Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

teamster 804

Executive board is no better than the people fighting over religion! Sighting there religion is better than the other and they must die! What happens when everyone is dead? Right wing people believe freedom comes with loss of life. To die in the fight means your a hero! Not true! People who are so far removed from the battlefield makes these decision and don't know the men and women who die due to there policy! Maybe they should be on the frontline instead of in an office or on a boat?? Maybe they have to be reminded whose at home and what's at stake when war is waged. People are not replaceable! In this game! There untrained and unprepared for battle in urban warfare. The bodies are building up and there is no mash unit to repair or fix the mental issues that come with battle. A few sign up for special forces and will fight, others are drafted and do there best with what they have learned from others along the way! They have PTSD, and multiple injuries and families suffering all because they follow! I say today stop following! Put down your gun! Let the leaders fix there own problems or be removed! Enough bloodshed has lost! Enough families have been hurt!
WOW!!! Now that is a scary post, i am just trying to get a good supplement from my local brother.Not looking to wage a holy war between the slates!!!!! People dying, enough bloodshed, come on man its just a couple of part time vacation drivers per center take it easy.No need to strap some bombs on!!!!! WHOA!!!

fedupups

I believe if the 3rd supplement vote doesn't pass they can step in...also I believe if less than 50% of the local doesn't vote they can step in anytime on a Supplement...not 100% sure of both of these just what I heard/translated from different people

bigd

Executive board is no better than the people fighting over religion! Sighting there religion is better than the other and they must die! What happens when everyone is dead? Right wing people believe freedom comes with loss of life. To die in the fight means your a hero! Not true! People who are so far removed from the battlefield makes these decision and don't know the men and women who die due to there policy! Maybe they should be on the frontline instead of in an office or on a boat?? Maybe they have to be reminded whose at home and what's at stake when war is waged. People are not replaceable! In this game! There untrained and unprepared for battle in urban warfare. The bodies are building up and there is no mash unit to repair or fix the mental issues that come with battle. A few sign up for special forces and will fight, others are drafted and do there best with what they have learned from others along the way! They have PTSD, and multiple injuries and families suffering all because they follow! I say today stop following! Put down your gun! Let the leaders fix there own problems or be removed! Enough bloodshed has lost! Enough families have been hurt!
WOW!!! Now that is a scary post, i am just trying to get a good supplement from my local brother.Not looking to wage a holy war between the slates!!!!! People dying, enough bloodshed, come on man its just a couple of part time vacation drivers per center take it easy.No need to strap some bombs on!!!!! WHOA!!!

Not scary at all! This has been going on in our local for 3 1/2 years! As a result, M. Hoffman got a promotion after he actually executed a holocaust in local804 with hundreds fired!
Don't believe it ask;
Pete M.
Dave O.
Sammy C.
Anthony C.
Fennell
Mark H.
Etc.
Each of the individuals confirming the Eboard should be wearing a patch displaying the number of members they got fired.

bigd

I believe if the 3rd supplement vote doesn't pass they can step in...also I believe if less than 50% of the local doesn't vote they can step in anytime on a Supplement...not 100% sure of both of these just what I heard/translated from different people

Tim S. and co. wants you to believe that Hoffa would step in our local!
Read don't let anyone tell you how it is!

IBT constitution.
Article XII

STRIKES, LOCKOUTS, WAGE SCALES, DISPUTES OVER JURISDICTION

Strike Action by Local Unions

Section 1(a). When any difficulty or dispute arises between the members of any Local Union and their employers, it shall be the duty of the officers of such Local Union to use every possible means of achieving a settlement or resolution of the difficulty or dispute through the processes of collective bargaining.

