UPS Strike prediction

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well if it is 100% true that hoffa had his protege hoodwink us with a false conversion into a reformer that would change a lot of peoples view of the situation. Right now we are in trust but verify mode hoping for the best. I would say in that case push O’Brien to put his cards on the table.

it’s like we are sending O’Brien to the Chevy dealership to buy us a Silverado, and are trusting him to get the best deal. I would at least want him to tell me “hey I’m trying to get it for 45k, with a free bedliner thrown in” so when he comes back with a number I can see we’ll they offered 47k, a bed liner, and 5 free oil changes hmm that’s not too bad. If I don’t even know what he went in asking for how do I know he didn’t just bring me the offer the dealer made without even fighting for me?

That would just be one example I think the majority of memebers would support. The only reason I can think of to not tell us what the ask is, would be to minimize disappointment when the contract falls well short. If you want to bring a fight to the company like he said he does show us what you are asking for so if the company dosnt come close and makes a last and best we can see that.

Immediate release:
We are telling the company 6 days are killing our members. We informed the company that we want the same deal they give management, if you work 6 days you get an extra vacation day added to your entitlements. I’m bringing a fight to the company and they need to know we are willing to strike over issues like this. Stand strong more updates to follow

Something like that vs vague confrontational language lacking any detail
This just shows a total lack of understanding of how negotiations work.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Can’t wait to strike, looking forward to watching people bitch about crossing while having a 90k car, 800k house, and complain they can’t live until next week.

Same :censored2:ers gunna be driving the shuttle bus in Mexico at 65yo, taking me to wherever because they needed to have that big house and car at 26yo

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
E354D2A2-F48A-45BD-A5C1-0CBB531CAC1E.jpeg

Joe Biden

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Why do that? MOST pters move on after days, weeks, months, years..post 221 shows a guy that's been around for 46 years who claims he was in the USAF for 21 years or 4 years or who the hell knows how long.
The time to move on was long ago for him.

We have plenty of part timers at my hub who been with the company for a long time. I’m confused as to what’s your gripe with this?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How about $90k/yr?

With your wage rate, that's possible.

LOL Easiest job I have ever had.

Then you are not busting out a full pkg route while working 50hrs a week.

How do you complete your assigned PT work.... and then do Pkg without running out of hours ?

Yes I do have a strong work ethic. Thank you.

Nothing wrong with that. We grew up in a different time.

Even though my Local has always had a consistent turnover in the PT ranks, even pkg and feeder drivers

are not that "enthused" enough to be there on a consistent basis anymore. Why is that ?

I just fill in when there is a need.

You've cut yourself.... one hell of a deal.

I just still have a hard time believing it's true.

Brownwind

With your wage rate, that's possible.

Then you are not busting out a full pkg route while working 50hrs a week.

How do you complete your assigned PT work.... and then do Pkg without running out of hours ?

Nothing wrong with that. We grew up in a different time.

Even though my Local has always had a consistent turnover in the PT ranks, even pkg and feeder drivers

are not that "enthused" enough to be there on a consistent basis anymore. Why is that ?

You've cut yourself.... one hell of a deal.

I just still have a hard time believing it's true.
I believe this post. We had older preloaders who filled in driving and were able to clear over 100k. Remember as soon as they touched a ground box delivery they got paid drivers rate for the whole day. Every week they maxed out at 60. Throw in time bonuses and the math adds up.

They are not working now that much. I did see the check receipt.

Car wash is after. That way I am paid OT at the higher rate. Also if I go over 40 hours then Saturday Air is all OT. It all adds up over the course of a year. I work a lot of half days. 8:30 in the morning till sometimes 10:00 at night. Not too many people are willing to do that.