Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Wow. You just called out a minimum of 50,000 teamsters in one line. I'd hate to be you.
I would never threaten you realbrown1. Never!!
I never knew 50,000 Teamsters were demanding that Hoffa impose those contracts on those locals so that you and your YES MEN buddies could get YOUR raises and YOUR retro checks just a little sooner.

Way to SELL OUT your fellow Teamster.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I never knew 50,000 Teamsters were demanding that Hoffa impose those contracts on those locals so that you and your YES MEN buddies could get YOUR raises and YOUR retro checks just a little sooner.

Way to SELL OUT your fellow Teamster.
Wow. You just called out a minimum of 50,000 teamsters in one line. I'd hate to be you.
I would never threaten you realbrown1. Never!![

542thruNthru

Not picking a side here but...

I felt bad for the locals that had their vote ignored in the end. I believe every teamster has the right to fight for what they feel they deserve. It wasn't all about healthcare.

I would have had no problem waiting. As I would hope that my fellow Teamsters would have the same respect for me and my local.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I would never threaten you realbrown1. Never!![
You wouldn't ever threaten me.

You OLD GUARD CHEERLEADERS can't even figure out who I am.

And how do you threaten someone you don't know?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not picking a side here but...

I felt bad for the locals that had their vote ignored in the end. I believe every teamster has the right to fight for what they feel they deserve. It wasn't all about healthcare.

I would have had no problem waiting. As I would hope that my fellow Teamsters would have the same respect for me and my local.

How much longer would you have been willing to wait? After the 2nd or 3rd "no" vote it became obvious to most of us that the issue was not going to be resolved. The IBT did the right thing for the majority when it opted to impose the contract on those locals who were unable to decide for themselves.

10 point

How much longer would you have been willing to wait? After the 2nd or 3rd "no" vote it became obvious to most of us that the issue was not going to be resolved. The IBT did the right thing for the majority when it opted to impose the contract on those locals who were unable to decide for themselves.
Too bad you're not a member in Local 89 or in PA.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Too bad you're not a member in Local 89 or in PA.

Why's that? Would you "educate" me in the ways of being a "real" Teamster?

The reality was the locals involved refused to accept the fact that the company wanted out of the healthcare business and that they would have to accept an "inferior" plan.

anHOURover

SERIOUSLY??? When a contract is voted down your supposed to go back to the table!!
We were all able to decide!! WE VOTED NO!! YOUR AS BAD AS THE CLOWNS WHO PUSHED IT THROUGH!! stop acting like we didn't vote!! HOFFA/HALL AND clueless members like yourself will pay with Teamcare and a crappy contract!!

10 point

Why's that? Would you "educate" me in the ways of being a "real" Teamster?

The reality was the locals involved refused to accept the fact that the company wanted out of the healthcare business and that they would have to accept an "inferior" plan.
"Why's that?"?
You figure it out.
(Hint: those are the locals that got their issues ignored and got walked on.)
Im guessing that you'd probably have voted yes anyway if you were in one of those locals.

P.S.
It's difficult to educate people who know everything.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I voted based on my personal experience and the fact is that the company has provided me with a very comfortable living with a secure retirement just over 3 years away. My children both have their college degrees thanks in part to the company.

We are very well compensated for what we do and anyone who thinks we are "entitled" to anything more is simply being unrealistic.

anHOURover

I voted based on my personal experience and the fact is that the company has provided me with a very comfortable living with a secure retirement just over 3 years away. My children both have their college degrees thanks in part to the company.

We are very well compensated for what we do and anyone who thinks we are "entitled" to anything more is simply being unrealistic.
How about the retirees who some were promised $50 a month healthcare ? What happens now when their FIXED income is hundred of $ less a month? DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE MEMBERS WHO PAVED THE WAY FOR YOU BEFORE YOU VOTED?
I bet you didn't or don't care at all!! YOUR SELFISH!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Those you termed "unrealistic" felt "entitled" to keep what they had, rather than accept consessions from a company that was recording record profits.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Those you termed "unrealistic" felt "entitled" to keep what they had, rather than accept consessions from a company that was recording record profits.

I used the term "unrealistic" on purpose. It is unrealistic to expect free healthcare in the year 2015. It is that simple.

Teamcare forces us to become smarter medical consumers.

10 point

Who is the "we" in the very well compensated part?

You were hired off the street into full time work.You don't and cannot speak for part timers.
I do realize that it's all about you so I'm not surprised at your demeaning of other bargaining unit coworkers issues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who is the "we" in the very well compensated part?

You were hired off the street into full time work.You don't and cannot speak for part timers.
I do realize that it's all about you so I'm not surprised at your demeaning of other bargaining unit coworkers issues.

When you go to work on Tuesday look around during the PCM and ask yourself how many of your co-workers have the skill set to earn a comparable wage and benefit package working anywhere other than UPS? The short answer is less than 5.

10 point

When you go to work on Tuesday look around during the PCM and ask yourself how many of your co-workers have the skill set to earn a comparable wage and benefit package working anywhere other than UPS? The short answer is less than 5.
When I get to work I will look around and see fellow employees that willingly stood on a strike line to support each other's families and future wages and benefits that until this last CBA were the best anywhere. (Full time wages are good.)

Why do YOU get the compensation that YOU receive? Is it because the company willingly shells it out year after year?

If you think it is I can post the Fantasy Land cartoon for you.

We are where we are in compensation BECAUSE WE'RE UNION AND YOU'D BETTER NOT FORGET THAT.
I am grateful for the benefits and wages that I receive but there are other issues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I get to work I will look around and see fellow employees that willingly stood on a strike line to support each other's families and future wages and benefits that until this last CBA were the best anywhere. (Full time wages are good.)

Why do YOU get the compensation that YOU receive? Is it because the company willingly shells it out year after year?

If you think it is I can post the Fantasy Land cartoon for you.

We are where we are in compensation BECAUSE WE'RE UNION AND YOU'D BETTER NOT FORGET THAT.
I am grateful for the benefits and wages that I receive but there are other issues.

You showed some really nice footwork dancing around my question.

Put up or shut up---do you possess the skill set necessary to earn a comparable wage elsewhere? The short answer is no which is why you are so grateful to have the Union on your side.