(b). Agreements shall either be accepted by a majority vote of those members involved in negotiations and voting, or a majority of such members shall direct further negotiations before a final vote on the employer’s offer is taken, as directed by the Local Union Executive Board. During negotiations, the Local Union Executive Board may order a secret ballot strike vote to be taken and when, in the judgment of the Local Union Executive Board, an employer has made a final offer of settlement, such offer must be submitted to the involved membership for a secret ballot vote as hereinafter provided:

(1) If at least one half of the members eligible to vote cast valid ballots, then a cumulative majority of those voting in favor of the final offer shall result in acceptance of such offer; and a cumulative majority of those voting against acceptance of the final offer shall authorize a strike without any additional vote being necessary for such strike authorization. In the event of a tie vote on either a motion to accept a final offer or to strike, the Local Union Executive Board shall conduct a second vote. If the result of the second vote is a tie, the Local Union Executive Board shall have the discretion to either accept the final offer or reject the final offer and authorize a strike at such time as it determines.

(2) If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the Local Union Executive Board to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

When the final offer has been rejected in accordance with this Section, it shall constitute authorization for a strike at such time and under such terms and conditions as the Local Union Executive Board may determine.

Any question arising from the application or interpretation of this Section shall be decided by the General President whose decision shall be final.

(e). If an employer whose employees are represented in, or affected by bargaining for a master agreement makes a proposal which, in the opinion of the negotiating committee, or its duly authorized subcommittee, is not acceptable because not reasonably consistent with, or such employer insists on terms and conditions which are unacceptably inferior to, the standards set forth in a master agreement already approved as a result of votes conducted under this Section among all involved employees, including that employer’s own involved employees, the negotiating committee, as agent of the Local Unions involved, may reject such proposal as contrary to the best interests of all involved employees. Such negotiating committee may, with the approval of the General Executive Board, authorize a strike of such employer’s involved employees to maintain existing standards, attain approved standards, or to protest unfair labor practices of such employer, without any additional vote.

Strike votes shall not be required in any case where a collective bargaining agreement then in existence authorizes such strike for the purpose of enforcing the terms of such agreement. Nor shall a strike vote be required in support of demands that an employer agree to the terms and conditions of an agreement already negotiated and approved on a state, multi-state, multi-employer, national, company-wide, or area basis of which unit such employer is a member. In such case, the negotiating committee, subject to the approval of the General President, may call the strike in support of its position, and may also, with the approval of the General President, terminate such strike without a vote.

Last edited:

teamster 804

Not scary at all! This has been going on in our local for 3 1/2 years! As a result, M. Hoffman got a promotion after he actually executed a holocaust in local804 with hundreds fired!
Don't believe it ask;
Pete M.
Dave O.
Sammy C.
Anthony C.
Fennell
Mark H.
Etc.
Each of the individuals confirming the Eboard should be wearing a patch displaying the number of members they got fired.
Ohhh yes it is scary!!! And what is even more twisted is that you agree with it.

Inthegame

IBT constitution.
Article XII

Strike Action by Local Unions...
Any question arising from the application or interpretation of this Section shall be decided by the General President whose decision shall be final.
Nor shall a strike vote be required in support of demands that an employer agree to the terms and conditions of an agreement already negotiated and approved on a state, multi-state, multi-employer, national, company-wide, or area basis of which unit such employer is a member. In such case, the negotiating committee, subject to the approval of the General President, may call the strike in support of its position, and may also, with the approval of the General President, terminate such strike without a vote.
Tim is stating exactly what is written in the IBT Constitution. You apparently do not comprehend written words.

bigd

IBT constitution.
Article XII

Strike Action by Local Unions...
Nor shall a strike vote be required in support of demands that an employer agree to the terms and conditions of an agreement already negotiated and approved on a state, multi-state, multi-employer, national, company-wide, or area basis of which unit such employer is a member. In such case, the negotiating committee, subject to the approval of the General President, may call the strike in support of its position, and may also, with the approval of the General President, terminate such strike without a vote.
Tim is stating exactly what is written in the IBT Constitution. You apparently do not comprehend written words.
Don't paraphrase the article! It is amazing! no wonder why ups has been running the show! You cant even interpret that? Why you don't post the entire article?
Fact is that if on the 3rd vote we also approve a strike as a local Hoffa had no choice but to allow us to go on strike! He can suspended the strike at anytime but Hoffa will have to put a supplement on the table for us to vote on the fact.

