Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

Every time they post a full time package car bid sheet in my building, they have to put up a second page.
In the end they take 5 or 6.
Takes about a decade to get a shot.

Crazy how things can differ so greatly from one place to the next?

Must be in the water?
That's how it used to be here. I had five years when I won my job on a grievance. It was so cut throat. For the next 5 years they hired no one. Then they started hiring over the next ten years and the wait was anywhere from 9 to 13 years then boom. The last two years down to six months or off the street. People don't want feeders either. It will be like this in your hood soon. Watch. I don't want to sound like your grandpa but this younger generation doesn't want 50 hour weeks Monday through Friday and the ass busting on top. Good luck. You are going to be considered an all star from washed up soon. Watch.

So you were an off street hire?
No I worked night sort for a year and two months the. Twilight for about a year and a half. Then preload then less than eight air driver. Our local had a past practice that the less than eight air drivers got to bid air combo jobs before the population of the building. All of a sudden that past practice changed. I was pissed as well as a couple others. We grieved it and they hired extra package car drivers. I did it all inside.

10 point

Every time they post a full time package car bid sheet in my building, they have to put up a second page.
In the end they take 5 or 6.
Takes about a decade to get a shot.

Crazy how things can differ so greatly from one place to the next?

Must be in the water?
Our average was about 4-5 yrs.
The long term pters don't want our hours or stress from comatose OCS's.

It takes a lot less time to go into management for some reason.
Funny, the hourlies that go into management didn't like hourly work until they became management.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's how it used to be here. I had five years when I won my job on a grievance. It was so cut throat. For the next 5 years they hired no one. Then they started hiring over the next ten years and the wait was anywhere from 9 to 13 years then boom. The last two years down to six months or off the street. People don't want feeders either. It will be like this in your hood soon. Watch. I don't want to sound like your grandpa but this younger generation doesn't want 50 hour weeks Monday through Friday and the ass busting on top. Good luck. You are going to be considered an all star from washed up soon. Watch.
This is what you don't understand "Grandpa".
It's called autonomy, look it up.
You can't assume everybody is living in your town.

This reminds me of something???
The Bubble of Union Goodness.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No I worked night sort for a year and two months the. Twilight for about a year and a half. Then preload then less than eight air driver. Our local had a past practice that the less than eight air drivers got to bid air combo jobs before the population of the building. All of a sudden that past practice changed. I was :censored2: as well as a couple others. We grieved it and they hired extra package car drivers. I did it all inside.
Off the streets can file a grievance?
I'm not sure what happened there?:anxious::whistling:wink2::ignored::yawn2::confused2::funny:

10 point

Bubba is a busting my chops. We are all playing so nice tonight. Harmonizing isn't it?
Yes. He's smarter than me so I don't have many opportunities to pick.

There's a cartoon he reminded me of last week.
The one with the sheep dog and the coyote (I think) where they fight like enemies until the shift horn blows. They punch out as friends until the next CBA/I mean day.

I'm not sure what happened there?:anxious::whistling:wink2::ignored::yawn2::confused2::funny:
What do you not you get bubba. I waited five years two months. God looks after me I guess. In my bubble of goodness you get restraining orders and all that good stuff. It's all the same autonomy. I've just chosen to be my own equalizer. Ups is fun. It's a game. I likes games.

10 point

What do you not you get bubba. I waited five years two months. God looks after me I guess. In my bubble of goodness you get restraining orders and all that good stuff. It's all the same autonomy. I've just chosen to be my own equalizer. Ups is fun. It's a game. I likes games.
The best defense is a good offense.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes. He's smarter than me so I don't have many opportunities to pick.

There's a cartoon he reminded me of last week.
The one with the sheep dog and the coyote (I think) where they fight like enemies until the shift horn blows. They punch out as friends until the next CBA/I mean day.
That analogy was in reference to the steward/management relationship, but your message does not go unrecognized among us "sheepdogs", I hope?
Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png

10 point

That analogy was in reference to the steward/management relationship, but your message does not go unrecognized among us "sheepdogs", I hope?
Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png
Management?
Not for me.
If I don't like them at work I don't like them anytime.
If they're butt holes there they aren't any different when I punch out.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I agree, but the "game" here is a decade to live your "fun".

Took me almost 8 years in 1994, now it's a decade.