Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Re: Local 804 lol

Here are the facts for the members, something your E board does not post... wonder why.....

I made a Mistake Voting 4 This E board, I'm not going to get fooled again by them.

Here's a little fact about TDU candidate Sandy Pope

Over the last 8 years, Sandy Pope has lost over $1,807,000.00 of her Local Union's assets. In 2001 total assets were $2,570,425.00 and by 2009 her total assets were $762,594. She has steadily lost members every year, going from 1297 members in 2001 to 1066 members today. That is almost 20% of her local's membership. Over this period of time, her compensation has steadily risen each year despite her record of decline.

Wow she can't even run her union with 1,000 members how would she run the International.

No one mentions that that Local 805 lost a shop that had a couple of hundred members that went out of business. That accounts for a large number of membership loss. They are also an active Local that spends money on different programs, classes, and bargaining campaigns. Have you ever met Sandy and talked to her? I have. I've met Hofa too...no comparison.

804brown

The phone is ringing off the hook. All the inside people in Maspeth, Nassau and Spring Street are supporting the members voice Row C 100% Good Luck to Members Voice.

Lonely wolf, "all the inside people in Maspeth" are voting for Steve A, "all the inside people in Nassau" are voting for Mark H, and "all the inside people in Spring St are voting for Anthony C" . Wait, they might carry Nassau, in the Bahamas! LOL!!

804brown

I'm not defending the old board or the new board here but simply pointing out some things that seem to be lacking in the conversation. Did the old board let the funds run down to dangerous levels? Yes, but so did countless other unions and companies as well. Nobody thought the economy would stay as bad as it was for as long as it was, many funds kept money in investments too long following the standard investment rule of invest for the long haul. Our local has about 5,000 full timers that the fund gets contributions for so that means our income on a monthly basis is relativley stable. However, each month the cost of doctor visits, lab work, tests, etc. continued to rise. With no additional money coming in from company contributions you will eventually run into a deficite, the old board held off too long and didn't raise co-pays to help offset. Financially I can understand what the new board has done....the gap needs to be filled somehow and since we are bound by a collective bargaining agreement we can't get more money from the company. Think of it this way...your cable bill doubles but your paycheck stays the same what are you going to do? Cut back someplace, right?

Point is Sporh, not only did the old board "let the funds run down to dangerous levels", but remember THEY KEPT US IN THE DARK ABOUT IT! Telling us they moved $$ from the health funds into the pension funds would have meant leveling with the membership. But not that crew.

We punished them for diverting the funds, not negotiating enough $$ to cover the life of this contract, and of course not telling us about any of this! Voting for Row C isn't going to undo what they did to our union. Supporting our current board and helping them make this a stronger union will!

Let's not go backwards. Vote 804 Members United!

804brown

No one mentions that that Local 805 lost a shop that had a couple of hundred members that went out of business. That accounts for a large number of membership loss. They are also an active Local that spends money on different programs, classes, and bargaining campaigns. Have you ever met Sandy and talked to her? I have. I've met Hofa too...no comparison.

Sporh, maybe Lo 805 lost some members to certain ex board members who are now raiding other unions??

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

No one also mentions she has not organized any new members in her Local 805 in about 10 years or more, which would have offset the loss of membership in the event of a business going under as you say. Also some of the Local 805 money is spent on TDU programs, and I have seen documents online of some funds going to Tom L Candidacy in his last 2 elections. I have never met Sandy, nor Hoffa and not I'm comparing them. As I said before, we know Hoffa's record, just putting out Sandy's

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

Point is Sporh, not only did the old board "let the funds run down to dangerous levels", but remember THEY KEPT US IN THE DARK ABOUT IT! Telling us they moved $$ from the health funds into the pension funds would have meant leveling with the membership. But not that crew.

We punished them for diverting the funds, not negotiating enough $$ to cover the life of this contract, and of course not telling us about any of this! Voting for Row C isn't going to undo what they did to our union. Supporting our current board and helping them make this a stronger union will!

Let's not go backwards. Vote 804 Members United!

Old board is gone, and everyone knows that. We should no longer support our New E board which has lied to us repeatedly. We should no longer support a President that pulls his friends like Liam into the union to save his job. They were going to walk him out of the building and being Liam is a big supporter of Tim, he saved his job at the expense of the members. Now every members job should be saved the same way, what was good for Liam is good for every member that is fired.

And this E board talks about Members United, LOL, how when we are not treated alike and lied to.

Lets not get fooled again, VOTE ROW C MEMBERS VOICE

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

Lonely wolf, "all the inside people in Maspeth" are voting for Steve A, "all the inside people in Nassau" are voting for Mark H, and "all the inside people in Spring St are voting for Anthony C" . Wait, they might carry Nassau, in the Bahamas! LOL!!

Wrong again, just watch video and see all the support. VOTE ROW C MEMBERS VOICE

[video=youtube;6KPUZ6US7tg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KPUZ6US7tg[/video]

Last edited:

ROW A

Like i said in the pass i like some of these guys tonite i was in the nassau hub and i had the pleasure of seeing one of our e board members going at management!!!!!! They was telling him to leave the building now . He told them i don't work for you i'm not going no where call the cops!!!!!! I heard mark.h was tough and how management hates the guy--- but tonite i got to see it for myself!!!!!!!!!wow!! We need more of that !!!!!!!!

Ibt804Hammer

Like i said in the pass i like some of these guys tonite i was in the nassau hub and i had the pleasure of seeing one of our e board members going at management!!!!!! They was telling him to leave the building now . He told them i don't work for you i'm not going no where call the cops!!!!!! I heard mark.h was tough and how management hates the guy--- but tonite i got to see it for myself!!!!!!!!!wow!! We need more of that !!!!!!!!

Mark has come a long way and I have to agree with you.