Voting bonus out!

box_beeyotch

If we were to put in our 45 and then put in an additional lunch we would have some 'splainin' to do the next morning.

I mean like say you have a 7 pm pick up which is possible cause we have quite a few and you've already taken your one hour lunch and paid break. It is now 530 and you have no work left, so basically you sit for an hour to wait on said pick up.

Overpaid Union Thug

Did I say Only? I'm sorry youre right, I'm wrong, I'm a thief. Like I said, no matter what I say to you it will be wrong. Keep thinking I have a great time allowance, I'll keep working 45 and get paid for 50. I agree that you probably deserve more time but why scrutinize me for running under?
You've already exposed yourself. No need to say anymore. Save your energy. The hole is rather deep and will require allot of strength to climb out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I mean like say you have a 7 pm pick up which is possible cause we have quite a few and you've already taken your one hour lunch and paid break. It is now 530 and you have no work left, so basically you sit for an hour to wait on said pick up.

At that point you send in an "I can help if needed" message, which covers you when they ask why you had so much dead time.

box_beeyotch

At that point you send in an "I can help if needed" message, which covers you when they ask why you had so much dead time.

That's usually what I do. Sometimes they would send other pick ups, but lately they say they cant PM dispatch because of it interfering with Orion. All depends on the week.

By The Book

Bonus center voting bonus out!......anyone have experience with voting bonus out in recent past and did it help or hurt? Any info in either direction would be of great help!
Did you have a vote to see if the majority is wanting this? If that went forward what was the result.

Overpaid Union Thug

Did you have a vote to see if the majority is wanting this? If that went forward what was the result.

In my area all that is required to vote bonus out is for anyone to call a vote and a simple majority wins. Even with all of the new runner and gunner drivers we've acquired over the last year, and factoring in the veteran bonus babies, I'm pretty sure we could vote bonus out here. The more senior bonus babies would likely throw the usual hissy fits like they always do when they don't get their way.

You are so lost. LOL!

By The Book

In my area all that is required to vote bonus out is for anyone to call a vote and a simple majority wins. Even with all of the new runner and gunner drivers we've acquired over the last year, and factoring in the veteran bonus babies, I'm pretty sure we could vote bonus out here. The more senior bonus babies would likely throw the usual hissy fits like they always do when they don't get their way.

You are so lost. LOL!
When calling a vote is it the majority of those who vote (show up to vote) or do all drivers have to cast a vote? Is this a drivers only thing?

710 steward

If we are more than 10 miles over we have to explain why.

I love you Baboon. You're always great for a laugh. As a 710 steward in my building we explain NOTHING. If one of my guys runs 85%+ trace, my opinion is getter a better system. If their system can't reduce miles it isn't one of my guys fault. Then the meeting ends right there. We say nothing else. We have a job to do and part if that job requires driving to delivery locations. Accidents, detours, construction, on call airs, and any other obsticle that pulls you over on their miles program isn't your problem as a driver.

Overpaid Union Thug

When calling a vote is it the majority of those who vote (show up to vote) or do all drivers have to cast a vote? Is this a drivers only thing?
Only full-time drivers can vote. I'm not sure about all the particulars because last time a vote was called (probably almost 20 years ago) most routes had (at the very least) a fair time study and it was easy for a driver to make decent bonus without skipping lunch but back then people would skip their lunch and make at least an hour on top of that. Nowadays most of those drivers are either worn out or can't make bonus even if they skip their lunch. I'm sure that each and every full-time driver would have the opportunity to vote. It would be more of a formality though if its obvious the results will still go one way even if all of those that were absent all voted the other way.

babboo25

Banned
I love you Baboon. You're always great for a laugh. As a 710 steward in my building we explain NOTHING. If one of my guys runs 85%+ trace, my opinion is getter a better system. If their system can't reduce miles it isn't one of my guys fault. Then the meeting ends right there. We say nothing else. We have a job to do and part if that job requires driving to delivery locations. Accidents, detours, construction, on call airs, and any other obsticle that pulls you over on their miles program isn't your problem as a driver.
Good for you, rebel without a cause. All of what you listed is an explanation tough guy.

babboo25

Banned
Mr 710 steward, go ask the drivers at the Alton center about bonus. They were told if they voted it out UPS would have to add more routes. They voted it out, did UPS add routes, NO, now majority wishes they had it back, but once you vote it out its gone forever.