“I believe” statements with Integrity

Thebrownblob

Thank you.

I have run across some fundamental Christian recovery groups where their school of thought is that alcoholism/addiction is a sin or moral issue if you will.

I respect their right to believe this, however I believe alcoholism/ addiction is a disease or illness if you will.

You are certainly entitled to your belief as well. I hope it works for you.
Well I believe the Bible does say being drunk with wine is a “sin” but that doesn’t mean you’re going to hell if you have a drink, obviously they drank wine so I think the implication there is moderation.
That is awesome.

I believe and I am glad you do not struggle with the disease of alcoholism/addiction.
if it’s a disease why don’t I have it? My dad was an alcoholic. I’ve certainly drank alcohol from time to time. I probably haven’t been really “drunk” since my early 20s, as I’m not a huge fan of feeling out of control. You have to have an action to become an alcoholic. Certainly we know some life choices give you more chance of getting some diseases. But some are completely random. Being an alcoholic would not happen without alcohol. So it’s a personal choice. Made over and over again.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well I believe the Bible does say being drunk with wine is a “sin” but that doesn’t mean you’re going to hell if you have a drink obviously they drank wine so I think the implication there is moderation.

if it’s a disease why don’t I have it? My dad was an alcoholic. I’ve certainly drank alcohol from time to time. I probably haven’t been really “drunk” since my early 20s, as I’m not a huge fan of feeling out of control. You have to have an action to become an alcoholic. Certainly we know some life choices give you more chance of getting some diseases. But some are completely random. Being an alcoholic would not happen without alcohol. So it’s a personal choice. Made over and over again.
Some think it’s a body allergy.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I believe what I believe is between me and the almighty God.
…..and all of us.
You go on and on and on about your beliefs.
I have known a lot of drunks and all of them in AA “talk” about their character defects, but CANNOT change who/what they are.
Control it; just don’t keep trying to “save us” in order for you to control yourself.

Integrity

Binge Poster
One day a man went to pick up his prescription at the pharmacy.
He BELIEVED with all his heart it was the amoxicillin the doctor ordered.
The pharmacist filled the bottle with rat poison and he took it home.
But, because he BELIEVED it was amoxicillin, that made it right and ok take.

You believe what you want to believe for whatever reason or feeling you have and that will make it so!
It has always amazed me that people do not BELIEVE this statement in anything (real life, job, etc.) But, when it comes to God and things eternal and spiritual, whatever one BELIEVES it will be fine with God.
This story and logic in it doesn’t land with me. IMO it is faulty.

But if it works for you have at it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
…..and all of us.
?
You go on and on and on about your beliefs.
The title of this thread is about beliefs, if you haven’t noticed.

You are not required to participate in this thread.
I have known a lot of drunks and all of them in AA “talk” about their character defects, but CANNOT change who/what they are.
Is that so.
Control it; just don’t keep trying to “save us” in order for you to control yourself.
Don’t understand what you are saying here.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You are constantly talking about your own BS AA crap that is for drunks, not us that don’t want/need it.
Like a Jehovah's Witness every Saturday morning at my door!
The title of this thread is about beliefs, if you haven’t noticed.
I’m not a pathetic wet brained drunk….I noticed.
You are not required to participate in this thread.
Those that can’t control their alcohol can’t control others.
Is that so.
Ummmm….. YEAH! Whatcha’ gonna’ doboutit?
Don’t understand what you are saying here
Not surprised.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You are constantly talking about your own BS AA crap that is for drunks, not us that don’t want/need it.
Why do you visit threads like this? To try to control?
Like a Jehovah's Witness every Saturday morning at my door!
It does differ, you come to this, it doesn’t come to you.
I’m not a pathetic wet brained drunk….I noticed.
Yet you still come.

You may want to ask yourself why?
Those that can’t control their alcohol can’t control others.
Ok.
Ummmm….. YEAH! Whatcha’ gonna’ doboutit?
Nothing.
Not surprised.
Noted.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
To my understanding God would’ve found someone else. Noahs actions did not Guaranteed his salvation either way.
He used a lot of strange people in the Bible to do good stuff.
That is the allure of the stories in the Bible he uses a group of losers, Whores , criminals and miscreants.

So we fit right in I think we’re all going to heaven will be OK
Once again, you miss the point.
If Noah had not responded to Gods command and “ obeyed “ “ built the ark” “DID “ , he would have been disobedient and would have perished .

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Why do you visit threads like this? To try to control?
LOL..."Control"???? I'm not the one posting AA nonsense that YOU must need, but you continuously post as if everyone else needs it to....AA is all about mind control. This is classic!
It does differ, you come to this, it doesn’t come to you.
WE'RE NOT COMING TO THIS!!!!! YOU POST AA GIBBERISH EVERY :censored2:ING DAY!
Yet you still come.
Are you upset that you cannot control who reads/posts/criticizes?? Drunks in AA do that.
You may want to ask yourself why?
For entertainment and amusement and to see what people on the Ground side think....Not as an AA mission
Ok.

Nothing.

Noted.
So, you're going to stop using BC as your personal AA soapbox and realize we don't need you trying to save us because we make decisions to prioritize responsible actions over getting :censored2:ed up all the time and :censored2:ing over people we love?

Thebrownblob

Once again, you miss the point.
If Noah had not responded to Gods command and “ obeyed “ “ built the ark” “DID “ , he would have been disobedient and would have perished .
Yep, and someone else would have built the ark. Would that have excluded him from going to heaven? Not for me to say. Old Testament didn’t have as much grace and mercy as Jesus gods only son had not died for our sins according to the book. We all will perish in this life. whether we obey or not.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I believe Joe Biden is the worst president in the history of the US. His current pleads for the DOJ to prosecute Trump instead of Hunter the Son of Scum should be seen for what it is!

1649003665531.png

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Yep, and someone else would have built the ark. Would that have excluded him from going to heaven? Not for me to say. Old Testament didn’t have as much grace and mercy as Jesus gods only son had not died for our sins according to the book. We all will perish in this life. whether we obey or not.
Where you spend eternity depends on whether you are obedient to God or not.
His grace and mercy are extended in many ways. One way being, giving you instruction in His Word on how you can be obedient to His will.
Hope this helps.