Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

10 point

What other Unionized trucking company, pays a comparable wage and benefit package ?

Non-Unionized company's pay half.... of what UPS feeder drivers make. (if that)

Is that before expenses ?

Most non-unionized and independent CDL drivers, make between .28¢ and .34¢ a mile.

-Bug-
That's net. And IOs make a lot more than 28-34¢/mile.
Not everyone wants to own their own rig.

Hauling frozen and refrigerated loads pay pretty well.

10 point

That's net. And IOs make a lot more than 28-34¢/mile.
Not everyone wants to own their own rig.

Hauling frozen and refrigerated loads pay pretty well.
I'll check the details from one of them and post their net for the year after expenses/medical/overhead/etc.
Right now my honey do list just populated.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
With no further compensation.

No medical.... no defined pension plan....

-Bug-
Yeah, I'll take my $33.86 per hour wage, $22,658 per year in health and $12,896 in per year in pension any day. Just cleared 42k last week. Not bad!!
Maybe I'll go on social media and tell everyone how bad we have it. Lol

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Yeah, I'll take my $33.86 per hour wage, $22,658 per year in health and $12,896 in per year in pension any day. Just cleared 42k last week. Not bad!!
Maybe I'll go on social media and tell everyone how bad we have it. Lol
To make $42k this early, which is more than I've made so far, and I make more per hour than you and average 48-50 hours a week.

So you must be working 50 plus hours a weeks.

So you need to tell the WHOLE STORY.

That's not $42k working 40 hours per week.

That's missing a lot of family time to make that much.

And that's working a lot of OT on a job that is a body killer.

It's still great, but you need tell the whole story.

Something you OLD GUARD CHEERLEADERS seem to have problems with, amoung other things.

wide load

To make $42k this early, which is more than I've made so far, and I make more per hour than you and average 48-50 hours a week.

So you must be working 50 plus hours a weeks.

So you need to tell the WHOLE STORY.

That's not $42k working 40 hours per week.

That's missing a lot of family time to make that much.

And that's working a lot of OT on a job that is a body killer.

It's still great, but you need tell the whole story.

Something you OLD GUARD CHEERLEADERS seem to have problems with, amoung other things.
I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. I'm a feeder driver now. Not too much wear and tear on the body anymore. Not everything in life is a conspiracy. What do you do? What is your wage?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. I'm a feeder driver now. Not too much wear and tear on the body anymore. Not everything in life is a conspiracy. What do you do? What is your wage?
Funny how you never mentioned that you went feeder.

That fact wold gave been nice to know.

Sort of a stinky trick.

anHOURover

Wide is a little butt hurt still!! O the bully was behind him and the soap fell to the floor so the rooster had to pick it up ... [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

wide load

You guys are so cute. I love how you come on here and cry like you have a following of more than 4 people. So adorable. Too bad Carey screwed up the central states payout years ago. Too bad Leedham lost. Too bad Pope lost. Too bad Tim will get trounced. Only reason Tim is running is because he knows he will lose his local election next round. And guess what you guys will do? Cry on browncafe. Cry on def ears. Because? Nobody cares enough about your opinion to incite a hick up of intrigue.

542thruNthru

How much longer would you have been willing to wait? After the 2nd or 3rd "no" vote it became obvious to most of us that the issue was not going to be resolved. The IBT did the right thing for the majority when it opted to impose the contract on those locals who were unable to decide for themselves.

Well Dave as much as I'd like to discuss this with you. It's obvious you still think those locals were still only fighting over healthcare. Was healthcare on the table yes but it was not the only real issue they wanted to negotiate.

To answer your question I would have been willing to wait as long as it took for the process to have its fair and just chance. Though.. and this will sound like I'm trying to say this in a mean way but I'm not.. it's not worth discussing with you because you have always been out for yourself and if you get yours to hell with everyone else.

As much as you all want to fight for your so called side (hoff/tdu/whatever). You still know that if it would have been your locals that had been ignored in the end. You would not be happy. I'm a teamster and I stand with my team. Because united we stand, divided we fall.

10 point

You guys are so cute. I love how you come on here and cry like you have a following of more than 4 people. So adorable. Too bad Carey screwed up the central states payout years ago.
You forgot Carey hasn't been GP for 17 years?

I'm guessing you can blame those years and the demise of the CS fund on the Bush family.

wide load

You forgot Carey hasn't been GP for 17 years?

I'm guessing you can blame those years and the demise of the CS fund on the Bush family.
See, you do understand after all. Your right, Carey hasn't been the President for 17 years. But one little adjustment of upping the CS payout of $400 had a dramatic effect. Question, how much did Sylvester up his pension payout? Sorry 804.

10 point

See, you do understand after all. Your right, Carey hasn't been the President for 17 years. But one little adjustment of upping the CS payout of $400 had a dramatic effect. Question, how much did Sylvester up his pension payout? Sorry 804.
I always understood.

Did I also see the current GP (17 yrs incumbent) do nothing to readjust that "one little adjustment" and now we're 48% funded...after 17 years of being in charge?
We're not pruning the tree...we're going to take a chain saw to it?

It isn't a worry to those on the top that are multimillionaires. UPS loves Hoffa. Jim Kelly said he was GLAD to see Jimmy as GP.
We didn't cross the 97 strike line for more reasons than the pension and I'd bet you a grand that Carey would have been re-elected if he would have been allowed to run again.