotiate any perceived improvements regardless what your deluded group thinks. It will be to impose the supplement agreed to between the parties or LESS. That is what your board has explained, responsibly and openly. Only if L804 can renegotiate improvements will they be made.

joseph

Tom, Everyone in the room knows full well who calls the shots regardless of who is the "lead" negotiator. It's a common practice apparently beyond your understanding.
If Hoffa or the IBT intervenes, it won't be to negotiate any perceived improvements regardless what your deluded group thinks. It will be to impose the supplement agreed to between the parties or LESS. That is what your board has explained, responsibly and openly. Only if L804 can renegotiate improvements will they be made.
Coming soon, your board may have explained it but there is a problem with that explanation, no one believes them anymore, they lied way too much. It's like the old fairy tail, you heard it when you were a little boy. The boy who cried wolf. The only ones that still believe them are the members on crack kool-aide!

teamster 804

Lets take a survey for all the gloom and doom politically motivated members on here.What exactly would you liked to be changed in our supplement.Not that you would vote yes anyway because a good supplement would be a victory for current board.And possibly ruin all chances of getting the keys to the hall next time election comes around.But enlighten us what would have to be taken out so the members can finally get a pension increase out of our local all of these years.Because once Hoffa steps in we will all probably wind up with nothing as usual.Hopefully we get to hold on to what we already have,thats what the last board always got us.Nothing equals Nothing no matter how you serve it up to the members.I for one am tired of paying dues year after year and getting only to keep what i had already come contract time.

joseph

Lets take a survey for all the gloom and doom politically motivated members on here.What exactly would you liked to be changed in our supplement.Not that you would vote yes anyway because a good supplement would be a victory for current board.And possibly ruin all chances of getting the keys to the hall next time election comes around.But enlighten us what would have to be taken out so the members can finally get a pension increase out of our local all of these years.Because once Hoffa steps in we will all probably wind up with nothing as usual.Hopefully we get to hold on to what we already have,thats what the last board always got us.Nothing equals Nothing no matter how you serve it up to the members.I for one am tired of paying dues year after year and getting only to keep what i had already come contract time.
I hope your taking notes. #1 guarantee on the pension raise, don't tell us they will propose it to the board if we pass the supplements. That happened to Ron C back in 1997. Ron C said he would never do that again. For a bunch of people who was BS about bringing things back to what Carey would have done you done know **** about the man. #2 leave Election Day alone, don't play the game UPS wants, switch your day, and then not get payed triple time, why would we give all that money back to the company, triple time is ONLY on Election Day, you switch your day then it's not a holiday! #3 don't open the door for P/T drivers. You let them have VCD, before long there will be permanent P/T drivers, don't be fooled! #3 not one cent of our raise go's back to the company, that is our money and why would you negotiate to give it to UPS. # 4. I can not see how you can get money into the pension, but if you are, $300.00 that's it really. How about asking for a thousand dollars, start there. Local 177 has not had a raise for 16 years, and they turned down a $400.00 increase. #5 show some back bone, take the clown make up off when you sit across the table with UPS give them our demands don't just sit there and let Liam R negotiate. From what we hear the board sat there looking scared the only ones talking was management.

fedupups

Agree with most of Tom D...VCD has to go...this week in Melville building 2 centers used 1 driver from one particular center to do work in both centers...Oringer was right there and did nothing about it...what does everyone think will happen if VCD drivers are used exactly same thing...routes will be crushed and the work will be part-timed out

teamster 804

I hope your taking notes. #1 guarantee on the pension raise, don't tell us they will propose it to the board if we pass the supplements. That happened to Ron C back in 1997. Ron C said he would never do that again. For a bunch of people who was BS about bringing things back to what Carey would have done you done know **** about the man. #2 leave Election Day alone, don't play the game UPS wants, switch your day, and then not get payed triple time, why would we give all that money back to the company, triple time is ONLY on Election Day, you switch your day then it's not a holiday! #3 don't open the door for P/T drivers. You let them have VCD, before long there will be permanent P/T drivers, don't be fooled! #3 not one cent of our raise go's back to the company, that is our money and why would you negotiate to give it to UPS. # 4. I can not see how you can get money into the pension, but if you are, $300.00 that's it really. How about asking for a thousand dollars, start there. Local 177 has not had a raise for 16 years, and they turned down a $400.00 increase. #5 show some back bone, take the clown make up off when you sit across the table with UPS give them our demands don't just sit there and let Liam R negotiate. From what we hear the board sat there looking scared the only ones talking was management.
We have not received a raise in our pension i believe the magic number to be 15 years, correct me if i am wrong.That in itself shows our local has not been doing the right thing for us no matter who is wearing the suits!!! I am here over 25 years every supplement seems to be the same B/S the company wanted to take this that and the other thing and we walk away holding on to what we already had.You have to give something to get something,maybe you think its too much to give.Election day is B/S you are still getting a triple time day once a year cant see your point there.VCD S my understanding is part timers will only cover vacations to give more full time drivers vacation time in the summer.There are part timers delivering ground packages every day as helpers in my building then they come work local sort.They deliver on Saturdays all year round.So what is the difference.You say pension increase should be bigger i have heard someone else on here state it should be bigger!!! That is a joke we havent gotten a nickel in our pension from our local in 15 years and 300 to 400 is not a substantial raise PLEASE give me a break.We had a good supplement on the table with a great pension increase a pension increase that was agreed upon period.Guys jumping up and down that its not guaranteed, it is on the table and it is agreed upon.There are only two things in life that are guaranteed one is you were definetly born and someday you will die those are guaranteed.We trusted our last board all the years they were there and what did we get out of it.It is time to trust this board and get what all of us members deserve.