Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

804brown

Okay. So you are going to vote for whoever runs against them even if they aren't qualified?
Whoever said your boys were qualified for the position THEY occupy?? That wonderful 16 year experiment of putting a famous name with no experience at the local level like being a shop steward or even a business agent or maybe the head of that local HAS UTTERLY FAILED!! Time for new blood...leaders who have taken on their employers and have earned their present positions by acting and leading unlike certain leaders who never had to work their way up the hard way.
Listen members are pissed off and are not about to make the same mistake again with the present group in Washington. You might SAY Tim is not qualified but he IS the president of are very powerful local with over 6500 members. He and his team took on an entrenched old guard in our local and trounced them over 2 to 1. They implemented the things they ran on and were re-elected. They, after only 3 years in office, negotiated a strong contract that extracted numerous benefits from UPS including a $400 boost to our pension, 150 new FT jobs and a more robust and speedier grievance procedure. They didnt have a lot of experience bargaining but used the gifts they did have like Tim's experience as an Organizer under ron Carey in the 1990s. They informed the membership and mobilized us to get involved and we pushed our leadership to demand certain things and THEY DELIVERED !! Not many locals got what we got last contract. That is why Tim feels it is time to do for our Intl Union what he was able to do for us here in Local 804!!

And that is why i will not only vote for him but travel around this country and campaign with the man. Our once great union cannot afford 5 more years of Hoffa/Hall and (the) SOB!!

image.jpg

804brown

I know you are and I agree with you. (And I like you old name better.) I did not get hurt by the contract. I think we have it pretty good here in NE. I just don't agree with what they did to others.
Now you my friend are a real person of integrity. You say you are ok with your position,etc but you feel personally betrayed by what H/H/O did to the members of OTHER locals. You are a real person who not only talks solidarity but actually lives it. You could have said: I got mine screw what happens in other locals!! But you did not and therefore: I salute you !!

Whoever said your boys were qualified for the position THEY occupy?? That wonderful 16 year experiment of putting a famous name with no experience at the local level like being a shop steward or even a business agent or maybe the head of that local HAS UTTERLY FAILED!! Time for new blood...leaders who have taken on their employers and have earned their present positions by acting and leading unlike certain leaders who never had to work their way up the hard way.
Listen members are :censored2: off and are not about to make the same mistake again with the present group in Washington. You might SAY Tim is not qualified but he IS the president of are very powerful local with over 6500 members. He and his team took on an entrenched old guard in our local and trounced them over 2 to 1. They implemented the things they ran on and were re-elected. They, after only 3 years in office, negotiated a strong contract that extracted numerous benefits from UPS including a $400 boost to our pension, 150 new FT jobs and a more robust and speedier grievance procedure. They didnt have a lot of experience bargaining but used the gifts they did have like Tim's experience as an Organizer under ron Carey in the 1990s. They informed the membership and mobilized us to get involved and we pushed our leadership to demand certain things and THEY DELIVERED !! Not many locals got what we got last contract. That is why Tim feels it is time to do for our Intl Union what he was able to do for us here in Local 804!!

And that is why i will not only vote for him but travel around this country and campaign with the man. Our once great union cannot afford 5 more years of Hoffa/Hall and (the) SOB!!
We got 400 raise in our pension as well. What do you want a medal? You got a new panel. Newsflash. Everyone has one too. Ours is called JOAC. The Full time jobs you got. We have to hire off the street because no one want the jobs. What really has Tim done?? I don't see it.

Last edited:

10 point

Finish the rest. What did the other candidates get?
I ALREADY TOLD YOU... 40%!
(In honor or usny...try to keep up.)
Actually I believe Hof got 59% and so:
100% - 59% = 41% for the rest (other two) but....

You were trying to use that "crazy math" against TS so what's good for the goose is.......

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I ALREADY TOLD YOU... 40%!
(In honor or usny...try to keep up.)
Actually I believe Hof got 59% and so:
100% - 59% = 41% for the rest (other two) but....

You were trying to use that "crazy math" against TS so what's good for the goose is.......
Lmfao!!!
So your allowed to combine the other 2 people. Keep going!! Break it down.

Percentage for Alexandra _________%
Percentage for Gagre _________%

10 point

Lmfao!!!
So your allowed to combine the other 2 people. Keep going!! Break it down.

Percentage for Alexandra _________%
Percentage for Gagre _________%
I don't have to. You didn't. I'm responding also to the "huge" statement.
There'll undoubtedly be more competition this time after the last CBA.