Art. VII
(2) If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the Local Union Executive Board to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

Tim and co. want you to believe that it will be Hoffa taking that offer! but the article is very clear Tim S. will take the supplement against the will of the membership!!!

Inthegame

[QUOTE=bigd;1187190]Don't paraphrase the article! It is amazing! no wonder why ups has been running the show! You cant even interpret that? Why you don't post the entire article?
Fact is that if on the 3rd vote we also approve a strike as a local Hoffa had no choice but to allow us to go on strike! He can suspended the strike at anytime but Hoffa will have to put a supplement on the table for us to vote on the fact.

Art. VII

Tim and co. want you to believe that it will be Hoffa taking that offer! but the article is very clear Tim S. will take the supplement against the will of the membership!!!
[/QUOTE]

Not paraphasing anything, just condensing. Look up word meanings before showing your lack of vocabulary. Anyway once again you show your inability to comprehend written words. Your post of the IBT Constitution clearly shows the E-Board is REQUIRED to implement the TA (The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the Local Union Executive Board to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.) No choice in the matter Biggy, Tim and the E-Board must implement if your scenario plays out. Tim would be acting against the IBT Constitution if he failed to implement. So why do you deceive so often, or are facts too tough for you?

stink219

Close. If less than 50% vote, there needs to be 2/3rds to vote it down.

stink219

Don't believe it ask;
Pete M.
Dave O.
Sammy C.
Anthony C.
Fennell
Mark H.
Etc.
Great idea!!

member6045

local 804Executive board has endorsed the TDU presidential nominee and even has TDU on our books!( they run the website and literature its on lm-2) its odd that there not in the same accord with TDU now to turn down contract again? TDU is pushing the left over locals to knockdown supplements again and make UPS go back to the table!!!! I'm no fan of TDU but?? this is from there website. lol

We Can Win This
We don’t know when the union will put this out
for a vote—with lots of propaganda to go with
it—but we do know we can vote this down by a
wide margin, if we encourage everyone to vote.
We need a bigger turnout.
Your vote will be secret and will make a differ-
ence. There will be independent rank-and-file
observers at the count. Hoffa and Hall are going
to try to discourage you (“you can’t change a
thing, the health care cuts are a done deal”) but
that’s baloney, designed to get their deal
passed.
A NO Vote Can Bring Change
Our NO vote will force them back to bargaining
table—and it will increase our leverage. A third
vote NO would mean a vote to strike, per the
International Teamsters Constitution.
Management wants this settled without even
a chance of a strike.
Talk to your fellow Teamsters—full-time and
part-time. Distribute this leaflet and other infor-
mation. Order Vote No stickers to distribute.
Join the solidarity team of Teamsters working
together for a fair contract

fedupups

Arguably, the only advance notice UPS is mandated to give is to PTers (in locals which TCD are required to work their PT shift) who could not legally drive should they work their scheduled sort. Since you work Local Sort, that does not include you. Instead, UPS is providing you advanced notice as a courtesy. Based on the text messages, you could grieve for a day's pay, but the company would argue that it had no obligation to provide you advanced notice and did so merely as an informal courtesy (because you asked) but you were aware that this was not firm and they had up to an hour prior to start to change their staffing. If you did indeed succeed, you would no longer receive any prior advance notice. Thus, it's a no-win situation for you.

What sucks about seasonal & TCD is that often your life revolves around UPS, as the company staffs based on preliminary forecast but does not make finite decisions until the last minute. I completely agree that it impedes heavily on your life, which is why I relinquished seasonal. Yet the decision making process is financially successful for UPS, there's no shortage of willing applicants for these jobs and the union has no problem with it thus nothing's likely to change anytime soon. If it's truly disrupting your life (as it does for many of us), it's best to give the job up. Once you know what you've gotten yourself into, it's hard to empathize with you given that we've all been there, done that...

