UPS Strike prediction

Pullman Brown

So any predictions?

17 day strike. She said she had a plan on one of her interviews last year. They’ll be able to move volume and deliver some better than 97 but it won’t even come close to stopping the hemorrhaging. Non-RTW states will carry the weight. They cave in on week three and we get ALMOST everything!

Staydryitsraining

17 day strike. She said she had a plan on one of her interviews last year. They’ll be able to move volume and deliver some better than 97 but it won’t even come close to stopping the hemorrhaging. Non-RTW states will carry the weight. They cave in on week three and we get ALMOST everything!
Solid, sound prediction. So you think the company is going to try and buck the union?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Unfortunately, this guy Obrien making the negotiations personal only pisses people off and sways their objectivity. I'm just being honest. If there is a strike, and people dig their heels in (which they always do), the outcome may be possibly less than what was originally offered, for someone.
I hope each side drops the tuff guy crap and acts in everyone's best interest. (That's not AC in PC, PT wages matching FT employee's, etc.)

Staydryitsraining

Unfortunately, this guy Obrien making the negotiations personal only pisses people off and sways their objectivity. I'm just being honest. If there is a strike, and people dig their heels in (which they always do), the outcome may be possibly less than what was originally offered, for someone.
I hope each side drops the tuff guy crap and acts in everyone's best interest. (That's not AC in PC, PT wages matching FT employee's, etc.)
I feel the pters should have a set progression and top rate like us drivers do, I think it would eliminate alot of uncertainty.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I feel the pters should have a set progression and top rate like us drivers do, I think it would eliminate alot of uncertainty.
Why do you think that? Because you are running a business or you feel bad that the PTers don't make enough?
Imagine it was your business and your money.
Since you "feel", I "feel" the PTers either get benefits or a hefty pay raise and minimal progression, not both.

PT employment is not intended to be a career at any business. It's intended to put people in place when you need them...as in Part Time. There are plenty of FT opportunities, but they have to give up their side businesses to do it.
Anyone wanting to respond "They're laying people off, need to consider the longer term employment span.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Why do you think that? Because you are running a business or you feel bad that the PTers don't make enough?
Since you "feel", I "feel" the PTers either get benefits or a hefty pay raise and minimal progression, not both.

PT employment is not intended to be a career at any business. It's intended to put people in place when you need them...as in Part Time. There are plenty of FT opportunities, but they have to give up their side businesses to do it.
Anyone wanting to respond "They're laying people off, need to consider the longer term employment span.
I can't disagree with this.
People talk about wants and needs. The PTers feel they need more money while really only working here for the medical. That's what every pter tells me. They all own some sort of personal small business. A company asking for a FT commitment in exchange for a wage, progression, healthcare, retirement, etc. isn't unusual.

Staydryitsraining

I wasn't referring to how much we make as drivers, I was referring to our pay structure. A progression a top rate everyone knows they will get and how long it will take.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

I wasn't referring to how much we make as drivers, I was referring to our pay structure. A progression a top rate everyone knows they will get and how long it will take.
Well, I misunderstood the context here.
I haven't had a PT job since I was in College, I didn't care about the progression then, because it was a PT job....not a career, which I was preparing for. Same here, but that's my opinion.

Staydryitsraining

Well, I misunderstood the context here.
I haven't had a PT job since I was in College, I didn't care about the progression then, because it was a PT job....not a career, which I was preparing for. Same here, but that's my opinion.
Yea I was just referring to we have a top rate, we know what it is and how many years it takes. I think the pt pay should be structured the same. They start at a certain wage and have a progression to reach top pay.