UPS hasn't bought any new pkg cars this year, avoiding promised AC.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We measured the temp in the back on a day when it was 110° out....the package compartment was 141°
Easy fix:

UPS management culture lacks integrity.

Easy fix:

UPS management culture lacks integrity.
Don't talk to me. You're a fraud.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Don't talk to me. You're a fraud.
IMG_5489.jpeg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

JL 0513

Many of our Whirlybirds have been ripped off package cars. Very weak units and just takes a tree branch to break them. Obviously they don't get replaced. Just like when we do get AC and it breaks, it won't be fixed. Won't take long to break starting/stopping 150+ times a day.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Many of our Whirlybirds have been ripped off package cars. Very weak units and just takes a tree branch to break them. Obviously they don't get replaced. Just like when we do get AC and it breaks, it won't be fixed. Won't take long to break starting/stopping 150+ times a day.
UPS will deal with it, no doubt.

Wally

At least the internet cameras will be cut off as the runner-gunner snags the low hanging cable and rips down the wire.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
We measured the temp in the back on a day when it was 110° out....the package compartment was 141°
Lots of people overlooking the upward trend in heat issues since Orion started forcing everyone to have to dig into a different part of the package car at every stop forcing people to spend lots more time in the back of the truck. But we’re saving miles!👍

Wally

Lots of people overlooking the upward trend in heat issues since Orion started forcing everyone to have to dig into a different part of the package car at every stop forcing people to spend lots more time in the back of the truck. But we’re saving miles!👍
What heat issue trends? Sorting the package car was part of the job years back. No shorts, no coddling, no whinny drivers.

Integrity

Binge Poster

I believe eventually UPS hand will be forced. They were already forced in principle to the installation of AC. I knew it was only a matter of time.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What heat issue trends? Sorting the package car was part of the job years back. No shorts, no coddling, no whinny drivers.
I think individuals who insult other drivers who they view as lesser than them, especially those willing to speak out, only compromises union solidarity and brotherhood and plays right into the hand of the corrupt management culture that IMO, from my experience and observations, permeates management at UPS.

Thebrownblob

I think individuals who insult other drivers who they view as lesser than them, especially those willing to speak out, only compromises union solidarity and brotherhood and plays right into the hand of the corrupt management culture that IMO, from my experience and observations, permeates management at UPS.
I don’t know where you worked, but I do know that at no time does management care how we feel or what we say they’re going to do whatever they want, even when they’ve agreed otherwise. When all members push to get something done, then eventually management gives in.

On the other hand for you to suggest that people who don’t agree, not the other way is also insulting. Everyone has a voice and they are allowed to use it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Discipline to the mechanics? I just drive it till the wheels fall off.
I just made sure I wrote it up everyday, every single day. If it was really important after a few days of this I called my BA, most times this did not take very long to be corrected. I never brought this crap up to management. The BA told me years ago to handle it this way. It most always worked for me at least, they eventually stop pulling that crap with me.