Who will the teamsters endorse.

542thruNthru

Skimmed through this thread. I think SOB had a plan all along to hedge the Teamsters bets so to speak. Most polls and neighbors and teamsters and anyone else are 50/50 right now in politics. There is a deep divide in this nation on what people believe. Either way, I think he made a very smart decision by not endorsing a candidate. It lets both sides know that our vote is up in the air, and if they want to actually do anything for labor, then maybe they could secure that vote in the future. This decision will hopefully make whoever wins work for us and not against us.
But does that work when locals and JCs are endorsing?

You are retired and don't pay dues...they don't care about you anymore old codger....just be happy they let you participate in the monthly retiree breakfast!!
@UnionStrong is voting for the people who wanted him to lose his pension. Not ONE single republican voted to save his pension, it was entirely because of the Biden administration and democrats that he has a pension.

Republicans laugh at people like him.

Republicans have enacted right to work states. They are working on getting rid of the NLRB, trump has criticized the pay raises union members get (x.com), during an interview with Elon Musk, trump praised musk for firing striking workers

You guys are being manipulated

tourists24

@UnionStrong is voting for the people who wanted him to lose his pension. Not ONE single republican voted to save his pension, it was entirely because of the Biden administration and democrats that he has a pension.

Republicans have enacted right to work states. They are working on getting rid of the NLRB, trump has criticized the pay raises union members get (x.com), during an interview with Elon Musk, trump praised musk for firing striking workers

OR,,,,,, there is a lot more to earning a vote than just one issue. You can call it manipulation all you want, but when the left goes way way more left every day in many other areas of life then voters will start to look elsewhere.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
OR,,,,,, there is a lot more to earning a vote than just one issue. You can call it manipulation all you want, but when the left goes way way more left every day in many other areas of life then voters will start to look elsewhere.
His childish brain can’t comprehend that.

Thebrownblob

If you watch the CNN interview with Sean O’Brien, he explains it quite perfectly that they are the ones that broke it so thank you for fixing it but they owed us that.

If you watch the CNN interview with Sean O’Brien, he explains it quite perfectly that they are the ones that broke it so thank you for fixing it but they owed us that.
Thanks for the link, I’ll watch in a bit

In the meantime would you be able to explain how democrats are the ones that broke it with republicans not having anything to do with it?

Also, in my opinion it still shows the lack of care republicans have for union members to not vote to protect our pension. They don’t care about us

Brown Down

The fact that you live your life thinking the union is the only thing that matters to the majority of us is beyond laughable. Father Union is very important it is not everything. The fact that you are going to overlook everything that the Democrats are doing that a lot of people don't like is telling enough about who's actually being manipulated.
Most of us actually look at all of the issues as a whole and pick who we think is going to align best with the majority and the important in our lives. You would be well advised to start looking at candidates and how they feel yourself before you become another part-time car washer

Thebrownblob

Thanks for the link, I’ll watch in a bit

In the meantime would you be able to explain how democrats are the ones that broke it with republicans not having anything to do with it?

Also, in my opinion it still shows the lack of care republicans have for union members to not vote to protect our pension. They don’t care about us
Jimmy Carter signed the deregulation legislation Republicans put it on steroids.

I’m under no illusions that either side really cares about us that was a partisan vote. They weren’t gonna vote with Democrats because they were not going to get the credit. Politics is a dirty game.

This is not to take away from the fact that I am grateful that they actually did do it and that we did not have to drag it out further, but make no mistake. Something would’ve gotten done no matter what because there was a possibility that those pensions going belly up would’ve hurt the economy and quite possibly put UPS out of business with their unfunded liabilities.