You tell em Donald

vantexan

Yet here you've been refusing to acknowledge those things and instead shifting the conversation to the Clintons, who are out of the picture now. Jesus man I feel like we're on the same page about the Clintons, aren't you sick of hearing about them yet? Move on.

That's where you're wrong. We are not at a dangerous crossroad. There is no freight train coming. The train passed by a long time ago and we have been working hard to dismantle the tracks and scrap them to sustain corporate profits as long as possible.
We are 20 trillion in debt and counting. Almost 10 trillion in the last 8 years alone and where did it all go? It's unsustainable and the answer isn't tax the rich more because that won't put a dent in it. Again you are refusing to see this debt problem.

bbsam

Staff member
We are 20 trillion in debt and counting. Almost 10 trillion in the last 8 years alone and where did it all go? It's unsustainable and the answer isn't tax the rich more because that won't put a dent in it. Again you are refusing to see this debt problem.
If we have that kind of debt nobody is taxed enough.

bbsam

Staff member
OK, haven't read the article but I do know that there are many on the right who aren't happy with him either. I've repeatedly said he's a populist, but some just can't see past the wealth and the R next to his name.
Right. You didn't read the article but responded to the post because you are a knee-jerk Trump supporter.

vantexan

If we have that kind of debt nobody is taxed enough.
We DO have that kind of debt and just how much do you think the gov't should take from everyone? No one should complain about their income if they believe the gov't should take the lion's share of it. The spending far outpaced the revenue taken in. And this is along with him downsizing the military.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Again? No, I have never refused to see the debt. This country has been in debt since it's founding, so it's kind of hard to miss.

I've said many times we need to make drastic cuts to the military, social security, and entitlements (medicare included). If you can't put those three things on the table you don't care about the debt.

bbsam

Staff member
And you acted thrilled to see the right attacking him too because your a knee-jerk liberal.
Not thrilled at all. Just refuting the claims that the March was not anti Trump when it clearly was.

It's simple. Trump is historically unpopular in his first two days. Would have been the same if Hillary had won. Not sure why you and others want to bury your heads in the sand to that truth.

vantexan

Again? No, I have never refused to see the debt. This country has been in debt since it's founding, so it's kind of hard to miss.

I've said many times we need to make drastic cuts to the military, social security, and entitlements (medicare included). If you can't put those three things on the table you don't care about the debt.
Social Security isn't a part of that $20 trillion. Obama's reckless spending a la Cloward and Piven is the reason the debt doubled in 8 years.

vantexan

Are you saying we need to keep pushing it on the next generations?
I'm saying two things: eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse while creating a much more robust economy that will generate much more income for the gov't. That'll allow the gov't to meet it's obligations and pay down the debt. Might not pay it off, but as is servicing our debt is taking an ever larger portion of our tax revenues. That makes it much more difficult to fund programs people like Bacha believe to be our fundamental right to have. Do you not want a gov't that's responsible and accountable?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Social Security isn't a part of that $20 trillion. Obama's reckless spending a la Cloward and Piven is the reason the debt doubled in 8 years.
Ok champ, you made the claim, so back it up with numbers
Show me where welfare has added 10 trillion in debt in the last 8 years.
I'm saying two things: eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse while creating a much more robust economy that will generate much more income for the gov't. That'll allow the gov't to meet it's obligations and pay down the debt.
Define waste....... you mean the military right?

vantexan

Not thrilled at all. Just refuting the claims that the March was not anti Trump when it clearly was.

It's simple. Trump is historically unpopular in his first two days. Would have been the same if Hillary had won. Not sure why you and others want to bury your heads in the sand to that truth.
He's unpopular because the media hammers him so much they're planting the seeds of doubt in even some of his supporters. Let's see how he's doing in 100 days, 1 year, 4 years.