“I believe” statements with Integrity

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
He offered ( John 10:18 and a host of others) his life and shed his blood to complete the eternal plan of God (Eph.1) in the salvation of men.
"They" who had a hand in that plan that killed him were the High Priests, The Pharisees, Pilot, Roman Soldiers, etc.
Which part is a problem for you to comprehend or you are in disagreement with?

BrownFlush

The part where you left yourself out.
You don't see Him hanging there for you.
It wasn't good enough for you, you have some filthy rags to add to it.
I thought the focus question was " who killed Jesus." I took it as a literal question. I mean , I didn't do it, literally.
But hey, I didn't figure in the Joker's spin on the eight layers of your challenged mind to which hidden thought I was supposed to read and know how you were thinking.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I thought the focus question was " who killed Jesus." I took it as a literal question. I mean , I didn't do it, literally.
But hey, I didn't figure in the Joker's spin on the eight layers of your challenged mind to which hidden thought I was supposed to read and know how you were thinking.
Puzzling

Thebrownblob

I appreciate your point of view.

I believe alcoholism/addiction is a disease but I respect that others may not believe the same as I do and it is possible that they may be right regardless of what I believe.

This doesn’t change my belief that alcoholism/ addiction is a
I can go with this.
You can interweb your preferred answer for sure. There are plenty of sites that GUARANTEE we never landed on the moon or the Hitler genocide never happened.
I believe in facys. My bad to some I suppose.
Let's take native Americans and native Alaskan as evidence. These populations are extremely susceptible to alcoholism. It's a genetic defect fort too many to call a weakness or a choice. I do agree that a person diagnosed with alcoholism has a choice whether to drink or not however the same choice shared by a non alcoholic is MUCH easier to make.
Many people are too egotistical to understand addiction they all subscribe it to weakness. If they were to walk in an addicts shoes for a day or month their minds would change and this I 100% guaranteet. If you are among those with superior strength of constitution than an addict then good for you. Work it out brother. You da man.
Don’t confuse, things you said it was “science” I showed you science does not agree completely that it is a disease. It’s a simple as that, there is no scientific evidence that it is or it is it. Didn’t walk in the shoes myself but definitely was affected by the sad miserable selfish life of an alcoholic who always got the benefits of a doubt and had people tell him it wasn’t his fault. But the fact is it was his fault he had every chance to quit and get help he just never wanted to. Had to witness another person who had more than enough chances to get help loose their job today.
Now that person’s family gets to suffer. I’m sure someone will tell that person it’s not their fault you have a disease. They also don’t have a job or insurance. Sad. Choices were made.

BrownFlush

A person can be genetically inclined to alcohol , drugs, lie, cheat, steal, go homo, take risk, athlete, play an instrument, etc.
Temptation to do something may be greater for some in any area and harder to make the right choice, but you can never take choice out of the equation.
In saying, no choice, you're saying, no responsibility.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I agree with the above post. I'll go on to say the disease of addiction makes people much more inclined to do irresponsible things. Again, look at the specific cultures that have huge prevalences of addiction. Their brains share whatever it is that makes people alcoholic.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I agree with the above post. I'll go on to say the disease of addiction makes people much more inclined to do irresponsible things. Again, look at the specific cultures that have huge prevalences of addiction. Their brains share whatever it is that makes people alcoholic.
Which cultures are these and what do they all have in common?

BrownFlush

Their brains share whatever it is that makes people alcoholic.
Couldn't the same be said about people who are over eaters, bulimic, drive fast, lie ,cheat, steal, all chronically ?
While we all do battle with the different things, we all do the battle.
I recognize there is a point where the body demands the alcoholic get a drink, just like the druggy, but giving them a pass because it's physical and they just can't help it, I can't .
Everyone has things they must do battle with, but to even lean toward one has no choice (no matter how hard the choice is) in the matter is a dangerous place and offers the one with any problem an excuse they will call "the"reason.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Don’t confuse, things you said it was “science” I showed you science does not agree completely that it is a disease.
True, so true.
It’s a simple as that, there is no scientific evidence that it is or it is it.
There are some theories based upon circumstantial evidences. Many medical professionals view alcoholism/addiction as a disease.
Didn’t walk in the shoes myself but definitely was affected by the sad miserable selfish life of an alcoholic who always got the benefits of a doubt and had people tell him it wasn’t his fault.
I believe a person who has a disease and knows they have a disease are definitely at fault for any consequences resulting from the choice to not get and follow through with the treatment plan prescribed.
But the fact is it was his fault he had every chance to quit and get help he just never wanted to.
I believe if he knew he needed help to stop and didn’t get help he was at fault for this.
Had to witness another person who had more than enough chances to get help loose their job today.
This sucks. Sorry you had to witness this.
Now that person’s family gets to suffer. I’m sure someone will tell that person it’s not their fault you have a disease. They also don’t have a job or insurance. Sad. Choices were made.
Very sad.