804brown

We got 400 raise in our pension as well. What do you want a medal? You got a new panel. Newsflash. Everyone we has one too. Full time jobs. You got. We have to hire off the street because no one want the jobs. What really has Tim done?? I don't see it.
What local are you?? Was your increase taken from diverting wages or negotiated by your local?? And yes it is big news that we finally a local grievance panel here. Old board allowed members to be victims of a broken grievance procedure and allow contract grievances to not be heard for over 10 years!! Again yes 150 new FT jobs are important and much better than what other locals got. We also have opened up more summer vacation for more members, etc.
Its not that you dont SEE it. It is that you dont WANT to see it. You are a committed follower of an old, worn out , failed brand. Your boy never "Brought back the power", never achieved "unity" no matter how many "unity" conferences he declares.
Leaders are supposed to grow in office (no fat jokes here) and evolve and learn from past mistakes. Your guy is kept in a bubble by assistants and boot lickers who tell him he is doing swell...members love ya Jimmy...TDU sucks...youre doing a great job Jimmy.
It seems the ONLY thing he is good at is WINNING ELECTIONS. He certainly is no good at contracts or mobilizing the entire membership to stop legislation that harms workers. he's always late to the party...pension protection...TPP and on and on. He's a Jimmy-come-lately who luck is about to run out!!

What local are you?? Was your increase taken from diverting wages or negotiated by your local?? And yes it is big news that we finally a local grievance panel here. Old board allowed members to be victims of a broken grievance procedure and allow contract grievances to not be heard for over 10 years!! Again yes 150 new FT jobs are important and much better than what other locals got. We also have opened up more summer vacation for more members, etc.
Its not that you dont SEE it. It is that you dont WANT to see it. You are a committed follower of an old, worn out , failed brand. Your boy never "Brought back the power", never achieved "unity" no matter how many "unity" conferences he declares.
Leaders are supposed to grow in office (no fat jokes here) and evolve and learn from past mistakes. Your guy is kept in a bubble by assistants and boot lickers who tell him he is doing swell...members love ya Jimmy...TDU sucks...youre doing a great job Jimmy.
It seems the ONLY thing he is good at is WINNING ELECTIONS. He certainly is no good at contracts or mobilizing the entire membership to stop legislation that harms workers. he's always late to the party...pension protection...TPP and on and on. He's a Jimmy-come-lately who luck is about to run out!!
My local. I'm in the central region. We got 3200 for thirty years full time January 1 2017 we get 3400 for 30 years. 3900 for 35 years.none of this was a diverted pay raise or diverted from healthcare. Our pension is funded at 105% I might add. Your new panel. I think it's great that you got that panel but you were one of the last of the Mohicans to get that. I realize that you had a lot of members sitting out forever but that's some stone age crap. Everyone has had a state panel with the exception of I think 177.

In my local alone which has about 3000 members along with another local )550) that has car wash and airport ramp we have over 250 22.3 jobs.

And the driving jobs nobody I mean no body wants. These are jobs that you can have a very good life for your family. Oh yea @804brown there were also more I believe 2500 full time 22.3 combo jobs won in the last contract.

All you have is that campaign sign and a video that's mediocre at best.

I am beginning to think that you are a paid operative, coming on bc to cheerleader for the Old Guard at election time and throw mud at the opposition.

You and wide load.
actually I wish I was but I do this because I believe in them.
I have a lot more stuff but I'm not really supposed to post in on this site. I know you are probably jealous but I can't help you out.

10 point

And the driving jobs nobody I mean no body wants. These are jobs that you can have a very good life for your family. Oh yea @804brown there were also more I believe 2500 full time 22.3 combo jobs won in the last contract.
How many of those 2500 won (for over 1700 locations) were split shifts?
Just wondering.

10 point

All you have is that campaign sign and a video that's mediocre at best.

I am beginning to think that you are a paid operative, coming on bc to cheerleader for the Old Guard at election time and throw mud at the opposition.

You and wide load.
Nah, I know one of them actually does hourly work.

How many of those 2500 won (for over 1700 locations) were split shifts?
Just wondering.
Probably a lot but the funny thing is bro that we have a lot of guys that drive for six months and then bid into 22.3 jobs. They use it as a springboard. They just don't want to be package car drivers. I was creaming in my pants to get this job. Had to win it on a grievance at the age of 23. Thought I was bad ass not these guys don't even want it.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Probably a lot but the funny thing is bro that we have a lot of guys that drive for six months and then bid into 22.3 jobs. They use it as a springboard. They just don't want to be package car drivers. I was creams my in my pants to get this job. Had to win it on a grievance at the age of 23. Thought I was bad ass not these guys don't even want it.
Every time they post a full time package car bid sheet in my building, they have to put up a second page.
In the end they take 5 or 6.
Takes about a decade to get a shot.

Crazy how things can differ so greatly from one place to the next?

Must be in the water?

10 point

Probably a lot but the funny thing is bro that we have a lot of guys that drive for six months and then bid into 22.3 jobs. They use it as a springboard. They just don't want to be package car drivers. I was creams my in my pants to get this job. Had to win it on a grievance at the age of 23. Thought I was bad ass not these guys don't even want it.
I got it. Had a six month part timer sign the list and if things fall in line he'll be a bid winner.
Unbelievable.

Maybe trucks will drive themselves after all....
By default.