UPS hasn't bought any new pkg cars this year, avoiding promised AC.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Serious question: do you think with in a given year drivers are more likely to die from a car accident or heat from the back of the truck? Or die from not eating well?? The evidence seems to be that heat related deaths are very very very very small-I’m all for AC but let’s not twist the evidence and make it say something it doesn’t. We are a fearful soft society especially MEN and this heat issue is a perfect example.
He was saying. No one should be dieing from heat, if there are tools to help. Tool is a interesting word.

Brownwind

Every truck is a literal piece of :censored2: with check engine lights on. Half the fans don't work so we'll see how the AC goes lol.
Just write it up. If it’s a fan not working hit the safety button on your dvir when you put your miles in. You can’t log out without seeing this page.

When prompted “ fans not working properly window defogger in need of repair”.

If you have a problem the mechanic wants to know before it becomes a major issue.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Only support your views, right?
Not at all.

Lets dissect what he said, before you get upset that I called him a baby.

I'm getting really sick of this old head "back in my day" narrative.

Man eff your day. It's brutal out here and we're delivering more packages than you ever did.

Show some support or stfu.

He said : I'm getting really sick of this old head "back in my day" narrative.

Hmmmmmm 🧐 Doesn’t really seem to care what I think.
Strike 1 !

He said:
Man eff your day. It's brutal out here and we're delivering more packages than you ever did.

Hmmmmmmmm 🤔 :censored2: my day? Lol. It still is many of us “old heads” days. Whaaaaaaahhhh it’s brutal out here and us young guys are doing more work than you old guys ever did, whaaaahhhhh. Well we ARE still doing it, so just because he’s a PAB that can’t handle a little heat, doesn’t mean he’s the only one that has to deal with it. This is the main reason I called him a Baby, are there young healthy package car drivers dying every day at work all across the county? Nope. Does it happen and is it tragic when it does? Absolutely. Is an air conditioned package car going to stop heat related deaths? Possibly, but not guaranteed. I’d rather have that money paid to hire more part timers and maybe give better load quality so drivers don’t have to spend so much time in the back of package car, which by the way, won’t be air conditioned!

Strike 2 !

He said : Show some support OR stfu

Hmmmmmmmm, 🤔 seems to me that would be a choice that only supports his view? I mean if I don’t support AC in package cars, then I should stfu? Seems like my views are NOT the only ones.

So to answer your question……

Strike three!

Wrong- but we have become used to your little antics, no one is mad, you can still be in the union that you despise.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
And by the way….

1719343408612.gif

10:30 resi

I’d rather have that money paid to hire more part timers and maybe give better load quality so drivers don’t have to spend so much time in the back of package car, which by the way, won’t be air conditioned!
How would you make sure the company spent the money on hiring more loaders instead of increasing dividends?

you're all dumb Teamsters, we could solve heat related injuries easily with a properly worded DIAD training and a signed commitment statement

better yet both every day the temperature is above 80, man I can't wait to float this idea to Carol

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Florida House Bill 433, which DeSantis signed into law in April, prohibits local governments from requiring shade or water breaks for outdoor workers, or even giving preference to employers based on their heat exposure requirements.

Just write it up. If it’s a fan not working hit the safety button on your dvir when you put your miles in. You can’t log out without seeing this page.

When prompted “ fans not working properly window defogger in need of repair”.

If you have a problem the mechanic wants to know before it becomes a major issue.
I've been putting the fans as a safety issue on the DVIR papers/book.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I can only speak for my building but we got boat loads of new cars in over the last two years. All the 113s are gone. All the diesels are gone. We don’t have a car older than a 2010. I’ll be close to retirement by the time I get a car with AC. It was a dumb contract fight for the union to get into. It is pointless. It won’t work with the cars being turned off at every stop. The fans are great, even if it’s hot air. I haven’t seen any cars retrofitted with heat shielding or those spinning fans on the roof. I’ve only occasionally driven cars with them and never really noticed a difference. My one complaint would be the need to re wire the fan to allow it to be on when the car is off.