Who Is Voting Yes or No?

Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 96 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 82 46.1%

• Total voters

Thebrownblob

Im new here, always lurked…. but 27 years in this company (7PT 20FT)….I have never voted yes for a contract except the 97 one and will vote yes on this one. This is certainly the best one we’ve gotten.
Looking forward to seeing what the supplement holds.
I would have liked to gotten to $50, but if $49 helped out the PT folks then I can live with it.
I plan on investing most of this raise anyway.
Glad you’re here brother! stick around.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I think in terms of pure physical and mental, attrition, not really skill, it goes
1. 70 hour rule and forced Saturday helpers which is just downright unhealthy number of hours.
2. Any number of standard operation inside jobs that adds up to greater than 8-9 shifts in 1 week. Physical burnout.
3. delivery drivers under 60 hours. which is a 50/50 split of physical and mental burnout, but both to a slightly lesser degree
4. 22.3 combos who can either skate with 8 or have clerical duty. mechanics also might go here
5. Load/Unload and preload. Decent preloaders trade a tiny piece of labor for extra mental exhaustion. but you get to stop work around 4 to 6 hours.
6. sort and irregs
7. car wash, yard shifters and feeders
8. the remaining gravy jobs.

PT Car Washer

hopefully we can start getting some better workers in the hub from the usual I’ve been seeing
You won't. No one is going to stay for $21/hr and put up with the abuses they will have to endure. Cooperate wants to turn the Hubs into gulags. Hell, they already are and have been for decades. I make $40/hr and I am thinking about bailing.

Thebrownblob

You won't. No one is going to stay for $21/hr and put up with the abuses they will have to endure. Cooperate wants to turn the Hubs into gulags. Hell, they already are and have been for decades. I make $40/hr and I am thinking about bailing.
$21 an hour here for over a year and turnover has gotten better for sure. But still have attendance issues.

Over70irregs

I talk to my HR guy (cool dude) and he says that:

50% of New Hires don't last a week
80% don't last a month.
95% don't last a year.
99% don't last 5yrs (when pension is vested)

Is this true at your hub too?

1 out 100 UPS workers will benefit from the pension. That means 99 people who worked a shift will never see that money.
Even better….. continual subsidy. They should hv no problem bumping it up significantly.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

You’re not here for a pay check as a part timer

MilkTheBrownCow

Well that’s about a stupid comment. Both of my kids had medical stuff when they were little. Son had a little heart issue spent some time in the Hospital. Daughter had a Kidney issue at 6 months old had surgery. Thanks to the insurance I didn’t pay much anything.
That's true and a good point, if I had kids I guess I would value the upgraded insurance more.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You sound like Mrs. Coldworld when she has me doing vacation chores or vacation sex.
1690454296291.png