UPS hasn't bought any new pkg cars this year, avoiding promised AC.

Johney

Pineapple King
I'm getting really sick of this old head "back in my day" narrative.

Man eff your day. It's brutal out here and we're delivering more packages than you ever did.

Show some support or stfu.
You're right you may deliver more now than back in the day, But I'd love to hear what you'd be crying about doing the same job with long pants, no power steering, oh and a step that was 3 feet off the ground. SMH.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
You're right you may deliver more now than back in the day, But I'd love to hear what you'd be crying about doing the same job with long pants, no power steering, oh and a step that was 3 feet off the ground. SMH.
Dawg we're basically a furniture delivery company. We deliver trampolines, deck furniture, grills, couches

You old mfers didn't have to deal with that shiet . That's why I get so mad

Johney

Pineapple King
Dawg we're basically a furniture delivery company. We deliver trampolines, deck furniture, grills, couches

My first route in 1988 delivered 400 packages and picked up 375.

No one says you have to work here.

10:30 resi

This company started as basically a furniture delivery company. The delivery system for stores of quality.

I don't think I could get into one of those old high steppers anymoreI don't think I could get into one of those old high steppers anymore

Johney

Pineapple King
I've done that
it's not impossible. It's hard yes. But I've done that
In long pants, no power steering,on paper,knowing when to change clipboards because you're in a new area,peeling off air labels and writing names on them, progressive COD turn in,keeping track of $5000 in cash oh and driving a stick? Please.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
AC was nothing more than language that was dangled in front of the more naive members in order to get them to vote yes. You can bet UPS won't actually follow through any time soon. Maybe when (if) all the younger drivers start holding them to the language. But I doubt that. Not many of the more "seasoned" drivers will complain. Because the idea of having AC in most of these trucks is a flipping joke. But either way....I doubt there will be much traction on this. We can't even get members or many union reps to collectively fight for proper enforcement of the new 9.5 language! AC in the trucks? Yawn......

AC was nothing more than language that was dangled in front of the more naive members in order to get them to vote yes. You can bet UPS won't actually follow through any time soon. Maybe when (if) all the younger drivers start holding them to the language. But I doubt that. Not many of the more "seasoned" drivers will complain. Because the idea of having AC in most of these trucks is a flipping joke. But either way....I doubt there will be much traction on this. We can't even get members or many union reps to collectively fight for proper enforcement of the new 9.5 language! AC in the trucks? Yawn......
Thanks Dave