Just a reply about temporary vacation or in our language VCD drivers that other locals are dealing with....I heard that 804 board is pretty much sending out the same package...I really hope not...I hope at the very least VCD driver situation is out of our supplement...the headaches and the abusive ways of UPS would lead to such a mess...please 804 don't have this part-time garbage in our supplement

stink219

local 804Executive board has endorsed the TDU presidential nominee and even has TDU on our books!( they run the website and literature its on lm-2) its odd that there not in the same accord with TDU now to turn down contract again? TDU is pushing the left over locals to knockdown supplements again and make UPS go back to the table!!!! I'm no fan of TDU but?? this is from there website. lol

We Can Win This
We don’t know when the union will put this out
for a vote—with lots of propaganda to go with
it—but we do know we can vote this down by a
wide margin, if we encourage everyone to vote.
We need a bigger turnout.
Your vote will be secret and will make a differ-
ence. There will be independent rank-and-file
observers at the count. Hoffa and Hall are going
to try to discourage you (“you can’t change a
thing, the health care cuts are a done deal”) but
that’s baloney, designed to get their deal
passed.
A NO Vote Can Bring Change
Our NO vote will force them back to bargaining
table—and it will increase our leverage. A third
vote NO would mean a vote to strike, per the
International Teamsters Constitution.
Management wants this settled without even
a chance of a strike.
Talk to your fellow Teamsters—full-time and
part-time. Distribute this leaflet and other infor-
mation. Order Vote No stickers to distribute.
Join the solidarity team of Teamsters working
together for a fair contract
Why does TDU want to strike? Why is a non union organization even involved in our business? No need to read between the lines, READ THE LINES!!

stink219

Congrats to local 804!! They finally won ONE arbitration case!! UPS is required to give the Union notice so a shop steward can be present whenever management meets with a member concerning a grievance, discipline or to ask questions as part of a company investigation. It only took them 38 years to enforce a federally mandated labor law. Great win TDU. Lmfao!! A bit too late!!

member6045

This morning we started about 15- 30 minutes earlier than normal work week start time. They cut so many loads drivers gave eta of 9pm. It's not a good idea for early starts on Monday? Ups is waiting to put these helpers on the truck!its like they know the next supplement will pass! Stay strong! This is another reason to turn this contract down. An Hour early starts on Monday will suck too! What good is starting early if you still work late!!!

stink219

This morning we started about 15- 30 minutes earlier than normal work week start time. They cut so many loads drivers gave eta of 9pm. It's not a good idea for early starts on Monday? Ups is waiting to put these helpers on the truck!its like they know the next supplement will pass! Stay strong! This is another reason to turn this contract down. An Hour early starts on Monday will suck too! What good is starting early if you still work late!!!

Could you provide more specific information? What are you talking about?

member6045

Article 4 sec 1 fixed start times. Package car driver may have a Monday start time up to (1) one hour earlier. There is no need to start earlier if we are not getting off earlier! They cut routes all over building! Company is counting on extra help from helpers and keeping drivers at home! Telling them your loads not running today

804 member

Tired of seeing the company use PT inside guys for 39 days and sending them back and using the next inside part timer for 39 days. All this does is keep part timer as part timers and keep the company from making or using full time drivers. This should have been addressed at the contract meetings. What is the board gonna do about this?

joseph

What is going on? Did Tim S buy a farm in west Vermont, and Pete M buy a brand new Cadillac? Where is all this money coming from. First Niel O buys a yacht and now this. Money is gone missing from our medical fund and all of a sudden the E/B is buying big ticket items. 75% of the membership is on collection, they are not paying medical bills but are able to buy toys for themselves?