UPS hasn't bought any new pkg cars this year, avoiding promised AC.

Pullman Brown

Good point, maybe we should ask for SRS systems next contract. If there was a way for UPS to spend a couple hundred dollars per package car to fix the problem of the American diet I would suggest they go ahead and do that. Any non-zero number of heat related deaths at work is too many for me.
Let’s assume that we are in the year 2035, ac in every PC, a driver dies, later determined by doctor it was heat related, then what?

10:30 resi

Let’s assume that we are in the year 2035, ac in every PC, a driver dies, later determined by doctor it was heat related, then what?
Then we all need to continue to take heat exposure at work seriously and continue to look at ways to reduce heat related casualties at work with the goal being zero. Why let the perfect be the enemy of the good?

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
I have been working for this company since 1987. I don’t how do you think you’re going to pull a vehicle down when you have to shut it off after every stop here in Florida it gets extremely hot. There’s no way you will cool that vehicle down
Same way we use the heat in the winter. Keep it on with the vents pointed at you. It does make a difference. Every little bit helps.

"Oh I don't need it"

Aight. We'll how about when we get it, you don't get one. Sorry.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
I'm getting really sick of this old head "back in my day" narrative.

Man eff your day. It's brutal out here and we're delivering more packages than you ever did.

Show some support or stfu.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I've been driving these trucks since 2000. It's definitely hotter now and more taxing with the work load and rising temperatures. More needs to be done, this company will only do what it absolutely has to do, and it will try to get out of that if it can.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm getting really sick of this old head "back in my day" narrative.

Man eff your day. It's brutal out here and we're delivering more packages than you ever did.

Show some support or stfu.
1719153205638.gif

ManInBrown

Heat doesn’t really bother me, break a sweat, get the big brown box rolling and some ice water and I’m good. The cold makes my bones hurt.
Agree, when I was in package it really didn’t bother me. Plenty of days 95+ degrees here. You just become accustomed to it. Back of the package car never bothered me either. Did I love it? No, but I was more than used to it. Would‘ve taken 100 every day over 10 degrees. One of the worst days ever in package. Massive snowstorm, we got called in around 2pm. Next day bone chilling cold with snow everywhere making it even colder. By far one of the worst days in my career at UPS.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Agree, when I was in package it really didn’t bother me. Plenty of days 95+ degrees here. You just become accustomed to it. Back of the package car never bothered me either. Did I love it? No, but I was more than used to it. Would‘ve taken 100 every day over 10 degrees. One of the worst days ever in package. Massive snowstorm, we got called in around 2pm. Next day bone chilling cold with snow everywhere making it even colder. By far one of the worst days in my career at UPS.
Cold winter rain is worse than the heat.